• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

US stocks brace for possible Fed liftoff

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think they can afford to delay the hike to Dec 2015 or even Jan 2016... the global situation outside of US is in a bad shape... China is undergoing a slowdown . Europe is still in doldrums. ECB decides to continue with QE is indicative that they are not out of the woods yet. Asian countries are experiencing economic headwinds because of China.

HP just announced that they are axing 33,000 of their workforce over the next 3 years. Deutsche Bank announced last week that they will trim 23,000 headcounts this year...

You make the guess to the global financial markets if the Fed were to raise the rate. The contagion will spread from US to Europe, Japan and hit China back again. Even Singapore will not be spared. Sibor rate increase will hit many cash-strapped individuals with mortgage loans to pay. Worst, if they were hit by retrenchments.

Got this one rite... just like the one on GE ... but the markets didn't fly.

I got a hunch ... the markets will fly in a matter of days...the short-sellers are re-strategizing as they were expecting a rate hike ...now that the rate issue is settled, there is no reason not to pump up the markets. There is ample liquidity in the markets ... with low interest rate , where can the money go ? China and emerging markets are seeing an outflow of funds.... where can their monies go ?

Yes, I am loaded in.

Last edited: