• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MRT Up-Escalator Etiquette

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
hope whoever is in charge of train operations will spend some time and money educating these idiots who just love to cut queue.

Desmond can get his ex-colleagues to deploy the NS man to do some crowd control, shoot those buggers who wouldn't listen to instructions too!

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It irks me a lot,

agree! ...

Just the other day, I was at the MRT escalator

did dat green ah neh charbor ...

Yes, she did. Everyone was staring at the young indian girl.

did u c her blush? ...

I didn't. But I would have raised my voice i

if u were coming from ze opposite n, ...

Yes, you can.

how can u b not considerate 2 others? ...

you like Claire, don't you? ... pow

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desmond can get his ex-colleagues to deploy the NS man to do some crowd control, shoot those buggers who wouldn't listen to instructions too!

Zhihau, I believe that is a serious need to put some MRT personnel at these crowded platform to scream instructions at these idiotic commuters.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zhihau, I believe that is a serious need to put some MRT personnel at these crowded platform to scream instructions at these idiotic commuters.

What an arse the one who does that should b shove down the track along with the one who suggested it

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's solving the symptoms but not the root cause of the problem which is the kind of people and the number. Once take in third world people en masse will only mean that all standards become third world. Queue cutting is one of them, lack of proper sterilisation standard in medical care is another. All third world problems will continue to manifest in one way or another until the current generation die and new generation with higher education standard takeover the current third world crop.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
what sympton... when you are 1st worlc cuntry with 3rd world pay, it is only fair that you end up with less desirable behavior. no 1st world pay no integrity you know. even the surgeon would look down on you.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
what sympton... when you are 1st worlc cuntry with 3rd world pay, it is only fair that you end up with less desirable behavior. no 1st world pay no integrity you know. even the surgeon would look down on you.

What fair when people are paying more than first world rate for medical fees? How much govt profiteering with third world pay for surgeon is not people's fault but mistake borne by people.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We are certainly not there yet in social graces even though our city is deemed a first world city.

Education and cultivation of social values are key to a more gracious society. However, the challenge is made daunting because you also have to inculcate the cultivation of the social graces to our immigrants. These immigrants brought with them their own social behaviors and values which can be very different from ours.

That 's the job for Minister Tan Chuan Jin and Ng Chee Meng. I would like to hear a framework on how the ministries can promote social graces in public and also inculcate core social values to all Singaporeans including "converted" immigrants.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

What ever happened to customer service standards? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Education and cultivation of social values are key to a more gracious society

When you have a bunch of obnoxious parents over protecting their children, spoilt brats you get. Mind you, these spoilt brats are already in their 20s and maybe early 30s. Spare the rod and the society had gone to the dogs. Want a fresh start? :p:p:p

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When you have a bunch of obnoxious parents over protecting their children, spoilt brats you get. Mind you, these spoilt brats are already in their 20s and maybe early 30s ...
u can find a fine collection of dem on display in n extravagant cabinet ... u wan dem 2 cultivate n educate social values? ...

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal
It irks me a lot, hence I am starting a thread on some of these idiotic commuters who uses MRT everyday. I wanted to use a diagram to explain, but some somehow, my clipart skills really sucks. Tried a couple of times and gave up.

This is the problem I see everyday at the MRT escalators. The train door opens, and everyone start to rush to the up-escalators. A queue is formed for the "non express lane" on the escalator.

But somehow, some idiot or idiots will always try their luck - by going to the front side of the escalators and try to squeeze themselves in. This is ridiculous. Why can't they walk a few steps more to the end of the queue and have some etiquette and consideration for others???

By squeezing in, it causes more delay for everyone.

I hope whoever is in charge of train operations will spend some time and money educating these idiots who just love to cut queue.

You earn a six-figure income. You don't have to mix with the hoi polloi.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls lor. You r talking to someone with lair in middle of name. Take it with a bottle of soy sauce

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what about up-escalator up-skirt etiquette? do you give way to a chick in very short skirt to go in front of you or do you jump ahead of her to avoid looking at her panties? it's a dilemma that keeps me awake at night. :confused: