• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Does SIA want to buy ALL Tiger shares & want to delist?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Budget airlines = low profit margins = corresponding low P/E ratios, but when sentiment and hype generated by sponsors lead to unjustified high P/E ratios for IPO ....... smart money buys in expectation of selling to the credulous at higher prices not that the venture itself will become as wildly profitable as the high P/E ratio implies ....... yawn, there's nothing new under the sun ....... now, I want to go back to sleep ....... zzzzzzzzzz ........ and one more thing, I like this John Law rascal, one of my heroes .......

[video=youtube;P7ZEZR3PvZU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7ZEZR3PvZU[/video]

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
what about the debts of the state?does that belong to the citizen?i suppose when times are good and singapore GLCs rake in billions of profit,the state property does not belong to the citizens,but when times are bad and Greece or Pakistan chalk up hundreds of billions in debt,that is the responsibility of the citizens i suppose?privatize the profit and socialize the debt?

Of course the state debt belongs to citizens. Someone has to pay for it. The lowest common denominators must not feel that they can get something for nothing.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
No. That is not how state capitalism works. Temasek and its GLCs belong to the state. Taxpayers pay taxes to the state. You cannot say GLCs belong to you just because you pay taxes to the state.

I pay $10 for a bowl of good Bak Kut Teh, but does that mean I own the shophouse the uncle bought with his profits? Of course not. :cool:

Are you some kind of fucking retard? The uncle bought the shophouse, of course he owns it. Just because I eat his bak kut teh does not mean i have any ownership share in his shophouse. However, Temasek and SQ was started with taxpayers money. They are owned by the state which is the people of singapore. All GLCs are owned and controlled by the state. The percentage of any GLC not owned by the state is controlled by the state. These are all part of the national assets of singapore. as singaporeans we have 1/3,500,000 ownership in all the assets of the state.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
what about the debts of the state?does that belong to the citizen?i suppose when times are good and singapore GLCs rake in billions of profit,the state property does not belong to the citizens,but when times are bad and Greece or Pakistan chalk up hundreds of billions in debt,that is the responsibility of the citizens i suppose?privatize the profit and socialize the debt?

The debts of Greece belongs to the people. Just like the assets. the Greeks have never racked up billions in surplus, they have just incurred deficit after deficit. They lived well beyond their means, and their corrupted govt allowed rich individuals to evade taxes. In the end, I have no sympathy for them. They have a lot of assets, but they don't want to sell it. They have so many works of arts from their golden period sitting in their museums, many rich collectors will pay them billions of it. The fuckers just want to have their cake and eat it.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The debts of Greece belongs to the people. Just like the assets. the Greeks have never racked up billions in surplus, they have just incurred deficit after deficit. They lived well beyond their means, and their corrupted govt allowed rich individuals to evade taxes. In the end, I have no sympathy for them. They have a lot of assets, but they don't want to sell it. They have so many works of arts from their golden period sitting in their museums, many rich collectors will pay them billions of it. The fuckers just want to have their cake and eat it.

in that case u should be blaming the government,and the banks and the rich elite no?they are the ones who caused ur economic woes.millions of greeks are just poor people like you and i,trying to get by in life on 1 to 2k salary,trying to live their simple lives,what do they have to do with the fiscal policy?.if someone fucks up big time,why is it the citizens fault?at least the greeks have the balls to riot,to rise up and form anarchy against the government and the "powers" to be.which is more than i can say for sinkies.

sell ur assets,thats for fools and idiots,to sell ur assets is to sell yourself into slavery.its one thing to have debts,its another to have no assets to generate wealth to pay off ur assets.u will be forever poor like africa where all ur natural resources and copper mines and diamond mines are owned by foreign interests.without assets u have no bargaining chips u will be like the africans.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
dont blame them.. 70% ok them what. just use piano strings over lamposts will do.