• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Way to Beat the Causeway Jam

SuperMagpies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce you to this app I developed to help drivers travelling to and from JB and SG.

Beat the Jam! - http://causewayjam.com (Best viewed on the mobile phone)

The main purpose of the app is to provide a clear picture of the traffic conditions at the Causeway and 2nd Link by displaying duration in traffic data from Google Maps and traffic cams. The app allows you to quickly refresh the page to view the latest traffic data and cams, so you wouldn't need to constantly check Google Maps and One Motoring.

Another unique feature of the app is the JamBeater, a 3 hour traffic forecast tool. It displays the traffic trend from 7 days ago, 3 hours before and 3 hours after the current time. Compare it with today's traffic trend over the last 3 hours to predict how traffic will play out in the next 3 hours.

I hope you will find it useful in planning your trips into JB and SG, especially during this festive period.

Happy New Year and Gong Xi Fa Cai!

screen1.jpg screen3.jpg screen2.jpg

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gong Xi fa cai to all. I came across this website which complements supermagpies. The web addr is www.jalanow.com

You can access jb n kl as well. Am not too sure if this webpg has been mentioned bef. I hope it could be of use.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce you to this app I developed to help drivers travelling to and from JB and SG.

Beat the Jam! - http://causewayjam.com (Best viewed on the mobile phone)

The main purpose of the app is to provide a clear picture of the traffic conditions at the Causeway and 2nd Link by displaying duration in traffic data from Google Maps and traffic cams. The app allows you to quickly refresh the page to view the latest traffic data and cams, so you wouldn't need to constantly check Google Maps and One Motoring.

Another unique feature of the app is the JamBeater, a 3 hour traffic forecast tool. It displays the traffic trend from 7 days ago, 3 hours before and 3 hours after the current time. Compare it with today's traffic trend over the last 3 hours to predict how traffic will play out in the next 3 hours.

I hope you will find it useful in planning your trips into JB and SG, especially during this festive period.

Happy New Year and Gong Xi Fa Cai!

View attachment 25525 View attachment 25526 View attachment 25527

Don't mind me asking....looks very cool...may I know how long has this been tested and how well did it perform?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't mind me asking....looks very cool...may I know how long has this been tested and how well did it perform?

Tested it yesterday....did not seem to tally with real world conditions. From JB to SG it stated less than 30min but jam reaching JB customs already easily 2 hours at least....so jammed until causeway bridge very clear and ICA or Aetos officers probably free to play phone games or chit chat. LOL!

SuperMagpies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry for the late reply, just came back from vacation :o

It's true that the time in jam numbers sometimes do not tally with real world conditions, especially during CNY. This is because we display whatever Google Maps show us, and they grossly underestimated the duration in traffic during CNY. It has got to do with their crowd-sourcing model where they take data from users in the jam who use google maps, but the larger the traffic volume, the lower the percentage of users sending data to google maps. The good news is the more data we collect, the more accurate the figures will become. The hope is that will all the information within 1 app, ie. Google Maps data, traffic cams and 3 hour forecast, the user can make an informed decision whether to cross the border.

In the meantime, we are continuing to improve the app and building new features so do continue to support us!

SuperMagpies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys,

Just want to give a quick update on the app. Version 2.0 is now LIVE! Some notable improvements:

1. Updated user interface design with a fresh blue theme
2. New feature: Symbol above the last car on each route indicates whether traffic is increasing, decreasing or constant.
3. New feature: Added the 3 Hour Forecast graph for the Entire Journey. Swipe left to view the graph for each stage of the journey.
4. Changed 3 Hour Forecast graph plugin for Google Charts to Flot for better performance and reliability.
5. New feature: Added a 'Share Data' button on Home page. You may now share the current traffic data for all 4 routes via Twitter.
6. New feature: Top left hand Menu - Access our tutorial, FAQ, survey, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages here.

If you are not able to view the page correctly, try clearing your browser cache.

Cheers!

SuperMagpies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Update!

We have launched our iOS and Android app! You may download it from the App Store and Play Store using these links:

App Store (iOS): http://apple.co/2l2Nm2J

Play Store (Android): http://bit.Iy/2kGXL7R

We look forward to your continued support. Please share this with your family and friends so they too can Beat the Jam!