• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Open letter to Tan Boon Huat, Chief Executive Director of People's Association

sheryllim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Tan Boon Huat
Chief Executive Director
People’s Association

RE: Salaries and bonuses of CDC staff

Dear Mr Tan,

I am Eugene Yeo, Chief Editor of socio-political blog Wayang Party.

As you may already know, there were rumors circulating in cyberspace about CDC staff receiving seven to eight months of bonuses.

Dr Teo Ho Pin who was the Mayor of Northwest CDC claimed that he does not know the salaries and bonuses of CDC staff as they are decided by the People’s Association.

The People’s Association did not confirm or refute the rumors and replied that the salaries and bonuses are within the guidelines of the National Wage Council.

The CDC staff are public servants paid for by taxpayers’ monies. As such, even though the People’s Association is a statutory board not under the purview of the Public Service Division, it still has the obligation to disclose the salaries and bonuses of its staff.

In the midst of an economic downturn beginning last year which saw many Singaporeans losing their jobs or having their wages cut, it is disheartening to learn that those working in the public sector are getting so many months of bonuses which are literally unheard of in the private sector.

PA’s continued reticence on the rumors will only generate more doubts and suspicions in the public which may undermine its credibility and moral standing amongst Singaporeans in the future.

Since you are the Chief Executive Director of the People’s Association, surely you must be aware of the salaries and bonuses received by the CDC staff.

I would like to seek your clarification on the following:

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.com/?p=6437

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well written letter!

Let's see how Ah Tan reply this one.

I think these jiat liao bees are having it all too easy for too long already, time to shake them and wake them up from their fucking ideas, of continuing to fuck around with taxpayers' money...

Jiat Liao Bees Public Departments (Not in order of JLBness)
1. PA (All the CCs & RCs)
2. CDC (All the zones)
3. HDB Branch Offices
4. Town Councils
5. Related Semi Stat Boards
6. Etc etc

jesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at the stated nature of PA's work, I wonder what kind of job performance or work contributions can possibly justify over 6 months of bonuses.

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
:mad:

I hope to see more accountability about the use of public funds gotten from taxpayers...

I want to know that my taxes paid are used properly and decently, and not to feed jiat liao bees only good at office politics, email replies to feedbacks but no action, eating and shiting nia...

:oIo: :oIo: :oIo:

jesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well written letter!

Let's see how Ah Tan reply this one.

I think these jiat liao bees are having it all too easy for too long already, time to shake them and wake them up from their fucking ideas, of continuing to fuck around with taxpayers' money...

Jiat Liao Bees Public Departments (Not in order of JLBness)
1. PA (All the CCs & RCs)
2. CDC (All the zones)
3. HDB Branch Offices
4. Town Councils
5. Related Semi Stat Boards
6. Etc etc

These have become essentially political organisations, engaging in partisan politics. It is money-politics really.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at the stated nature of PA's work, I wonder what kind of job performance or work contributions can possibly justify over 6 months of bonuses.

One of these days, when I am free, will write about PA. There is no other organisation like it anywhere is this world. Its a unique creation. Its origin was clandestine in nature and still remains as such. The multi-racial cultural dance program, its goals of racial harmony, the sports and civil associations etc. is the best front that money can buy.

Tan Boon Huat, was for many years the No.2 Civil Servant in Home Affairs, before being posted to Elections Dept and then PA. Note the flow and the apparent synergy.

Its accounting though legal is one of a kind and has more smoke and mirrors than a worn out disco.

In nearly 50 years, not a single soul has talked about it, nor an article has appeared in local or foreign press about the hidden side of this organisation. More Singaporeans and residents have been touched by this single organisation without they knowing it except maybe for the old PUB where everyone needed water and electricity.

When the old guards set it up, the need was there and their approach was clear and the older singaporeans knew its purpose. I wonder if they they considered a timeline or understood that a monster might start to emerge.

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of these days, when I am free, will write about PA. There is no other organisation like it anywhere is this world. Its a unique creation. Its origin was clandestine in nature and still remains as such. The multi-racial cultural dance program, its goals of racial harmony, the sports and civil associations etc. is the best front that money can buy.

Tan Boon Huat, was for many years the No.2 Civil Servant in Home Affairs, before being posted to Elections Dept and then PA. Note the flow and the apparent synergy.

Its accounting though legal is one of a kind and has more smoke and mirrors than a worn out disco.

In nearly 50 years, not a single soul has talked about it, nor an article has appeared in local or foreign press about the hidden side of this organisation. More Singaporeans and residents have been touched by this single organisation without they knowing it except maybe for the old PUB where everyone needed water and electricity.

When the old guards set it up, the need was there and their approach was clear and the older singaporeans knew its purpose. I wonder if they they considered a timeline or understood that a monster might start to emerge.

The old monster is dying soon, don't worry...

He will soon answer for all his self-righteous crimes to God!

:wink:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are the mayors paid? If yes, are their pays also being decided by the PA? Sorry not directing the question to you. Just curious.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
MAyor got extra pay one meh? Chairman of town council extra pay? I think no la,,, imagine these MPs-cum-ministtots-cum-mayors-cum-chairman town councils-cum-perm secretary-cum-carry balls,,,,

if every additional duty got extra income, wau piang, these guys will be better paid than prata-man

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
CDC (Teo) pass to PA (Tan). Wonder who is next?

The party tell people to Pay And Pay. When people query, they just Pass And Pass.....:biggrin:

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal

sherlylim got balls to write such a open letter but I guess ah huat is unlikely to reply to such a letter .

Ah Huat is a vanguard of the system ; in terms of dedication to the system and integrity few can ever match him and is still highly respected by many. Given his rise thru the years he should have been at least a minister given his calibre.

Heard from various old sources his only folly was getting attached to his nice current wife when he was still married with his not so nice ex-wife.
This move limited his rise as divorces were frowned upon in the past with PAP's squeaky clean image. With the present change in time, I guess Shamugan is luckier.:rolleyes:

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone once posed this question to me:

Who do you think will make a great leader of men?

A: A womaniser
B: A drug user
C: A decorated war hero and dedicated husband

Surprise surprise answer at the end...

A: Roosevelt (Cannot be sure which is which)
B: Churchill (Cannot be sure which is which)
C: Hitler

This sets me thinking, not confirmed that one have a squeaky clean image can be recognised as a great leader of men...

And that not all who wear white are angels as well...

The white pants and shirts which PAPigs love to don are already stained black with all that abuse of power against the greater good of its people...
Just that they refused to admit it to hold onto power...

Time to wake those old farters up and their fucking ideas...

:oIo: :oIo: :oIo: