• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exit Australia

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Australia is a resource economy. If China doesn't want the resources, there is no reason for foreign investments to go there.

More Aussies will be heading to sinkapore as a result.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Australia is a resource economy. If China doesn't want the resources, there is no reason for foreign investments to go there.

More Aussies will be heading to sinkapore as a result.

It depends on where you are at.
Guangxi is important when looking for jobs in Perth.
The trouble is when there are less jobs for mates or when your mob start getting redundancy notices.

No mining jobs, Rental income stream slowing, aging industry not getting much returns. but the positive is farming food for China. Certified Ready and Approved for Chinese market.

Getting outta Australia to relax. Mauritius first for my cantonese friends before Reunion Island followed by France.

About Singapore?

There are already a lot of Aussies in Singapore but I am not looking forward to the weather.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Australia just experienced its goldrush and now it is due for its greatest challenge.

I post this in 2013, http://www.afr.com/lifestyle/arts-a.../has-australia-run-out-of-luck-20131220-iye5n

This is an update.

Has Australia stopped being a lucky country?
SEPTEMBER 26, 20154:04PM

814e3d20189f7785b7a7f3b2f9e8e47a

Australia is no longer the ‘lucky country’. PIC: Bill Hearne
.aa

AUSTRALIA is no longer the ‘lucky country’.

That is the assessment of the nation’s most powerful economist, John Fraser.
Mr Fraser says Australians have become complacent about their declining wealth because they live in a stable and peaceful country.
“Our income per capita is falling. You wouldn’t know it. Everybody is happy and, in Canberra in particular, everybody is deliriously happy and comfortable,” he said in an interview for The Australian Financial Review Magazine’s power issue.
His comments come as Australians’ disposable income drops and house prices continue to rise.
Mr Fraser said that the nation’s problems were similar to those experienced in the early 1980s, when Australia was falling out of the ranks of the world’s richest countries, but the community didn’t recognise the need for policy chances.
Leading economist Saul Eslake told news.com.au it was “fair to say Australia’s luck is changing”.
“We had 10 years of good fortune in the form of rising prices for commodities but I think previous governments have squandered that good fortune and now that luck has changed,” he said.
Commodity prices were almost 60 per cent down following a peak in 2011, according to Mr Eslake.
“And they’ve got further to fall,” he said.
“Some of the chickens hatched in that era are coming home to roost.
“They come in the shape of governments’ ongoing budgetary difficulties.”
He said Australians had been lulled into a false sense of security and were not prepared for what was to come.
“Because the last 25 years have been so good, only a proportion of currently working Australians have much memory of difficult times,” Mr Eslake said.
“And as a result they have high exceptions of what government can and should do for them which governments will almost certainly not be able to meet.
“That’s because, in part, the way in which successive governments squandered the fruits of the earlier luckier period and partly because global circumstances won’t be as favourable.”
Mr Eslake predicted that “growth in national income and employment will be significantly slower on average than it has been over the last 15 years” in coming years.

MenghidupKehadapan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its been a while since I posted, but I would just like to say that I'm still in Perth, still have a job, and may be in a position to apply for PR soon.

Life's tough, but still better than back in SG. Money is getting tight, simply because the A$ weakening has made remitting money back home to my mum is more expensive than last time.

I'm thankful that my wife took up a job as a casual night-filler nearby, doesn't earn much, but does pay the bills.

For me, the contract we secured back then for 2 yrs is soon coming to an end, potentially meaning most of the staff in the office will either take pay cuts or pink-slips (retrenchment).

Don't know what it means for consultants like me, but the kind of work we do rises and falls with mining and oil and gas.

No doubt, I'm a bit worried about ending up in limbo with a 457, but I guess the more we worry about something we can't do anything about is not going to make things better.

In fact, of the 5 other 457s there were in the company when I started, I am the only 457 left while the rest have either been laid off or asked to go.

But as much as possible, don't want to go back to SG as I have come to realise that my kids are so much happier here.

Que sera, sera, I guess.