• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MACS application only done in Singapore now

Sallehk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi just to enquire...my wife is a mlsian...got a property in mlsia but under wife name whereas my name as a guarantor...i got 3 daughters...1 is a sporean...before tis my daughter n i had applied the macs card before at mlsia c.point...but seems now need to go to orchard hotel...is a hassle...
Now need to renew the macs card...can i and my daughter apply at the IRDA at danga bay...?my daughter is below 21yrs old..wat are the documents needed?thks

Sallehk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wish to enquire...my wife is a mlsian..wif 3 daughters...and one of my daughter is a sporean...have a property in mlsia wif my wife name and myself as a guarantor..
Need to renew my macs card wif my daughter...
Can it be done at the IRDA rather than at spore?

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just done mine at IRDA last Sunday. Apparently saw a few queuing before me yet are not aware of the new regulation. There are 3 schemes which you can apply MACS.

1. Property Owner (Required SPA (Original and Copy)
2. Spouse of Malaysian (Required at least 9 months VISA)
3. Company Sponsor (Required a formal company letterhead to indicate your working status in Malaysia and need to travel in and out into Singapore regularly)

Operating Hours:
Sun - Wed : 8.30am - 4pm
Thursday : 8.30am - 1pm

Lunch is 1-2pm

Friday, Saturday and P.H Closed.

Do take note.

Sallehk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just done mine at IRDA last Sunday. Apparently saw a few queuing before me yet are not aware of the new regulation. There are 3 schemes which you can apply MACS.

1. Property Owner (Required SPA (Original and Copy)
2. Spouse of Malaysian (Required at least 9 months VISA)
3. Company Sponsor (Required a formal company letterhead to indicate your working status in Malaysia and need to travel in and out into Singapore regularly)

Operating Hours:
Sun - Wed : 8.30am - 4pm
Thursday : 8.30am - 1pm

Lunch is 1-2pm

Friday, Saturday and P.H Closed.

Do take note.

Hi....thks bout the info...appreciated...will do mine at danga bay though...

cresendo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi folks,

Tried to renew my MACS today but was told by immigration that I can only apply now in Singapore at Orchard Parade Hotel level 3 office. No more MACS office at the CIQ at Tuas or Woodlands.

However checking online, the application now costs S$35 and take a day to approve.

Has anyone got any update if I can still apply in JB as in the past or any other location.

Many thanks.

Yeah...it's all abt money making...was there at Orchard Parade Hotel...I don't understand why we should go thru a third party to apply or renew our Macs..???...I'm really damn piss and dissappointed...!!

cresendo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have live in JB for 7yrs already...have no problem in renewing my Macs each year but now I am truly dissappointed and upset with the Malaysian Immigration system...firstly, whenever my Macs expires, its so convenient that on my way home in JB, I just drop by the office in CIQ and get it done within 30mins or so and it's done swiftly...but now, I have to go to orchard parade hotel, leave my passport there and come back the next day to collect and pay SGD $35...is this what u call convenient...??...each visit I made to orchard parade, I have to pay a $4 car park...and I can't go home as my passport with then...!!..what's going on with the Malaysian Government...???...I would rather pay more than Rm $30 for the sticker if it was done in CIQ than giving a Third Party Company making easy money with a big risk I have to take applying thru them as my passport is in the hands of a private company...what if my passport go amiss while on the processing...who would be responsible for the lost...???!!!...this is really annoying...!!!...and who are the one who initiate this saying it's more convenient to apply Macs in Singapore...they should have done a trial to remain open Macs office in CIQ and see where most Macs are done before putting a statement....wish pple stops applying for Macs and see if they would push all out as when they had introduce Macs in the beginning...!!?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have live in JB for 7yrs already...have no problem in renewing my Macs each year but now I am truly dissappointed and upset with the Malaysian Immigration system...firstly, whenever my Macs expires, its so convenient that on my way home in JB, I just drop by the office in CIQ and get it done within 30mins or so and it's done swiftly...but now, I have to go to orchard parade hotel, leave my passport there and come back the next day to collect and pay SGD $35...is this what u call convenient...??...each visit I made to orchard parade, I have to pay a $4 car park...and I can't go home as my passport with then...!!..what's going on with the Malaysian Government...???...I would rather pay more than Rm $30 for the sticker if it was done in CIQ than giving a Third Party Company making easy money with a big risk I have to take applying thru them as my passport is in the hands of a private company...what if my passport go amiss while on the processing...who would be responsible for the lost...???!!!...this is really annoying...!!!...and who are the one who initiate this saying it's more convenient to apply Macs in Singapore...they should have done a trial to remain open Macs office in CIQ and see where most Macs are done before putting a statement....wish pple stops applying for Macs and see if they would push all out as when they had introduce Macs in the beginning...!!?

Hi, if you have a property in MY you can apply for it in JB at RM30 and get it in 20min or less.

Sallehk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi...can get it done at the danga bay...IRDA...if u have property in mlsia...ot business in mlsia...jst need to bring ur Sales and Purchase front page only copy...photo..and ur pasport photocopy...the original SnP need to bring along for verification..payment is Rm30...15min can collect there n then collect...no hassle

Sallehk

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u have property or business then can only apply at jb...if not sorry to say have to go to Orchard Parade hotel to renew

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very good they control and validate the MACS application. Shoo away those petrol warriors and others. :cool:

cresendo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, if you have a property in MY you can apply for it in JB at RM30 and get it in 20min or less.

I dont own a property here but I been renting all the 7yrs...can I still be able to renew my MACS in JB...??...wld my Astro or Celcom bill under my name be eligible for me to renew in JB...??...pls pls tell me the address in JB to renew MACS...thanks you

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont own a property here but I been renting all the 7yrs...can I still be able to renew my MACS in JB...??...wld my Astro or Celcom bill under my name be eligible for me to renew in JB...??...pls pls tell me the address in JB to renew MACS...thanks you

I doubt so. I know of a family who is renting in JB but they also go back to Singapore to do their MACS. Anyway, the place to do MACS in JB is at the IRDA office located behind Kozi Hotel at Danga Bay. It is also near Tunes Hotel.

cresendo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe he meant those who come to JB and spoilt market. Those typical unique species known as Sinkies.

In my opinion, there are no such thing as "spoilt market" @ Sinkies...what wld u call Malaysians that works in Sg and take Sgd to Malaysia and spend there...??...I have a Malaysian friend who earns Sgd $1200 and owns a car and motorbike in Malaysia, wld a Sinkies be having that in Sg...??...it works both ways, to survive or to enjoy life in doing things that ppl are not able to do in our own countries...the issue is, if there are any control of issuing MACS, why can't the Malaysian Immigration manage it...??...after all, even if u go Sg to apply MACS and pay Sgd$35 and the Malaysian Immigration only collects Sgd $15, what is there to control or limit issuing of MACS...??...guess someone in the immigration having shares in the profit making makes by the third party...otherwise Malaysia Immigration could have increase the price of MACS from RM $30 to maybe RM $300, to limit issuing of MACS...or to stiffen the requirements of applying of MACS...don't u think so...???

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my opinion, there are no such thing as "spoilt market" @ Sinkies...what wld u call Malaysians that works in Sg and take Sgd to Malaysia and spend there...??...I have a Malaysian friend who earns Sgd $1200 and owns a car and motorbike in Malaysia, wld a Sinkies be having that in Sg...??...it works both ways, to survive or to enjoy life in doing things that ppl are not able to do in our own countries...the issue is, if there are any control of issuing MACS, why can't the Malaysian Immigration manage it...??...after all, even if u go Sg to apply MACS and pay Sgd$35 and the Malaysian Immigration only collects Sgd $15, what is there to control or limit issuing of MACS...??...guess someone in the immigration having shares in the profit making makes by the third party...otherwise Malaysia Immigration could have increase the price of MACS from RM $30 to maybe RM $300, to limit issuing of MACS...or to stiffen the requirements of applying of MACS...don't u think so...???

In my view, the MACS simply smoothen the access/exit to MY for Singaporeans. It is not a tool to control Malaysia’s borders, and certainly not an effective tool if it is meant to restrict or limit Singaporeans from coming into MY! LOL! I suppose since it is mainly Singaporeans who would apply for MACS, the JB side simply rationalise that there is no need to cater for Singaporeans at the checkpoints, better to outsource it to a third party and still earn more money from it, like the way it is now. As for the minority who owns properties here, they can do it at IRDA.