• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr. Chee Soon Juan's Speech

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...mic-and-social-wellbeing-cannot-be-addressed/

Speech by Dr Chee Soon Juan, Secretary General of Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) at the 35th Anniversary of Singapore Democratic Party.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

In 1995, during the Ordinary Party Conference at which I was first elected Secretary-General of the SDP, I gave an address about the need to invest our time and effort building up a strong foundation for the party.

I related the fable of the Three Little Pigs and how it was important to erect our house with bricks rather than with sticks and straw. Only with a sound foundation could we build a premier party that we all wanted to see the SDP become.

By foundation, I meant that we had to ground the party on principles – principles that allowed the people the freedom to think and express those thoughts, principles that ensured that we enhanced opportunity for all to succeed, not just the privileged, and principles that grounded us on the idea that power is measured by our ability to care for the weakest among us.

By foundation, I also meant taking the time and having the discipline to put up considered policy papers by conducting research and consulting the people.

In the years that ensued, I was repeatedly criticised – even by those in opposition circles – for being out of touch with the masses and being too academic in my approach. My critics also argued that Singaporeans were interested only in bread-and-butter issues; democracy and political freedom were Western concepts unsuited to the Asian mind.

I never bought the propaganda because unless someone can show me that Singaporeans are somehow different from the rest of the human race or possessed DNA that made us inherently desirous of being constantly told what to do, I cannot but conclude that these views are propagated by the powerful few who want to keep the status quo.

I have maintained that without our political rights, we cannot protect our economic interests and well-being. Recent trends have proven me correct.

Take, for example, the 2014 report by Credit Lyonnaise Securities Asia which showed that almost half of households in Singapore live from paycheck to paycheck with little or no savings.This is middle class that we’re talking about. They are just one major bill away from financial ruin. This can come in the form of an accident, health problem, or some other foreseeable catastrophe.

What is less surprising is the report’s finding that the majority of our elderly indicated that they are not saving. How can they when they have hardly anything to live on after they’ve paid up their HDB loan? What’s more, the little that they have is withheld under the Minimum Sum Scheme.

But what’s particularly disturbing is the finding that a high proportion of Singaporeans in their 30s and 40s are also unable to save.

How did all this come about? The cost of living in Singapore, of course, plays a major role. In 2001, we were the 97th most expensive city in the world. In a short span of just over 10 years, we hopped, stepped and jumped to becoming the most expensive city in the world, according to the Economic Intelligence Unit.

This is not just happenstance. It came about through deliberate planning by the PAP. For instance, the Government rewrote the Banking Act and Immigration policy to court High Net-Worth Individuals to Singapore. As a result, we have the highest proportion of millionaires and billionaires in the world. The massive inflow of foreign capital places enormous upward pressure on prices in the country.

At the same time, we imported en masse cheap foreign labour to do the lower-skilled jobs. This puts downward pressure on wages of the locals. It also has the unintended effect of lowering labour productivity levels. The government has often repeated that wages cannot outstrip productivity. The result is that real wages continue to languish.

This double whammy of rising costs and stagnating wages is what is making lives financially so tough for Singaporeans.

And what about our youth? The future looks anything but hopeful. They now have to compete with foreign students – who are getting generous financial assistance from the state – for places in our universities. And when they graduate, they have a tough time finding jobs. If they do end up with a job, many are underemployed engaging in low-paying or low-skilled positions.

And with the high HDB prices, housing has become largely unaffordable for young couples.

All this means that for our younger generation, opportunity is diminishing while stress and anxiety are increasing.

This has caused many Singaporeans to leave the country. Unfortunately, they are ones whose talent and skills we need most. Lee Kuan Yew, himself, admitted that this development is a serious problem.

So what does the Government do? Instead of examining its policies that gave rise to these problems in the first place, it opens up our immigration doors to let foreigners in by the millions ostensibly to augment innovation and job creation.

But the more people we let in, the greater the competition for opportunity, the more stressful life in Singapore becomes, the more Singaporeans choose to leave and on goes the downward spiral.

The situation has deteriorated to the point that the PAP acknowledges the problem. Both Lee Kuan Yew and Lee Hsien Long have said that without foreigners, we cannot attract investments and create jobs.

How did we come to such a tragic state? After more that 50 years of uninterrupted PAP rule, we cannot produce a citizenry, or at least retain one, which can keep our country going without having to rely on foreigners?

But even as the SDP saw the situation deteriorate, our hands were tied. There was little we could do because our rulers decreed that the media had to be controlled, political parties could operate only under the most restrictive of conditions, and fundamental freedoms were tightly proscribed.

As a consequence, the ruling party’s power was unchecked. The result is a slew of problems, of which I have just mentioned a few, that our society has to grapple with.

Authoritarian control has another effect that is less obvious, perhaps, but no less damaging to our nation. It has to do with our effort to build a knowledge-based society. The fact that we are so reliant on foreigners and foreign corporations to drive our economy is more than a subtle hint that we’ve not been very successful in this endeavour. This is because a political system which demands conformity does not, and cannot, admit of knowledge creation.

Which leads me back to the point that I made at the beginning of my address, it is the same point that I have been making for the last 20 years: Without political freedom, that is, freedom of speech, assembly and association, we cannot regenerate our economy.

The question is not whether the present system will continue to serve Singapore well because clearly it can’t. Even PAP stalwarts like George Yeo have openly called for its reform.

Rather, the question must be how are we going to go about making the necessary changes. There are several areas that we must deal with if we are going to get out of the rut in which we currently find ourselves. But I will confine my answer to the one that is most obvious and immediate: elect SDP candidates into office in the coming elections.

I will point out two incontrovertible facts to underscore why it is crucial to have the SDP in the next Parliament. The first is that we are the only party that has consistently iterated that our political rights and our economic progress are two sides of the same coin, they are inextricably bound. Without advancement in our political rights, problems regarding our economic and social wellbeing cannot be addressed.

More important, we have been actively working to reclaim for our fellow citizens their civil liberties and political rights. In Parliamant, we will do what we having been doing all along: push for the opening up of political space for Singaporeans.

Second, we are also the only party to have drawn up a bold new vision for this nation and crafted alternative policies to take the country closer to that vision. There is nothing worse than asking voters to vote for change when they don’t know what that change is or might look like. We have articulated for society a future that can be better and more secure than the one we have presently. We are advocating a system where the people have the means and the responsibility to shape their own future.

In other words, we want to give voters a reason to vote for the SDP, not just against the PAP.

We want to build a system where debate, reasoned argument, and free choice is highly valued; thick on logic and persuasion, thin on rhetoric and coercion. We want the government to listen – really listen – and be responsive to the wishes and needs of the people. This can only happen with a competent, constructive and compassionate opposition in Parliament – an opposition like the SDP.

But while it is important to ensure that our future is one predicated on propsperity, we don’t want to advocate ideas that focus exclusively on material wealth – not if it means having to lose our soul and the very essence of being human. And being human is to care for our fellow human beings, to show compassion to those less fortunate than us.

When did we become so callous to suffering? When did we become numb to the fact that our elderly have to clear our tables and wash our toilets or collect cardboard just to live out their remaining years on this earth? I don’t believe that we are such a nasty people. I believe that we have been led astray. We have become so indifferent to the plight of the weak and the powerless because we’ve been told for decades that no one owes us a living, that it’s every man for himself.

We must find our way back, we must find our soul again because a people without a soul is a people who will not find life, life in its most profound sense.

We must impart wisdom that invites an individual to enter the door of his conscience – the conscience that speaks loudly and clearly of our values – that people come before profits, rights before riches and wisdom before wealth.

This is who we are, this is what we stand for and it is what we must strive to uphold. These values keep us united as Singapore Democrats, it is what is going to help us succeed as a party and, most importantly, it is what is going to bring this Republic of Singapore a better future.

It has taken us time to get to where we are today but it has been necessary. We have toiled hard, tilled the soil, planted the seed and with the sweat of our brow and the tears of our spirit, painstakingly cultivated the tree of democratic progress.

May it bear fruit ths election. Thank you.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Great speech.
Suggest everyone take a few minutes to read it. It could change your life starting with changing your vote from PAP to Opposition/SDP

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Based on that speech, and watching the you tube (which shows that CSJ is reasonably eloquent), with respect, I believe that CSJ deserves to be an MP to speak up for Singaporeans.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Based on that speech, and watching the you tube (which shows that CSJ is reasonably eloquent), with respect, I believe that CSJ deserve to be an MP to speak up for Singaporeans.

If a pap certified madman opposition can speak so eloquently and rationally.....
Those mentally stable ones must be even better!

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
poor poor poor
what so great about this type of ordinary speech
come on!!!
don't be fooled
trying to change the wayward
trying to win sympathy votes
haha good try
the label on the forehead says all...

pap is the best
the rest are all pest
giphy.gif

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you drink too much kopisai.... your kapala is be like dat...
if you speak like ah teo luck or ah swee lim.... your kapala will turn until behind

giphy.gif

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on that speech, and watching the you tube (which shows that CSJ is reasonably eloquent), with respect, I believe that CSJ deserves to be an MP to speak up for Singaporeans.

I agree with you on this point. CSJ has that little bit of Roy but in a more mature mode. CSJ was right, years ago when he says becos the ruling party has no transparency, accountability and they control EVERYTHING, these ppl will have the upper hand to run the ppl's lives based on their own agenda of greed.

And how well this comes true.

Of course Sinkie are fucking retards, they would not 'do something about it' until the water is boiling and they are already...3/4 boiled!LoLoLoL

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha.....can't believe there are gong cheebyes who go head over heel over a speech..
CSJ ahead of his time... certainly from a leading oppo party...he manage to lead SdP to becum one of the worst performing party in GE2011..
CSJ is a dud but not dumb...he knew he will not enter parleement thru an erection...so he played the sympathy card...got himself disqualified and using this excuse for a good 15 years to claim that he was not given a chance to stand for erection as papee feared him more than the other oppo leaders.
SDP is also a party for opportunists to try their luck at each GE...marriages of convenience are arranged quickly before GE and just as quickly they will go their separate way after the GE is over...
literally a fly by night party....
As recently as th 2012PE by election, SdP made a radical proposal really ahead of time...they they want to team up with WP...they go to parleement whileWP look after town council...lol

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hahaha.....can't believe there are gong cheebyes who go head over heel over a speech..

PAP IB now out in full force. :biggrin:

Relak, relak. It's just an election. If CSJ is the clown that you say he is, then the Pappies shouldn't be losing sleep over him. LOL.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
poor poor poor
what so great about this type of ordinary speech
come on!!!
don't be fooled
trying to change the wayward
trying to win sympathy votes
haha good try
the label on the forehead says all...

pap is the best
the rest are all pest
giphy.gif

Bestest way will be to dangle the stinking cheating Maggots in White under lamp post
The next bestest thing will be to vote everyone of those PAP bastards in white out out out

UNDER THE FUCKING PAP, SINKIES ARE 4TH CLASS CITIZENS IN THEIR OWN LAND STOLEN FROM THEM BY PAP
PAPs ARE THE 2ND CLASS CITIZENS WITH THE LEE FAMILY AS THE FIRST CLASS ARISTOCRAZIES

FTs ARE TAKEN IN AS THE 3RD CLASS CITIZENS KICKING SINKIES INTO 4TH CLASS AND SINKIES GOOD ONLY TO GO
HEAD DOWN DOWN AND ARSEHOLES UP HIGH HIGH TO BE FUCKED AND TIEWED BY PAPs LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THEIR BANKS.

THERE IS ONLY ONE SOLUTION

THE ONLY CHANCE WE HAVE WILL BE TO DANGLE PAPs AND THEIR CRONIES TO SEE THEM DANCE UNDER THE LAMP POSTS

HISTORICALLY, PIANO WIRES WILL BE WHAT TRAITORS OF COUNTRIES DESERVED
AND WE ALL CAN SEE PAPs AS TRAITOR TO SINGAPORE AND SINGAPOREANS AND PAPs ONLY SERVE THEIR OWN NEEDS AND LAUGH ALL THE WAY TO THEIR BANKS

DANGLE ALL THOSE PAP BASTARDS AND CRONIES TO SEE THEM DANCE UNDER THE LAMP POSTS
AND TURN STINKAPORE BACK INTO SINGAPORE WHERE SINGAPOREANS ARE TREATED FIRST INSTEAD OF THE FUCKING FTs FROM FUCKED UP SCHOOLS WHERE THEY CHEAT AND CHEAT

HANG THE PAPs TO SEE THEM DANCE UNDER THE LAMP POSTS

The cronies do not get peanuts or they will not be cronies

http://sonofadud.com/2015/06/25/sin...new-how-much-singtels-ceo-was-really-getting/

Running Bitch Chua Sock Koong is not even an exceptional running bitch cum crony and she getting over 10 million a year.
What do the fucking PAPs pay their even more favourite cronies? Even morest than to bitch chua

How much do the fucking ministers pay themselves? More than they want to tell you.

ALL THAT FROM OUR FUCKING MONEY THAT THEY CREAM AND CUM THEMSELVES ON WHILE THEY GO LAUGHING ALL THE FUCKING WAY TO THEIR FUCKING BANKS
WHILE WE ALL STAND STUPIDLY IN FRONT OF A FUCKING FLAG TO MAKE OUR PLEDGES NOT KNOWING WE ALL HEAD DOWN DOWN AND ARSEHOLES UP HIGH HIGH TO BE
FUCKED AND TIEWED AND KANNED BY THEM ALL AND THEIR CRONIES

DANGLE A PAP WITH PIANO WIRE FROM ORCHARD ROAD LAMP POST
INCLUDE THEIR RUNNING DOGS AND CRONIES
NECKLACE THEM SO THEY CAN SEE LIGHT

DO THAT BEFORE THEY KILL US ALL

Hang all those PAP bastards from piano wires, upside down or right way up.

SINGAPORE FOR SINGAPOREANS
SINGAPORE NOT FOR FOREIGN TRASH BROUGHT IN DELIBERATELY BY PAPs TO DISPLACE SINGAPOREANS
FTs BROUGHT IN BY PAPs TO REDUCE THE MONEY SINGAPOREANS CAN TAKE HOME FOR THEIR FAMILIES
FTs BROUGHT IN TO DEVALUE SINGAPOREANS
PAPs THEN USING FUCKING WORDS LIKE RACISTS AND XENOPHOBES TO FURTHER KICK SINGAPOREANS IN THE TEETH
REMEMBER IT IS THE FUCKING PAPs THAT DELIBERATELY BROUGHT IN THE FTs
SO THAT LESS MONEY FOR SINGAPOREANS AND LESS MONEY TO FIGHT THE FUCKING PAPs

TO HAVE LESS JOBS AVAILABLE FOR SINGAPOREANS AS FTs WILL BE GIVEN THAT JOB PREFERENCE OVER SINGAPOREANS

PAP TIEWING AND FUCKING STINKIES FOR SMEAR OF SHIT ON SOLE OF SHOE LKY AND PAPs
A LUCRATIVE JOB FOR WHICH PAPs ARE PAID UNTIL THOSE FUCKERS CAN LAUGH ALL THE WAY TO THEIR BANKS AND BACK FROM THEIR BANKS

They continue to laugh all the way to their banks
And all the way back from their banks

HA HA HA HA
HEE HEE HEE HE HEEEE
HOO HO HOOO HO HO

Hang all those PAP bastards from piano wires, upside down or right way up.

Hang those PAP maggots cockroaches with piano wires from lamp posts to make them dance before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
BBQ those PAP maggots cockroaches before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Cut a few more arseholes into those PAP maggots cockroaches to let out their shit before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Make those PAP maggots cockroaches eat joss sticks and candle wax before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

LKY will never allow good decent people into the PAP and good decent people will not want to get into the PAP. Those in PAP are the most corrupt and moral degenerates and moral bankrupts and moral filths that are being presented to stinkaporeans as moral compasses.
None of those in PAP work for anyone but that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY, to help him hold down Singaporeans to screw and fuck hundreds of BILLIONs from us all into smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY stinkapore sovereign funds.
Maggots and cockroaches are appointed as ministers in parliament
Kangaroos are frolicking in High Court instead of being allowed to wander and roam about in the Zoo
They are there in PAP because LKY know that they are a bunch of self serving greedy bastards and scrapings of scums of society. To call them maggots cockroaches will be to insult real maggots and real cockroaches.

GET RID OF THE POISON IN SINGAPORE
HANG ALL THOSE FUCKING PAPs AND THEIR COLLABORATORS
BBQ THE BASTARD PAPs

AND SINGAPORE CAN BE AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER THAN SWITZERLAND

OR REMAIN HEAD DOWN DOWN AND ARSEHOLES UP HIGH HIGH TO BE FUCKED TO BE TIEWED TO BE KANNED BY THE PAP MAGGOTS COCKROACHES

Kill them all PAPs
Let GOD sort out the good from the really bad ones
The good PAPs can then eat joss sticks and candle wax from time to time
The bad PAPs like smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY will be raped and tiewed and kanned by legions of ghouls and demons and not ever
get time off to eat joss sticks and candle wax
And lowest scums of society known for their vicious self interest driven greed are preaching to sinkies on morality and elitism.
Those in PAP are the most corrupt and moral degenerates and moral bankrupts and moral filths that are being presented to stinkaporeans as moral compasses.
Despite the leeching and fucking of singaporeans by the cheebye PAP and LKY, Singapore still managed to survive to date.
Despite their being hung as a fucking millstones around the necks of Singaporeans and the idiocy and corrupt manipulations of PAP and LKY, Singapore still not dead yet.

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha... I had already admitted that I am a boy papee doggie so there is no need to second guess me here..
However the gong cheebyes really clueless over who the master papee doggies are..
In their primitive minds anyone with a mustache is their father... One day their father shave his mustache and they instinctly think that their father is a doggie in disguise.. Lol
Got mustache..... Father
No mustache.... Doggie

jw5

Loyal
Agree absolutely, I am enormously with you on this. :wink:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I wholly concur. Dr Chee is a worthy and deserving citizen to be an MP. He is head and shoulders above even the so-called Emeritus dunno what the fark title! If he is elected, it will surely scare the shit out of those under-performing and rear-entry MPs who have been rejected elsewhere!