• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HDB incurs $2.02 billion deficit in the last financial year

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If HDB claims to be losing $ then who is making the $?

Singapore Land Authority? left pocket to right pocket kind of accountings is it? no wonder PAP fuck up on the Punggol East TC accounts :oIo:

Someone should ask SLA to open up their books. Lets see how much surplus

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I am not surprised that HDB is losing so much money every year. HDB is selling 5-room flats at less than $450k while sinkies have shown that in the resale market, they are willing to pay at least $650k for the same apartment. Wasn't there an apartment in Toa Payoh that recently changed hands at close to $1M? And all the residents at Duxton Pinnacle are living in homes that cost $1M on the resale but they bought it cheap from HDB for only half the price.

PAP has clearly swung too far to the left. They need to shift their fiscal polices more to the right, instead of always raising taxes to give cheapskate sinkies too much subsidies.

Where you learn pricing? Compare with open market prices for profits? You should compare to cost

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Absolutely agree. HDB CAN NEVER LOSE MONEY. That is why I wrote in this forum that WP must engage the real experts to scrutinise government policies et cetera. Who in WP has expertise in this area? When I say expertise, I am not referring to someone who has a degree in accounting. I refer to people who can lecture on this subject in universities.

It's called forensic accounting

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is just bullshit accounting practice. If HDB lost $2 billion, just ask who reported $2 billion profit? SLA? URA? SLA just markup the price of the land they sell to HDB. HDB reports loss. Then next round of flat construction, they just raise prices lah.

Cud be another 1MBD case in the making? CPIB shld investigate where the 2B gone!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course, hardliners would prefer WP to engage the PAP more ferociously with regards to CPF, CECA, reserves and HDB. But well, look at what happened to Roy, Sinkies First and the SDP at the polls.

That is why we need a new pattern. Roy, TJS and KJ etc will not go far in local politics. The style and manner in which Paul Thambyah exhibited in dealing with health matters must be emulated by others in other areas. Paul was neither a JBJ nor a LTK when he espoused his views.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
No accountant in WP slate leh. You ask your bean counter friends to join WP and help them sort out the town council nonsense and don't let PAP suka suka throw smoke bomb again. Or else get that jiakliaobee Pritam go learn double entry more useful than do law phd full time MP part time.

Are your fucking retarded? WP earn over $5 million in taxpayer paid salaries since the 2011 election. Got no money to hire the bestest forensic accountant in singapore meh? If Pritam is suppose to learn accounting to counter them, then why is a SAF scholar Rear Admiral like Lewd Fuck You not required to learn about Transportation when he became a Minister.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Absolutely agree. HDB CAN NEVER LOSE MONEY. That is why I wrote in this forum that WP must engage the real experts to scrutinise government policies et cetera. Who in WP has expertise in this area? When I say expertise, I am not referring to someone who has a degree in accounting. I refer to people who can lecture on this subject in universities.

WP as earned over $5 million in taxpayer funded salaries for their MPs since the 2011 elections. They have plenty of resources to hire a good forensic accountant to whack HDB in Parliament. If they want to be Jews about, Christopher Balding will do it for free, and he is a damn good economist and lecturer. But the real gorilla in the room is Temasek. They are really the ones that need to be looked at by a forensic accountant. I suspect you will find 50X the losses that HDB suffered.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
WP as earned over $5 million in taxpayer funded salaries for their MPs since the 2011 elections. They have plenty of resources to hire a good forensic accountant to whack HDB in Parliament. If they want to be Jews about, Christopher Balding will do it for free, and he is a damn good economist and lecturer. But the real gorilla in the room is Temasek. They are really the ones that need to be looked at by a forensic accountant. I suspect you will find 50X the losses that HDB suffered.

Why you keep harping on the $5m? It is over 8 persons across 4 odd years. And most of WP MPs is doing it full time. They need to pay rent and put food on table too.

If you are familiar with WP, you will also know that every funeral, they send something. That costs money too.

So, don't use such broad statements to defend your position. Devil is in the details

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why you keep harping on the $5m? It is over 8 persons across 4 odd years. And most of WP MPs is doing it full time. They need to pay rent and put food on table too.

If you are familiar with WP, you will also know that every funeral, they send something. That costs money too.

So, don't use such broad statements to defend your position. Devil is in the details

And yet they still managed to fuck up so spectacularly g.e. 2015.they better use every means possible to come up with evidence of fraud or im calling them overpaid taxpayer sponsored goofballs.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
And yet they still managed to fuck up so spectacularly g.e. 2015.they better use every means possible to come up with evidence of fraud or im calling them overpaid taxpayer sponsored goofballs.

I dont believe the election result was a result of them fucking up. Its the fucked up mentality of the majority of Singaporeans