• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My mind is in a whirlwind for GMS and PAP

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last night I cannot sleep properly. Was pondering who I should vote for :cool:
I don't know GMS well.
Under current PAP ruling, I have 3 meals a day, a humble shelter, was able to live without a job for close to a year until recently bored and started working just to pass some times. Was receiving Workfare money even I have hundreds of Ks in my bank :p What more can I ask for ?
Should I vote for my own benefits or sinkieland as a nation ?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last night I cannot sleep properly. Was pondering who I should vote for :cool:
I don't know GMS well.
Under current PAP ruling, I have 3 meals a day, a humble shelter, was able to live without a job for close to a year until recently bored and started working just to pass some times. Was receiving Workfare money even I have hundreds of Ks in my bank :p What more can I ask for ?
Should I vote for my own benefits or sinkieland as a nation ?

Vote for the nation, stupid. Your own circumstances may change for the worse for all you know.

Vote for your children. Vote for your children's children. Do you want them to live in a nation of 10 mil people? Collect cardboard for a living when you're 70? Send their parents (you) to JB nursing homes? Lose their jobs in their 40s to FT? Mortgage their homes to send their children to universities abroad because our local uni places are taken up by foreigners on full scholarships?

Vote opposition. If there's a 3-cornered fight, vote for the stronger oppo candidate/party. Only when we have adequate checks and balances in parliament will the ruling party not ram policies down our throats without listening to the people.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vote for the nation, stupid. Your own circumstances may change for the worse for all you know.

Vote for your children. Vote for your children's children. Do you want them to live in a nation of 10 mil people? Collect cardboard for a living when you're 70? Send their parents (you) to JB nursing homes? Lose their jobs in their 40s to FT? Mortgage their homes to send their children to universities abroad because our local uni places are taken up by foreigners on full scholarships?

Vote opposition. If there's a 3-cornered fight, vote for the stronger oppo candidate/party.

Good advice.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better do nothing than do something wrong. You can always count of craven sinkies to do nothing. Teehee!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Vote opposition. If there's a 3-cornered fight, vote for the stronger oppo candidate/party. Only when we have adequate checks and balances in parliament will the ruling party not ram policies down our throats without listening to the people.

Thanks for the advice.
I do not have children fyi.
I knew that voting oppo definitely will be good for majority that are unrelated to me, maybe I have to decide based on how selfish I am as a person.
Is like placing a soccer bet - home , draw, away.
I do feel alittle stupid to vote wrongly and have my current privilege confiscated - CHAS card, workfare bonus, travel concession.
I am still far from being a senior citizen and having these privilege come as a bonus.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
after another sleepless night, I have made up my mind to vote for oppo :biggrin: looking forward to sep 11 :p

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a no brainer. Vote for GMS, a PM material, a potential leader of not just Singapore, but ASEAN Economic Communities.