• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does the government help with people who cannot afford cancer treatment?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yesterday, during lunch time, i was outside Raffles place mrt. i saw an uncle probably in his 50's to 60's looking for donations. beside him, there was a placard which he wrote that he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and could not afford the chemo treatment. he is seeking holistic treatment instead. also, on the placard was a photo of him and his children age 9 and 10. i was smoking at a slight distance away from him and after my smoke, i decided to donate 2 dollar, not much but i hope it help in a way.

my question is in such a case, why the government never bother to help him? that means if the patient cannot afford treatment, he will be left to die on his own? can any bros and sis please advise? thanks.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Societies like ours have no fat to spare. They are either lean and healthy or they die."

Lee Kuan Yew

" See "The Rugged Society", TIME, 21 August 1967. .

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Societies like ours have no fat to spare. They are either lean and healthy or they die."

Lee Kuan Yew

" See "The Rugged Society", TIME, 21 August 1967. .

The Gahman need to save every cent so as to pay Top dollar for our Talented Ministars. To our gahman the old is not worth saving.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stage 4 cancer is incurable. All cancer is incurable. Its better for him n his love ones to accept tat fact n move on. Any form of treatment is a waste of money n prolong the suffering. Any gahmen help is just throwing tax payers money into the ocean

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Stage 4 cancer is incurable. All cancer is incurable. Its better for him n his love ones to accept tat fact n move on. Any form of treatment is a waste of money n prolong the suffering. Any gahmen help is just throwing tax payers money into the ocean

Oh well, some people has less education about cancer..

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
yesterday, during lunch time, i was outside Raffles place mrt. i saw an uncle probably in his 50's to 60's looking for donations. beside him, there was a placard which he wrote that he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and could not afford the chemo treatment. he is seeking holistic treatment instead. also, on the placard was a photo of him and his children age 9 and 10. i was smoking at a slight distance away from him and after my smoke, i decided to donate 2 dollar, not much but i hope it help in a way.

my question is in such a case, why the government never bother to help him? that means if the patient cannot afford treatment, he will be left to die on his own? can any bros and sis please advise? thanks.

Did you ask him who he vote for during the election? If it's PAP, then tell him to die sooner.. We need less stupid people in the world.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only God can help!

Doctors cannot fix stage 4.

What is his name? We will pray for him tonight!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Treating stage 4 cancer is a waste of time and money.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi there

1. Kaft, good on you.
2. But how much can he go on?
3. The individual in question should see his mp mah

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

The govt does help him. They give him strong words of encouragement such as "You die your business". and "No money No talk". Also Govt is damn generous for not arresting him for begging.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i forgot to add that there is another piece of laminate on display from jurong hospital.