• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you click on Google Ads when searching for services or products ?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Say when you are looking for an accounting firm or law firm and you turn to Google engine, the firms that purchased Google Ads will have their URLs highlighted right at the top or at the side.

Do you click on those ads ? I normally avoid those ads as I have this mindset that if they pay to have their URLs featured prominently, they are likely to pass the costs to you.

I would normally go for URLs without prominent ads, just as I would avoid big ads space in Yellow Pages the last time.

Doumbia

Alfrescian
Loyal
All that can be turn off in your google email account settings under privacy, ads and more and can be opted out. This is useful in your android smartphone google account. You are in control what u want google to share to the world :biggrin:

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
All that can be turn off in your google email account settings under privacy, ads and more and can be opted out. This is useful in your android smartphone google account. You are in control what u want google to share to the world :biggrin:

I'm more keen to find out the general consumer behaviour, whether I'm the odd one or most people are just like me who would persistently ignore the ads and click on URLs further down the hierarchy.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
先问人,没人问就问神

dont follow xtians, everything also oh my dog, oh my langjeow... oh my cheebye

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What ads? :wink:

Ads, especially those pesky and intrusive ones, are the fastest way to lose me as a potential customer.

Ad blocking should be turned on by default on all browsers. Marketeers and those twits who depend on ad revenue can kiss my ass. :kma:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm more keen to find out the general consumer behaviour, whether I'm the odd one or most people are just like me who would persistently ignore the ads and click on URLs further down the hierarchy.

you're doing it right by going further down the page to click on the urls. if you go to the 2nd and 3rd pages you are doing the internet an honorable service. google and other search engines promote urls belonging to companies who pay google for ad clicks to the top. search has never been a fair game. it's bloated with advertising money.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
you're doing it right by going further down the page to click on the urls. if you go to the 2nd and 3rd pages you are doing the internet an honorable service. google and other search engines promote urls belonging to companies who pay google for ad clicks to the top. search has never been a fair game. it's bloated with advertising money.

Oh yes, I always move down and on to at least the next 5 pages :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you don't like being spied on, avoid using google mail.
You can opt out under the account settings but how do you know that they aren't spying on you.

There is good reason to be wary of Google. They spied on Safari users, even though users turned on the option for privacy. You can read about it here:

http://9to5mac.com/2015/03/27/british-safari-users-sue-google-over-secretly-dropped-cookies/