• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Froggy, this wantan mee stall nice or not?

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;TFBzkRSpGJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFBzkRSpGJw[/video]

.... and fuck you too :oIo:

Raider

Froggy, this beef kway teow stall nice or not?

[video=youtube;gDav1b9uttY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDav1b9uttY [/video]

.... and Fuck you too :oIo:

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak, pontian wantan mee from jiuhu very up to standard. The one at old airport also not bad.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Original wanton noodle is soup based only
Dry versions maybe tossed in light soy or garlic / shallot oil.
And authentic wanton mee got no charsiew.

Sg and jiuhu versions got ketchup in the sauce even....others use charsiew sauce, oyster sauce and even xo sauce thinking got some Cantonese connection.
This one even got sambal chilli....all bastardized versions hardly can call wanton noodle.
Fei Fei one is closest to original tossed like aglio olio but then their handmade noodles is nothing like real stringy wanton mee.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamak, pontian wantan mee from jiuhu very up to standard. The one at old airport also not bad.

yes when i first tasted pontian wanton mee, it was definitely wanton to the taste buds. much better than sinkie original, hongkie, and sf versions. jiu hu kia really know their wanton wonton. :p

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sg and jiuhu versions got ketchup in the sauce even....others use charsiew sauce, oyster sauce and even xo sauce thinking got some Cantonese connection.
This one even got sambal chilli....all bastardized versions hardly can call wanton noodle.
Fei Fei one is closest to original tossed like aglio olio but then their handmade noodles is nothing like real stringy wanton mee.

when i was growing up i had no love for authentic sinkie wonton noodles. after trying pontian wanton wonton i fall in love. must be something about the stringy noodles, sauce and small lean wontons. the charsiew slices are ok, but do not define the dish.

Raider

wonton mee by ex crystal jade chief chef now very old man still selling at 6 ave kopitiam. $3.50 for the same crystal jade wonton mee. lol:biggrin:

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal

U got queue for fei fei.

Btw ketchup is only in Singapore.
Jiu hu used black sauce n chilli

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just saw this thread, rough night and blur, yes this one at Tanglin Halt my favourite

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U got queue for fei fei.

Btw ketchup is only in Singapore.
Jiu hu used black sauce n chilli

I'm VIP no need to queue. I've been eating since the grandfather time.
Their standards fluctuate a lot. The branch near NUS sucks very bad no QC.
Not long ago when the brother opened rival branch nearby both standards cmi maybe due to family squabble not focus on business. Now the brother shop kena absorbed so things back to normal.
My DJ pal Tim Oh is a regular queuer there.

Local wanton noodles the best among the famous ones I like is Eng kee , branch along katong.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm VIP no need to queue. I've been eating since the grandfather time.
Their standards fluctuate a lot. The branch near NUS sucks very bad no QC.
Not long ago when the brother opened rival branch nearby both standards cmi maybe due to family squabble not focus on business. Now the brother shop kena absorbed so things back to normal.
My DJ pal Tim Oh is a regular queuer there.

Local wanton noodles the best among the famous ones I like is Eng kee , branch along katong.

Wah... ai seh...
U really pak si beh toh.
U got vip member card. More wantans or more soup.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
when i was growing up i had no love for authentic sinkie wonton noodles. after trying pontian wanton wonton i fall in love. must be something about the stringy noodles, sauce and small lean wontons. the charsiew slices are ok, but do not define the dish.

I eat wonton noodle is kong song one...

no meat and use sesame oil with green vegetables in it.. perfect