• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thambyah pounce on Gay Loong Gaffe, now PAP Ministers must reveal their assets

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Gay Loong said all candidates should have their past examined honestly and transparently. Then Thambyah said, that's good, I waiting now for all the Ministers to declare their assets and income to show transparency. What is Gay Loong's reply? that sound you hear is his balls dropping, ...... from Whore Jinx's pants. hahahhahaha

Dr Chee also highlighted that he had "ample opportunity" to launch "a very potent attack" on Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong over his sister, Dr Lee Wei Ling's recent statements, but refrained from doing so as he did not believe in making personal attacks.

She had alleged that Mr Lee had abused his power for his own political ends, by going overboard with commemorations for their father's death anniversary.

The issue of character came into focus after Mr Lee said on Saturday that Dr Chee's character had not changed.

He pointed to how the opposition leader had been "completely hypocritical" at a rally last Friday, saying he would not kick a person who is down but yet allowed SDP members to do just that.

Mr Lee, who is PAP secretary-general, also said character goes to the heart of a candidate's fitness for public office. "Is he honest? Does he have integrity? Is he loyal? Is he committed to serve the people? What are his basic motivations? These come first, before we even talk about how able he is, what experience he brings, or what policies he proposes," he had said.

Mr Tambyah, responding on Saturday, had said "a person is not defined by his or her own actions or words".

On Sunday, Mr Heng said in a Facebook post: "This means a person can lie, cheat or betray someone with impunity."

"Prof Tambyah and his colleagues believe character doesn't matter, a person's words are irrelevant, and we should ignore their actions. They believe they should be allowed to do or say anything and not be held responsible for their actions or words," said Mr Heng, who is a member of the PAP central executive committee and alternate chairman of the PAP headquarters' executive committee.

"How are voters to believe what such politicians say or hold them accountable for their actions if they were running a town council?" he asked.

Responding on Sunday night after eight speakers at his party's rally had vouched for his character, Dr Chee charged that PAP leaders had sunk to a "new low" by questioning his character.

He said he would not engage in personal attacks, and had never brought up what Mr Lee's sister had said until last night.

"I had ample opportunity to attack him on this but I did not. And it would have been a very potent attack because this is not your political opponent saying it. It is your own flesh and blood making these statements about you," he said. "I refrain from using Dr Lee Wei Ling's dispute with her brother because that's not the kind of politics that I want to engage in."

He added if the tables were turned, PAP and the news outlets would have gone to town with the news.

Dr Tambyah, who spoke before Dr Chee, said: "We could have used Dr Lee's published allegations to expose the hypocrisy of the Prime Minister's statements on character but we will not."

On Mr Heng's comments, he said "a person is not solely defined by his or her actions and words although they often do reflect his or her values".

He also referred to Mr Lee's remarks on Saturday that anyone standing for public office should be prepared to have his past actions examined transparently and honestly.

Mr Lee had said that this is so "voters can make informed, responsible decisions as to who is fit and best qualified to represent them".

Dr Tambyah said on Sunday that he welcomed the opportunity to examine "all the assets of the PAP ministers and MPs".

"Of course with the current leak of the Panama Papers and other related documents, the Prime Minister may get his wish sooner than he expected," he said referring to the recent leak of 11.5 million documents of the Panamanian law firm Mossack that exposed shady offshore financial dealings.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes please declare personal assets before and after taking public office. No reason not to do that. I will gladly declare everything and give up my privacy if I am going to earn $5m or $10m from my five year term of office.

Last edited:

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee remark about Lee Wei Ling show that Chee has not changed an iota with a snake tongue who can't be trusted. No one will bring up about Lee Wei Ling till Chee bought it up.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chee remark about Lee Wei Ling show that Chee has not changed an iota with a snake tongue who can't be trusted. No one will bring up about Lee Wei Ling till Chee bought it up.

What is wrong with bringing up LWL said?

She has an insiders view & if any "lesser mortal" had dared to say what she said, he/she would probably have been "fixed".

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

She has an insiders view & if any "lesser mortal" had dared to say what she said, he/she would probably have been "fixed".

Precisely!! Who knows Gay Loong better then his own sister? If the sister ownself say he is "dishonourable", who are we to dispute this? We have to question him why his own sister say he is such a person.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

i brought up before him... please do not credit him for smthg he did not do. that's plagarising.

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal

The problem is the way Chee said it. He said that he could have attacked LHL using LWL but he didn't in order to paint himself in a noble light. This is deliberate manipulation on his part. There was absolutely no need to bring up LWL at all.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is the way Chee said it. He said that he could have attacked LHL using LWL but he didn't in order to paint himself in a noble light. This is deliberate manipulation on his part. There was absolutely no need to bring up LWL at all.

of cos he has to state the fact. if he did not, then leave a open spot for everyone to guess when he will attack. by stating so, it should desist any further attack from FAP if they want to show the world they are a responsible party that keep to their promise then one that keep breaking their promise. btw, when they restoring the cpf. this is a promise not kept.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well I am not sure how nice it is to do so. But didn't the PAP bring up Chiam See Tong's comments on Dr. Chee ? I would say the the PAP started it.

jw5

Loyal
Well I am not sure how nice it is to do so. But didn't the PAP bring up Chiam See Tong's comments on Dr. Chee ? I would say the the PAP started it.

Well, Chee didn't say anything about LWL's comments. But Pinky certainly had a lot to say, which perhaps reflects on his own character. :wink:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

70% of the population think that it's acceptable for PAP to insult and abuse the opposition candidates, smear their characters, infringe their privacy (by obtaining their GCE 'O' level results and sharing them with the public) etc.

However, when it's the opposition turn to hit back, 70% of the population quickly adopt a different standard. They expect opposition candidates to behave gentlemanly, must refrain from adopting the very same tactics used by PAP to hurt them. It's like a rape victim being forced to give a bj, the victim is presented with the chance to bite hard but the 70% still expect the victim to polish the balls of the rapist with her tongue and be mindful not to accidentally scratch his knob in the process.

I can only say 70% of the population exact a higher moral standard from the vanquished but are astonishingly lenient to the victor.

Last edited:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Tambyah said on Sunday that he welcomed the opportunity to examine "all the assets of the PAP ministers and MPs".

"Of course with the current leak of the Panama Papers and other related documents, the Prime Minister may get his wish sooner than he expected," he said referring to the recent leak of 11.5 million documents of the Panamanian law firm Mossack that exposed shady offshore financial dealings.

Hoping and wishing that the Panama Papers will lead to PM's financial position is ludicrous - we are starting to see the nonsensical side of Tambyah and he is simplying doing a disservice to Chee's cause.

Anyway, Chee's win may be good for Singapore - for non-obvious reasons.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes please declare personal assets before and after taking public office. No reason not to do that. I will gladly declare everything and give up my privacy if I am going to earn $5m or $10m from my five year term of office.

You will be shocked if LHL declared his properties in Switzerland, couple of European countries, China, Canada, UK...etc. GIC and Temasek are their ATM machines at their disposal. Otherwise, how do we explain billion of dollars went "missing" in these two establishements?

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hoping and wishing that the Panama Papers will lead to PM's financial position is ludicrous - we are starting to see the nonsensical side of Tambyah and he is simplying doing a disservice to Chee's cause.

Anyway, Chee's win may be good for Singapore - for non-obvious reasons.

Not necessarily the PM. How about all those bankers, lawyers and businessmen in the party ?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It does not matter who started this. The one who has the historical baggage is Chee. Look at today's papers - it all about character both for Chee and the PAP. The PM also issue a press release in response to what Paul Thambyah said.

Chee gave a fantastics speech yesterday on a number of great issues, such as workers, scholarships for foreigners, our children discouraged from going to the University and what he can do in Parliament. All that got buried by the character issue in the media. Look at Wanbao did about correcting the headlines. I can see Paul Thambyah is too straight and narrow and politics is not his cup of tea. He should have just stuck to the policies. He was the important cleanskin and now he got dragged into the mudslinging.

The character battle is something that Chee will never win.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It does not matter who started this. The one who has the historical baggage is Chee. Look at today's papers - it all about character both for Chee and the PAP. The PM also issue a press release in response to what Paul Thambyah said.

Chee gave a fantastics speech yesterday on a number of great issues, such as workers, scholarships for foreigners, our children discouraged from going to the University and what he can do in Parliament. All that got buried by the character issue in the media. Look at Wanbao did about correcting the headlines. I can see Paul Thambyah is too straight and narrow and politics is not his cup of tea. He should have just stuck to the policies. He was the important cleanskin and now he got dragged into the mudslinging.

The character battle is something that Chee will never win.

A nice person does not talk (or write!) out of both sides of his mouth.

Are you a foe or a friend of the SDP huh?

Either you are for the SDP, or you are against the SDP. Either you are for the PAP or you are against the PAP, tio bo?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
A nice person does not talk (or write!) out of both sides of his mouth.

Are you a foe or a friend of the SDP huh?

Either you are for the SDP, or you are against the SDP. Either you are for the PAP or you are against the PAP, tio bo?

Scroo is a PAP mole lah. He will whack PAP every other day of the year to gain to gain credibility among anti PAP supporters. But when elections come, he is whacking oppo.