• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MACS application only done in Singapore now

Ruffled

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi folks,

Tried to renew my MACS today but was told by immigration that I can only apply now in Singapore at Orchard Parade Hotel level 3 office. No more MACS office at the CIQ at Tuas or Woodlands.

However checking online, the application now costs S$35 and take a day to approve.

Has anyone got any update if I can still apply in JB as in the past or any other location.

Many thanks.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi folks,

Tried to renew my MACS today but was told by immigration that I can only apply now in Singapore at Orchard Parade Hotel level 3 office. No more MACS office at the CIQ at Tuas or Woodlands.

However checking online, the application now costs S$35 and take a day to approve.

Has anyone got any update if I can still apply in JB as in the past or any other location.

Many thanks.

My first question is how many under-table monies have been given by this owner of the firm to the Malaysian customs in-charge

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi folks,

Many thanks.

Wow! Tat will cost me M$105 per calendar year..

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi folks,

Many thanks.

Go Iskandar Regional Development Authority IRDA to apply if you have property or work permit in Malaysia. Must bring along copy of SPA or work permit. Charges still rm30.

Another place in Singapore is Malaysia High Comm, charges not known.

Last edited:

Ruffled

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Organic,

Thks for the heads up. I will try your suggestion.

The pain is also leaving yr passport with the agent at Orchard Parade Hotel overnight.

I hope there may be some mobile counters popping up soon. I renewed once at a mobile counter at Bukit Indah Jusco.

The tragic thing is that MACS is really convenient and a good idea that helps promote Sgpeans to enter into JB. By restricting it to one place in Singapore would really reduce the convenience and accessibility.

Anyway, let's hope more counters in JB pop up.

Cheers

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Organic,

Thks for the heads up. I will try your suggestion.

The pain is also leaving yr passport with the agent at Orchard Parade Hotel overnight.

I hope there may be some mobile counters popping up soon. I renewed once at a mobile counter at Bukit Indah Jusco.

The tragic thing is that MACS is really convenient and a good idea that helps promote Sgpeans to enter into JB. By restricting it to one place in Singapore would really reduce the convenience and accessibility.

Anyway, let's hope more counters in JB pop up.

Cheers

No problem. At IRDA, you can collect it in the spot. Kids under 21 parent with SPA can apply on behalf, for your info.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
My husband just got his MACS done last month at the JB CIQ. The only new thing we learnt is that the office is now closed every Tuesday. Why Tuesday? Your guess is as good as mine!

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
My husband just got his MACS done last month at the JB CIQ. The only new thing we learnt is that the office is now closed every Tuesday. Why Tuesday? Your guess is as good as mine!

Can anyone provide me with the info where can i get the mac done in Singapore or in Malaysia ?

Ruffled

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi folks,

So can I take it that the MACS counter at Tuas is closed? The website seem to state that it's still operating. I asked the immigration officer when I drove out last week and he told me no more MACS at the immigration.

I am ok paying S$35 but leaving the passport overnight with the agent just dun feel so comfortable.

The MACS counter at IRDA at Danga Bay does not open on Fri and Sat and closes at 4pm FYI.

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today's The Star Newspaper:

MACS.jpg

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
S$35 per pax x 500,000 per year = S$17.5 million Singapore Dollars just like that.

This is excluding the RM 20 VEP for vehicles.

Looks like Malaysia govt is learning fast from PAP!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
S$35 per pax x 500,000 per year = S$17.5 million Singapore Dollars just like that.

This is excluding the RM 20 VEP for vehicles.

Looks like Malaysia govt is learning fast from PAP!

Malaysia government only earn $15, the agent commission is $20.