• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[True Love] Old man has been taking care of paralyzed wife for past 56 years

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Devoted Shandong husband has cared for his paralyzed wife for the past 56 years

husbandwife-1.jpg

The story of one 84-year-old man from Linyi city in Shandong province, who has patiently waited on his paralyzed wife for the last 56 years, has melted hearts all over the Chinese web.

husbandwife-2.jpg

Du Yuanfa and his wife Zhou Yuai tied the knot in November, 1958.

While working at a coal mine in Tai'an city, Du received a letter from his family one day that said his wife was sick in bed. He immediately asked for leave and rushed back to his hometown to see her.

His wife was very sick and soon became paralyzed. This all happened just five months after marriage,according to Du.

"Her back was too rigid to move around and her hands too stiff to grasp anything," Du remembers. "Also, she needed to be fed and taken to use the bathroom."

husbandwife-3.jpg

Du put his sick wife into a wheelbarrow and pushed her around to several different hospitals in the area for an accurate diagnosis. At each clinic, doctors told him that she would be confined to her bed for the rest of her life and unable to have children.

While many of his friends and family tried to persuade him to divorce her, Du told his wife that he would always be there to take care of her, he even quit his job in Tai'an so that he wouldn't have to leave her alone.

husbandwife-4.jpg

Some doctors told Du that Chinese herbal medicine would cure his wife's serious illness. He often climbs up to the hills and picks herbs. Du then feeds the medicine to his wife, after first tasting it himself to make sure that it's not poisonous.

During the summer, Du helps to wash his wife every day to keep her cool. In the winter, he carries her out to get some sunshine and fresh air. He's been doing all this for the last 56 years.

husbandwife-5.jpg

Du's unconditional love for his wife has tugged on the heartstrings of many local residents, who often come over to lend a hand in buying medicine or groceries for the family. The local government also helps the couple out, making sure that they don't have to worry about food or clothing.

husbandwife-6.jpg

Thousands of web users took to online forums to express their respect for the elderly husband.

A Beijing netizen @水镜门生 wrote, "I'm deeply touched and at a loss for words. I am moved by this man's morality, responsibility and his love for his wife."
"I'm really moved! I wish them happiness," remarked @夏天吹过的清風

User @Mekua commented, "I give him a big thumbs up. That's the power of love."

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
This indeed is True Love. It must take a lot of strength, courage and perserverence for him to devote himself and take care of his wife all these years. It is this drive and faith that makes us see the good side of the human being. If any of us are faced with any hardship and/or misfortune, think of this man and how we may emulate him.

Cheers!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This proves that the Chinese are the best when it comes to true love.

ChineseDog

Alfrescian
Loyal
This proves that the Chinese are the best when it comes to true love.

seems like you will not be accepted into my chinese dog club.

Indeed. Chinks are the ... wait... what? :confused:

Good job my fellow chinese dog. I read that with shock and disbelief too because us chinks are the most heartless and cold blooded of all. There is no such thing as true love from us chinks.