• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The take of the Balestier Bah Kut Teh Gang on the BB BE

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Inspired by recent events, six of us convened at Balestier, fresh from an assault on the lorongs of geylang…my head was still spinning from an aerial assault by a whirling helicopter.

The soup was excellent as usual and the debate was spirited.

We ended the night in unanimous agreement that the best strategy the opposition parties could have taken was to not field any candidates at for the BE and let the ruling party take it as a walkover. While some might see this as rolling over, it would send a pretty harsh and clear message.

Reason #1: It's a tainted event to begin with….competing for the chair of an (alleged) adulterer.

Reason #2: The best way to express disgust with the current management of that area.

Reason #3: A nice up yours to the 70% who need their eyes opened.

Reason #4: Winning it won't achieve sweet f'all in the larger scheme of things.

Reason #5: You may not win this way but you defeat the other party based on moral standing.

Feel free to add your views to this rather radical view on things.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Radical approach but flawed. Please, no walkover during a BE. In the next GE, maybe walkovers in some constituencies. The pap needs to know that if and when they fucked up (and can't cover up), someone else will come and replace them.

Also, moral standing can take a back seat, this is politics. The pap themselves are not exactly stewards of high morals. They will fight with all means to ensure victory (PMO controls Election Dept, GRC gerrymandering, etc). Despite all the pap bs, if CSJ wins, it will be a GREAT day for Singapore.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're fighting against centuries of human conditioning.

During troubled times, continuity is preferred to change.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree on going for the Bah Kut Teh but not on the walkover. Any contest to take on the PAP is an opportunity to show their short comings and demand for accountability. It also shines a torch on the individual characters of the PAP. Teo Chee Hean showed his colours by revealing that they had access to WP confidential party documents and details which even some the CEC were not aware when Png Eng Huat successfully defeated their candidate. Low Thia Kiang tore strips off him in the press conference and he lost a lot brownie points.

Even if Chee did not wish to contest there will be others such as GMS and Ben Pwee who were prepared. It is good training even if the odds are stacked against you. I remember watching this ex teacher called Chiam and his VW at Cairnhill. Like many i too laughed at David taking on Goliath. In the end Chiam turned out to the most successful and much loved opposition MP.

I am told that when Chiam kicks the bucket it will be one hell of a funeral with people coming from all parts of the country.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree on going for the Bah Kut Teh but not on the walkover. Any contest to take on the PAP is an opportunity to show their short comings and demand for accountability. It also shines a torch on the individual characters of the PAP. Teo Chee Hean showed his colours by revealing that they had access to WP confidential party documents and details which even some the CEC were not aware when Png Eng Huat successfully defeated their candidate. Low Thia Kiang tore strips off him in the press conference and he lost a lot brownie points.

Even if Chee did not wish to contest there will be others such as GMS and Ben Pwee who were prepared. It is good training even if the odds are stacked against you. I remember watching this ex teacher called Chiam and his VW at Cairnhill. Like many i too laughed at David taking on Goliath. In the end Chiam turned out to the most successful and much loved opposition MP.

I am told that when Chiam kicks the bucket it will be one hell of a funeral with people coming from all parts of the country.

Yes. He was up against Lim Kim San and managed a decent score in the mid-70s.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
The challenger wont win anyway...this is a chance to save face and career...and inflict some hurt.

Just a simple statement saying that we noted that bukit buttocks gave 70% + mandate to a candidate, who repaid the trust by engaging in acts of moral turpitude and god knows what else...maybe management needs to vet their own ppl before pointing fingers at others....we respect the wishes of 70% and will not stand in their way...let them be governed by the people they chose.

Might earn the Chee a bit more respect from the dumb fuck masses.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah! Clones talking amongst themselves about BE like it's some grandiose affair.

Wake up lah! The war is over. PAP won unconditionally.