• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Independent Claimed that Chan Chun Sing is a liar and cheat in Parliament

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh... In that case, why wasn't Chiam allowed to use the RC facilities to conduct his MPS sessions when he was the elected MP? Is he not serving the residents of Potong Pasir?

Very simple too. You saw photo of Loong queueing up for chix wings right? So humble. :o Same thing! MPs must also queue up for things too, like RC facilities and estate upgrading. If sinkies are foolish to vote the opposition, they should not cry when they find their lazy MPs at the back of every queue. PAP MPs are just more reliable, don't you think? :wink:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Right before GE, CCS attended an event organized by the grassroots in tangln halt and insisted ( through the grassroots leader and then his personal secretary)the tv crew went up to one unit above to film him attending to an frail elderly even though the tv crew wasn't send there to film him doing such thing. After the shooting ended CCS left the place immediately.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tells you what a sly and devious prick he is.

Right before GE, CCS attended an event organized by the grassroots in tangln halt and insisted ( through the grassroots leader and then his personal secretary)the tv crew went up to one unit above to film him attending to an frail elderly even though the tv crew wasn't send there to film him doing such thing. After the shooting ended CCS left the place immediately.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

At least he still go wayang for camera shots.

I do not even see anyone from PAP walking the rounds. Closest I encountered 'them' was a lorry with a loud speaker on top shouting 'vote for me!'

Heck, I could not find the loudspeaker logo in the voting slip!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The guy is a bold faced liar. This is his statement in parliament in responses to challanges by Sylvia Lim.

"I will be the last person to ever allow the PA to be politicised,” 'Mr Chan reassured.'

Even old man when asked why JBJ has not been made an Advisor to grassroots organisations like all other elected MPs said that he wanted someone who his government can rely on to advance its agenda and cause. In essence he acknowledged that by ignoring the elected MP who happens to be an opposition member and by putting an unelected PAP party member working with PA the policisation was what he had wanted.

I cannot recall any other government minister denying the link between party and PA because they did not want to lie but were prepared to be evasive. ( Ptader can help verify) When NTUC began removing union officials who contested seats as opposition candidate, they too were removed and old man then annouced the 'symbiotic relationship" between PAP and NTUC. We even had one of our prolific SBF members resigned from his union post in disgust.

It should also be noted that during the same session, it was revealed that MND officials failed or refused to reply to letters sent by an elected member of parliament. Why even bother to pay salaries to opposition MPs, if they are wasting their time in dealing with ministeries who refused to cooperate.

Thanks scrooballs for mentioning that ptader can help verify it's not as good as the links to outside sources that wiki articles will give but it's a start. Which prolific sbf member?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

haha by now this type of behavior should be standard amongst pappies.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always felt that both Chiam and WP can do a book on PA on this abuse. It should show the letters sent, the rejections and photos of facilities and events We get bits and pieces and but so far nothing coherent to grab the attention of the public or the World. The other thing is that it is worth a constitutional challange if we can get a couple legal eagles working at it. I have no doubt that we have a CJ that will get this right. Even it does not go the way intended, the airing of this abuse should be motivation enough.

Oh... In that case, why wasn't Chiam allowed to use the RC facilities to conduct his MPS sessions when he was the elected MP? Is he not serving the residents of Potong Pasir?

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
My insider updated me recently that we should not rule out Ong Ye Kung as PM. Inside the PAP and MOE, he is taken very seriously. Let's wait for his next appointment. If Defence or Finance, I think HSK will have a formidable opponent. CCS has been CFF - concluded for filing.

HSK has never held the defence portfolio. His portfolios included the all-important education and finance. Age is against him. But he is regarded as an expert in finance like Richard Hu, Tharman.

CCS has held a portfolio in defence and army background. Plus he has been given a portfolio to have some experience with grassroots. Only thing missing is education and finance portfolios.

OYK on the other hand, has been entrusted with education right from the beginning. Where he goes from there will give you a clue. To be an ex-PPS to PM is regarded as something to have confidence of LHL.

You have the others in the next generation to watch for:
Lawrence Wong
Tan Chuan Jin
Grace Fu
Ng Chee Meng
Koh Poh Koon
Desmond Lee

The mantle has not been settled I guess. It is likely HSK for 2 terms followed by CCS as of now.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The grassroots support CCS. He's a former president scholar and a major-general to boot. Only Ng Chee Meng has more prestigious credentials.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those chaps in PA seems to be very sensitive to such talks. When someone I know went to PA for a meeting and casually suggested PA= PAP those people looked shocked and immediately issue clarification.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Even it does not go the way intended, the airing of this abuse should be motivation enough.

Good to note only P.A comes under the People's Association Act, the RCs & CCCs aren't really governed by any laws. Or are these entities under P.A's jurisdiction?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At least he still go wayang for camera shots.
I do not even see anyone from PAP walking the rounds. Closest I encountered 'them' was a lorry with a loud speaker on top shouting 'vote for me!'
Heck, I could not find the loudspeaker logo in the voting slip!
who can forget that video of him cavorting with some aunties (in cantonese) at an election rally with the "sek-tor-tee / korm-yok-sheen" episode whilst they were eating and looking shocked when told that they were from tp constituency, as if he didn't know....when the rc dog of his led him to that section. bestest wayang!
and which (people's assn) paid for their packet meals and transport is anybody's guess :confused: :biggrin:

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
HSK has never held the defence portfolio. His portfolios included the all-important education and finance. Age is against him. But he is regarded as an expert in finance like Richard Hu, Tharman.

CCS has held a portfolio in defence and army background. Plus he has been given a portfolio to have some experience with grassroots. Only thing missing is education and finance portfolios.

OYK on the other hand, has been entrusted with education right from the beginning. Where he goes from there will give you a clue. To be an ex-PPS to PM is regarded as something to have confidence of LHL.

Lawrence Wong
Tan Chuan Jin
Grace Fu
Ng Chee Meng
Koh Poh Koon
Desmond Lee

The mantle has not been settled I guess. It is likely HSK for 2 terms followed by CCS as of now.
hahaha....the PM (designate) is Ng EH....
this was announced by our resident TPX years ago...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I beg to differ, that's why my votes went to the opposition since the late Mr Francis Seow spoke at Bedok Reservoir during GE88

bedok reservoir is reserved for the "bros" (bedok reservoir orgy of suiciders), not exactly a good venue for political aspirations. death spiral is what "bros" is all about. :o

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lawrence Wong
Tan Chuan Jin
Grace Fu
Ng Chee Meng
Koh Poh Koon
Desmond Lee

was referring to oyk's next posting. if defence or finance, he shld be in the running. wasnt referring to hsk.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lawrence Wong
Tan Chuan Jin
Grace Fu
Ng Chee Meng
Koh Poh Koon
Desmond Lee

As a sinkie, this list caused me deep hopelessness and despair. Our country is doomed if this lot or even one of them rule the country.