• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'Return Our CPF' protester discharged after public apology

Tauriel

Alfrescian
Loyal

'Return Our CPF' protester discharged after public apology

603.jpg

CPF protester Goh Aik Huat, 41, was on Friday (Oct 23) granted a discharge not amounting to an acquittal. PHOTO: ST FILE

Published Oct 23, 2015, 11:36 am SGT
Updated Oct 23, 2015, 1:13 pm
Olivia Ho

SINGAPORE - One of four "Return Our CPF" protesters has been let off with a conditional warning, after making a public apology.

Goh Aik Huat, 42, had claimed trial to a charge of committing public nuisance, alongside fellow protesters Han Hui Hui, Koh Yew Beng, 60, and Low Wai Choo, 55, for disrupting a community event at Hong Lim Park on Sept 27 last year by shouting loudly, chanting slogans, waving flags, holding placards, blowing whistles and beating drums.

Goh was on Friday granted a discharge not amounting to an acquittal.

Police issued him a conditional warning of 24 months on Wednesday. This means that if he conmits a fresh offence in this period, he can be prosecuted for both the new offence and this one.

Speaking in halting Mandarin, Goh said: "I wish to apologise to the court. I undertake not to repeat this again. I hope Your Honour can grant me one last chance."

The Attorney-General's Chambers said in a statement that it had decided not to prosecute Goh further, after considering his culpability "relative to that of the other co-accused persons, his willingness to apologise unreservedly to those affected by his conduct...as well as his conduct during the trial" .

Goh was represented on Friday by lawyer Suang Wijaya, who had come on board after the first tranche of the trial. The other three co-accused remain unrepresented, and will enter the second tranche of their trial on Feb 24 to 26 next year.

Goh is the eighth person to be given a 24-month conditional warning for the Hong Lim incident. Two others involved, Chua Siew Leng, 43, and Roy Ngerng Yi Ling, 34, have pleaded guilty and been fined $300 and $1,900 respectively.

[email protected]

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why was the "community event" allowed to be held at the same time /venue in the first place?