• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cooling Day is the reason for PAP landslide victory

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
George Yeo :

"I didn't expect a landslide (win)," said Mr Yeo, who spoke to media after the launch of an art installation at Bedok Reservoir Park on Friday (Sep 18), which he donated an undisclosed sum to. “I think on Cooling-Off Day, after all that the people saw and heard, people got a little worried that the day after may result in a very different Singapore.”

"So everyone took two steps back and reflected: There are problems, but this is a wonderful country, and we all like coming back here when we travel. This is home," added the former Member of Parliament, who served Aljunied Group Representation Constituency (GRC) from 1988 to 2011.

"And collectively, when everyone came to that conclusion, I think it contributed to this outcome."

No wonder ... I felt cool and collected on the cooling day. The days before were a cacophony of maddening noise. All I remembered was blaring horns, shouting and jeering... nothing sensible got between my ears.