• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Breaking] Dr Mahathir quits UMNO

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysia's ex-PM Mahathir quits UMNO

Former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad has quit the ruling party UMNO.

• Posted 29 Feb 2016 16:52
  • Updated 29 Feb 2016 17:14

KUALA LUMPUR: Former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad has quit the ruling United Malays National Organisation (UMNO) party.

"I won't call it UMNO anymore, this is Najib's party.
I feel embarrassed that I am associated with a party that is seen as supporting corruption - it had caused me to feel ashamed," he told reporters as he announced his exit at a news conference.

But the ex-PM added that he would not set up a new party or join any other party.

Mahathir, Malaysia's longest-serving leader, remains a highly respected and influential figure and has become the fiercest critic of PM Najib, who is facing pressure over a graft scandal surrounding state fund 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB).

- CNA/Reuters/xq/yt