• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I Propose a 90% Income Tax On the $20mil Obscene Salary.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't kenna fuck also must kenna fuck.

Garment is telling everyone there is BIG money to be made. Just lick and carry their balls and suck their cocks. Real Obscene and really SHAMELESS.

Time to review executive rewards for CEOs and political leaders in government-owned companies

March 26, 2009 by admin
Filed under Daily Musings

Leave a comment

By Eugene Yeo

In a letter to the Straits Times Forum today, Mr Liew Kai Khiun expressed his outrage at the bonus of $20 million paid to CapitaLand chief executive officer (CEO) Liew Mun Leong . (read letter here)

Mr Liew wrote that “such remuneration concentrated on certain individuals would widen income disparities and demoralise the public by creating a winner-takes-all climate”.

While I do not begrudge CEOs of major corporate companies their due entitlement to a hefy bonus as a reward for their performance, questions must be raised about the salaries and bonuses of government leaders who are holding positions in government-linked companies.

There should be a clear line drawn between the ruling and business classes. The government should not be involved in the corporate sector in the first place.

Since the government is now deeply entrenched in all sectors of Singapore’s economy, it should adopt certain basic standards of corporate governance such as releasing the salaries and bonuses of its top honchos.

To be fair to Mr Liew, he is brave enough to put himself under public scrutiny by declaring the bonuses he received last year.

Capitaland is owned by Temasek Holdings. If Mr Liew received $20 million dollars of bonuses, what about his superior, Madam Ho Ching, the CEO of Temasek?

What is the Madam Ho’s annual salary and will she receive any severance package after leaving Temasek in October this year? Does she deserve any bonuses last year at all for the dismal performance of Temasek?

Her father-in-law Mr Lee Kuan Yew is already receiving an estimated sum of S$3 million dollars a year as the Minister Mentor of Singapore on top of the annual pension he is entitled to receive (if I am not wrong, it is about two-thirds of his annual pay). Is he being paid for as Chairman of GIC and how much were his bonuses, if they are any last year?

Regardless of whether Temasek and GIC are independent corporate entities owned by the Ministry of Finance or the government’s investment vehicles to manage the country’s reserves, either way, they are expected to be accountable to the public.

In major corporate firms, the shareholders decide on the amount of bonuses to be paid to its Chairman. Who determines the bonuses of the GIC Chairman?

Where does GIC and Temasek obtain their funding from? Do they come from the pockets of the Lee family or from every tax-paying citizen of Singapore? Why are Singaporeans being kept in the dark about the salaries and bonuses of its top honchos when we are in fact their paymasters?

I agree with Mr Liew that significant additional taxes should be imposed on individual bonuses of high earners to give the public a greater sense of fairness and decency.

For a start, I propose the government reveal the following information of public interest which is long overdue:

1. The salaries and bonuses of all the staff of GIC and Temasek Holdings.

2. The identities of PAP ministers and MPs who are holding directorships in government-linked companies and their renumeration packages.

3. The assets of all PAP ministers and MPs, including shares owned in government-linked companies and properties.

If the government of Singapore is indeed as incorruptible, transparent and accountable as it often claims, then its leaders should not be afraid to reveal their salaries and bonuses which after all comes from Singapore taxpayers.

How can you expect us to pay for something and yet not tell us how much we are paying for? Are Singaporeans getting a good deal from the government?

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
advertising the $20mil bonus to gear up their own bonuses,,,, if not at this time, you think 154th shitty times want to expose LKY's blue eyed boy in the paper like that meh,,,,,

the Prata-man, Old Fart, Wooden and Pinkie 2007 bonus will be reviewed and back-dated in Sept 09 when Tarmac says the economy has btmed out and Singapore is on recovery

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont think 20mil is a lot, considering he lead the company to make a profit of 2bil. it is a visable result. it can justify his bonu and pay. cant say that about others....u know who THEY are :mad:

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont think 20mil is a lot, considering he lead the company to make a profit of 2bil. it is a visable result. it can justify his bonu and pay. cant say that about others....u know who THEY are :mad:

part of the profits comes from the people.

they are the one pushing up the rentals, directly pushing up the business running cost. So pricing of products keep increasing, and all these are at the expenses of the people.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, this one really blew my socks and hat off. I thought only those in Wall Street enjoy this kind of bonus. Never realised it is happening right at home.
A quick check on the CapitaLand website shows that Temasek owns almost 40% of the equity. I dread to imagine what kind of bonuses were being dished out to Temasek's CEO each year. I have already lost my socks and hat! Just be transparent and tell us.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
advertising the $20mil bonus to gear up their own bonuses,,,, if not at this time, you think 154th shitty times want to expose LKY's blue eyed boy in the paper like that meh,,,,,

the Prata-man, Old Fart, Wooden and Pinkie 2007 bonus will be reviewed and back-dated in Sept 09 when Tarmac says the economy has btmed out and Singapore is on recovery

You are right, the real story is not this guy, who is now exposed and risk being spit at on the street.

It's how the garment will spin that 3M pay for a PM is really way too low.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

[COLOR="_______"]
My dearest STUPID friend. If really make $2b and sustainable, they do RIGHTS issue?

You really stoopid you know.

Do you know how much they need for working capital per year?
[/COLOR]