• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Retrenching workers should not be the last resort.

tomychua

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Article Source: http://goo.gl/lA8WnQ

Yes, retrenching workers should not be the last resort.

156151032.jpg

No, I’m not saying that it should come early. Heck, it shouldn’t it even come at all.

But of course, as how the Tripartite partners put it in a recent revision of a tripartite guidelines, if it is inevitable, retrenchments should be conducted in a responsible manner.

We are entering a period of uncertainty. Businesses are restructuring and some are downsizing, while some MNCs (Multi-National Corporations) are re-shoring back to their origin countries. As such, there will be workers who have to face the cut and be displaced.

But before workers get there, companies should assist them in more ways.

Read the full article here: http://goo.gl/lA8WnQ

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every generation of workers, should have an experience of being retrenched & out of work, have to feed a family, feed a government that is expensive & see, their jobs, being taken over by foreigners, who treat sinktothecore...like a "heaven on earth" while they are having a "hell on earth here'..should experience people of 3rd world making good in an advance society..while they are facing 3rd world poverty with a 1st world twist.

Will they ever learn?? they will still voted for the same people, who put them in that dire straits.....if there is no retrenchment I echo what wooden said " I WORRY"...they should be retrenched...but will they learn???