• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MRT Up-Escalator Etiquette

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
how can u b not considerate 2 others wen u r not cutting q, blocking ppl or obstructing ze world from twurning? ...

It breeds a cutting queue mentality by standing there and encourages others to do the same.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For God's sake, this is commuter train, not long distance trains!

dont try to blame it on Singapore's geography,we cant help being a tiny red dot the size of a pimple on a chinaman's dick.

now this COE pricing system can be expanded as well,there should be a erp system when u are outside.people should pay for the timeslot they are allowed to go out and make use of the facilities and amenities of this island.like for example during 5pm to 9pm is primetime,if u want to go outside at this time u have to pay a surcharge of $2 for every human erp gantry.and trust me we are going to put up many human erp gantries all over the island.dont like it?stay the fuck home.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a culture, in some countries, people just move to the left automatically unlike here whether they are local or foreigner.
Sometimes during non peak, some idiots will still stand on the right side till someone come up behind....

That problem has more or less been solved through education. I recall during the initial mrt years, it was a problem.

The other issue is talking loudly on mobile phones on trains and carrying of backpacks. I am no racist, but you see a lot of these indians FTs refusing to put their laptop bags down in trains.

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It irks me a lot, hence I am starting a thread on some of these idiotic commuters who uses MRT everyday. I wanted to use a diagram to explain, but some somehow, my clipart skills really sucks. Tried a couple of times and gave up.

This is the problem I see everyday at the MRT escalators. The train door opens, and everyone start to rush to the up-escalators. A queue is formed for the "non express lane" on the escalator.

But somehow, some idiot or idiots will always try their luck - by going to the front side of the escalators and try to squeeze themselves in. This is ridiculous. Why can't they walk a few steps more to the end of the queue and have some etiquette and consideration for others???

By squeezing in, it causes more delay for everyone.

I hope whoever is in charge of train operations will spend some time and money educating these idiots who just love to cut queue.

They learn from horse racing and f1 racing. Squeeze in at the right time to be winner.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha. Silly sinkies love to queue up so much! Normal people want to go out, you want to go to the back of the queue? :rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
queue-jumping is an essential survival skill and way of life in 3rd world cuntries, especially with over-population.

image.jpg

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey TS, i thought you earned 200k per annum as described by you in the other thread?

WTF are you crammed like sardines in MRT when you can definitely afford to take taxis, or even drive to work?

atakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore had become such a pitiful state that such a thread need to be started. Very poor stock indeed. What happened to your first world swiss standard?

kapkia

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It irks me a lot, hence I am starting a thread on some of these idiotic commuters who uses MRT everyday. I wanted to use a diagram to explain, but some somehow, my clipart skills really sucks. Tried a couple of times and gave up.

This is the problem I see everyday at the MRT escalators. The train door opens, and everyone start to rush to the up-escalators. A queue is formed for the "non express lane" on the escalator.

But somehow, some idiot or idiots will always try their luck - by going to the front side of the escalators and try to squeeze themselves in. This is ridiculous. Why can't they walk a few steps more to the end of the queue and have some etiquette and consideration for others???

I hope whoever is in charge of train operations will spend some time and money educating these idiots who just love to cut queue.

limpeh was like you b4. so frustrating. Until limpeh got a kapkia.. life never be the same again.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1. When on the escalator, don't press too close
2. When on the escalator, don't stand in the middle. Stand on the right ( for Singapore and left for Japan )
3. When on the escalator, carry on backpack with your hand
4. When talking on the phone, don't use the escalator. finish it on the platform
5. When on the escalator, don't fart.
6. When on the escalator, don't dig your nose. And if you do, don't leave your gold on the railing.
7. When on the escalator and wearing short skirt, don't bend down.
8. And finally, when on the escalator, don't talk so loud about Sammyboy.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

2. When on the escalator, don't stand in the middle. Stand on the right ( for Singapore and left for Japan )

i found out to my chagrin that if one is riding the smrt escalator the local etiquette is to stand to the left. 2nd nature tells me to stand to the right, and that is local etiquette on the bart system.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

This is Sinkapore! Not happy, leave! :oIo:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey TS, i thought you earned 200k per annum as described by you in the other thread?

WTF are you crammed like sardines in MRT when you can definitely afford to take taxis, or even drive to work?

Why not? Why should I buy a car when I work in the CBD area and I have direct train links?

And further, I can always use my parents' car on weekends.

Hi there

1. Ts, go & hail a cab.
2. Sinkies' trains are not meant to be polite :biggrin:

Street, the commuters need serious education on how to behave when using the trains.