• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

★ Bundesliga Season 2015-16 ★

Sturridge

Alfrescian
Loyal

jC8hok4.jpg

tRDzQJM.jpg

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Zorc ´surprised´ by Grosskreutz-Tuchel row

31 July 2015 12:16

885980header.jpg

After Thomas Tuchel criticised Kevin Grosskreutz for taking his grievances to the press, Borussia Dortmund's sporting director Michael Zorc maintains the pair are on speaking terms.

Long-serving midfielder Grosskreutz told German publication Bild on Thursday that nobody had spoken with him at Dortmund "for weeks".

Tuchel responded after his side's 1-0 UEFA Europa League victory later that day, criticising Grosskreutz's decision to speak with the media rather than discuss the issue with him.

With the 27-year-old currently injured and his future at the club reportedly in doubt, Zorc expressed his surprise at the row - stating Grosskreutz and Tuchel had been in contact during the close-season.

"I cannot understand this, we always have contact," Zorc is quoted as saying by Ruhr Nachrichten.

"I am surprised by that a lot. He [Grosskreutz] should really have said something because our coach spoke extensively with him in our training camp a few days ago.

"If he has a desire to talk, we are available to him. He should see that he comes back in shape and completes the training sessions after his injury.

"We are not pressing for a change."

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have received no offers - Guardiola

31 July 2015 12:47

885997header.jpg

Pep Guardiola says he has not received any offers to coach when his Bayern Munich contract expires at the end of the season.

The Spaniard - widely regarded as one of the best coaches in world football - has been the subject of continued links with Premier League side Manchester City.

Reports of that nature resurfaced earlier this month, with Guardiola's contract due to come to an end next June.

However, the former Barcelona boss denied the claims and also stated no decision had been made over extending his stay at the Allianz Arena.

"This is the first and last time I’ll talk about this... I have not had any offers from other clubs," Guardiola told reporters.

"I have received no offers. I have read a lot in recent months, but I want to do the best for this club.

"I have not made a decision yet as to what is best for this club. One year is a long time.

"I am not convinced whether it is right for the club if I were to extend my contract. I'll never be a problem for Bayern.

"When I reach a decision, I will talk to [Bayern bosses] Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Uli Hoeness and Matthias Sammer. A year is a long time, three years is a lifetime at a big club."

Bayern great Stefan Effenberg spoke out this week, saying he was "pretty certain" Guardiola would leave the club come the end of his deal.

"I am Bayern Munich coach and I am happy to be here," Guardiola responded.

"Maybe Stefan Effenberg, the great legend of Bayern, knows more than me. I'll call him."

Muller

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guardiola will leave Bayern in 2016, says Effenberg

pep-guardiola-fc-bayern-bundesliga-23052015_fdpbb44l8bdj1u06xza1xpjp6.jpg

By Stefan Coerts
Jul 31, 2015 07:45:17

The ex-Germany international has little doubt the Spaniard will be on the move come 2016 and feels Jurgen Klopp would be a good replacement

Former Bayern Munich midfielder Stefan Effenberg believes Pep Guardiola will leave the Bundesliga champions at the end of his contract in June 2016.

The former Barcelona coach has so far been reluctant to open talks over a new deal and has been heavily linked with a departure at the end of the season.

Manchester City are keen to lure him to the Premier League and Effenberg feels an exit next year is inevitable, adding that former Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp could be the Spaniard's replacement at the Allianz Arena.

"I am pretty certain that Guardiola will no longer be in charge of Bayern after 2016," Effenberg told Sky.

"Who could replace him? I am thinking about Jurgen Klopp. He is definitely an alternative for Guardiola in Munich."

Effenberg also briefly discussed the upcoming DFL Supercup match versus Wolfsburg and expects Bayern to be gunning for revenge after their 4-1 Bundesliga defeat last term.

"Bayern will take the game seriously. They will still be a tad annoyed that they lost 4-1. They will want to get their revenge."

FCB last won the German Supercup in 2012, when they beat Dortmund 2-1.

Alaba

Alfrescian
Loyal

Grosskreutz row 'normal' for Dortmund - Tuchel

kevin-grosskreutz-borussia-dortmund-30112014_1jr80nmxicuz41nhq1hvgtplf6.jpg

By Joe Wright
Aug 2, 2015 01:49:27

The versatile wing-back claimed the club had not spoken to him "for weeks" but his head coach says there is no issue between himself and the player

Borussia Dortmund boss Thomas Tuchel says there is nothing unusual about the row between the club and Kevin Grosskreutz.

The 27-year-old had claimed earlier this week the Dortmund hierarchy had not spoken to him "for weeks", prompting concern from sporting director Michael Zorc over the dispute brewing between the head coach and the player.

Tuchel, however, says there is no problem between himself and Grosskreutz, though he suggested the versatile wing-back should not be surprised by the club's cold shoulder given his non-commital comments over his future earlier last month.

"Everything is fine between us. His comments were not against me," Tuchel told Bild following their 2-0 win over Betis.

"However, I think it's normal that the club isn't speaking with him, as he expressed doubts even four weeks before about ever playing again.

"For now, it's also important that he trains and trains again, to catch up."

Grosskreutz missed a significant part of last season due to a serious knee injury suffered in February.

The former BVB youth player has a year to run on his current contract at Signal Iduna Park.

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guardiola: Bayern didn't play badly against Wolfsburg

pepguardiola-cropped_1v0pz1zogi31m1w0akj3zc5z1u.jpg

By Mark Doyle
Aug 2, 2015 08:04:31

The Catalan claimed the Bavarians were unlucky to have lost the DFL-Supercup for the third season in a row after Nicklas Bendtner's late heroics at the Volkswagen Arena

Pep Guardiola insisted his Bayern Munich side did not play badly in Saturday's DFL-Supercup loss to Wolfsburg, claiming that his players had done everything possible to have won the game.

After seeing his side beaten by Borussia Dortmund in the German season-opener for the past two years, the Catalan head coach finally looked set to lift the trophy at the third attempt thanks to Arjen Robben's strike just after half-time.

However, Nicklas Bendtner forced penalties with an 89th-minute equaliser before then converting the decisive spot-kick to earn Wolfsburg a 5-4 shootout success - and a first ever DFL-Supercup triumph.

Despite going so close to victory, questions were once again asked about Bayern's mental strength and defensive solidity under Guardiola but the former Barcelona boss claimed his troops had been unlucky to lose.

"It's a pity because we just had to defend for about two or three [more] minutes," the 44-year-old told reporters after the game at the Volkswagen Arena. "We haven't played badly.

"It's not easy to play against such a great team, a team that did very well last season and will play in the Champions League this season.

"Wolfsburg play very wide, have a good direct passing game and put in dangerous crosses. Obviously the Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and Champions League are more important but a trophy is a trophy. It’s a shame. We did well and made chances.

"All of my players battled away and covered lots of ground. We did everything we could to win the match, but congratulations to Wolfsburg, who also did very well.

"We will try to get here again next season by winning the championship. It goes on and on. First, the Audi Cup, then the match in the DFB-Pokal, and then the start of the Bundesliga. We now focus on the next goal."

Bayern kick off the defence of their Bundesliga title with a meeting with Hamburg at the Allianz Arena on August 14.

Ilkay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guardiola: Players must convince me, not media

pep-guardiola_1r45k44uimcek1o3zwe95egi5b.jpg

By Peter McVitie
Aug 3, 2015 17:53:21

The Bayern Munich boss took a swipe at the media after receiving criticism for his team selection and admits he does not know if he is a better coach than Jose Mourinho

Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has hit back at the media for criticising his team selection, insisting that players have to convince him that they deserve to play, not journalists.

Reports in Germany have suggested players are not entirely happy with Guardiola's style, suggesting they do not understand his methods.

The coach left Mario Gotze out of Saturday's DFL-Supercup defeat to Wolfsburg, which prompted further questions from reporters.

"We played in a competitive match, Mario Gotze did not play, you might also ask about Arjen Robben or Thomas Muller," he said. "I cannot say in every press conference why one player or another did not play.

"Only 11 can play, the players know that and the press should too. Gotze is one of my favourite players. Last season he played in all of the games except two or three.

"But they have to try and convince me on the pitch in every game, not in the past. They have to convince me, not journalists."

CE91008BE6DFEEED944D7B2A3B58F983.jpg

79E85CB440B8E3093B229FF72FF55D88.jpg

97AA9EE4DBCF4158693ADAF076A65B48.jpg

Ex-Bayern and Germany player Lothar Matthaus also took a pop at the Spaniard, claiming Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is the better coach, though Guardiola was not interested in comparing himself to his former Real Madrid rival.

"Everyone can criticise. Journalists can also criticise me. Mourinho is one of the best coaches in the world. I don’t know if I’m the best, I’m not here to be the best coach in the world, but to give the best for the team.

"If we win, they say we’re good, if we don’t win, they say the players don’t understand me, there’s drama. Everything depends on the outcome."

Guardiola's former charge at Barcelona, Pedro, has been heavily linked with a move to Manchester United, with Louis van Gaal admitting he would add a lot to the team.

And the 44-year-old believes that the winger is good enough to feature for any team in the world before discussing Bastian Schweinsteiger's move to Old Trafford.

"There is no doubt about it. He is European champion for his country, with his team he is La Liga champion. He is champion of everything. When you play lots of matches for a team such as Barca you can play in any team in the world.

"He has played in lots of positions and I wish him well, he’s a good player and a good guy.”

"Schweinsteiger, if he doesn’t have any injury problems, I am convinced will triumph and play for Manchester United. It’s a shame that in the last two years he’s had several injuries and he was not 100 per cent."

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guardiola isn't the best, Mourinho is - Matthaus

hd-jose-mourinho-chelsea_1f6qyg0khdr6e17z1ern7zp02c.jpg

By Peter McVitie
Aug 3, 2015 14:24:28

The former Bayern Munich player believes the Portuguese coach is more direct with his players and believes the Spaniard could leave the club soon

Lothar Matthaus has hailed Jose Mourinho as the best coach in the world, insisting he is better than Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola.

The Portuguese manager has won league titles with Porto, Chelsea, Inter and Real Madrid, while Guardiola oversaw the most successful spell in Barcelona's history and has won two Bundesliga titles with Bayern so far, while both coaches have lifted the Champions League twice.

The pair have been seen as the two leading coaches in football at the moment, though Matthaus believes the Chelsea boss is more advanced.

"Pep is not the best coach in the world," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "I prefer Mourinho. He is the No.1, because Mourinho is more transparent and more direct than Guardiola.

"I've been told that from the players he has coached: He tells you everything to your face."

12B68522AF67FD33DEE48C11EB27B29F.jpg

97AA9EE4DBCF4158693ADAF076A65B48.jpg

Guardiola's future at Bayern has become uncertain, with the coach tied to the club until 2016, though he admits he has not decided if he will stay.

Matthaus, though, believes the Spaniard is on his way out of the Allianz Arena in the near future and wants former Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp to replace him.

"He will go," the former Bayern player said. "What sense does it make to wait until winter to renew your contract? Either you do it now or you're going.

"I have a lot of respect for Guardiola, he has won so much, but he must be clearer. Why don't you just sign a deal? Speak clearly!

"I have a German favourite to succeed him: Klopp. There are two foreign candidates: Mourinho, but he will not leave Chelsea, and Carlo Ancelotti."

The 54-year-old former Germany international also touched on Bayern's Mario Gotze and Schalke youngster Julian Draxler, both of whom he does not believe have the mentality required to reach the top level.

"They are good, young and technically sound, but they do not have the character of a champion.

"There is always something missing for them to be at 100 per cent. If you're Götze and not playing, then go to the coach and he puts you on. But he does not do that.

"The two are not guys like Carlos Tevez, Andrea Pirlo or Arturo Vidal."

Ibisevic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Watzke: Tuchel a Dortmund target since 2009

thomas-tuchel-borussia-dortmund_g17z4im7be8610hqaxds2y910.jpg

By Miles Chambers
Aug 3, 2015 11:44:40

The Signal Iduna Park chief has revealed the club's new coach has been on BVB's radar since he defeated the club's youth side with Mainz six years ago

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke says Thomas Tuchel has been a managerial target for the club since 2009.

Jurgen Klopp successfully coached BVB to two Bundesliga titles, one DFB-Pokal trophy and a Champions League final during his seven years at the Signal Iduna Park, but parted ways with the club this summer after seventh-placed league finish.

But Watzke claims BVB had been considering Tuchel as a future coach since he guided Mainz's youth side to a cup final victory over Dortmund in 2009, and he is delighted the squad are responding well to his methods.

"Dortmund's curiosity has been aroused again," the club chief told Kicker. "When I see how meticulously Tuchel prepares his training and how much effort he puts into his work, it compels my respect.

"We've had his name shortlisted as a potential coach since 2009. We clearly had the better players on paper in the Rheinhessen junior final, but Tuchel was the reason that Mainz won that day.

"I knew already that suggestions he is difficult to work with were simply not true. I'd rather have a tough coach at the helm because I wouldn't want someone to be relaxed and positive if the defeats are piling up. Tuchel's extremely ambitious."

Dortmund have won their last four matches – including a 2-0 result against 2014-15 Champions League finalists Juventus – and continue their pre-season campaign on Thursday against Wolfsberger.

Tuchel's men lead the Europa League third-round qualifier 1-0 having played the away leg against Austrian opposition last week.

Muller

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dante returns to Bayern training

dante-fc-bayern-munchen-04042015_jc334he3zn5j109hxh8vgg52z.jpg

By Mark Doyle
Aug 4, 2015 14:21:44

The Brazil international has yet to play any part in the Bavarians' pre-season programme but is now approaching full fitness ahead of the club's Bundesliga opener on August 14

Bayern Munich have received a boost ahead of the start of the Bundesliga season with the return of Dante to full training.

The Brazil international has yet to feature in the Bavarians' pre-season fixtures, having picked up a muscle injury on his summer holiday.

However, centre-half Dante spent 45 minutes training alongside his team-mates in Munich on Tuesday before then continuing his rehabilitation with a one-on-one session with fitness coach Andreas Kornmayer on an adjacent pitch.

Bayern also confirmed that winger Franck Ribery, midfielder Javi Martinez and defenders Holger Badstuber and Jan Kirchhoff remain "on the injury list".

The German champions played their first competitive fixture of the 2015-16 campaign on Saturday, losing 5-4 on penalties to Wolfsburg after drawing 1-1 after 90 minutes.

Pep Guardiola's men, who kick off the defence of their Bundesliga title at home to Hamburg on August 14, face AC Milan in a friendly at the Allianz Arena on Tuesday.

Neuer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gotze and Draxler aren't champions like Tevez, Pirlo and Vidal - Matthaus

only-germany-mario-gotze-julian-draxler-germany_1s8fv3hqlna8f1st26mxqf7f2y.jpg

Rupert Fryer
Aug 4, 2015 11:26:33

The former Germany international says his two countrymen are technically blessed but lack the resolve possessed by the men they've been tipped to replace

Former Germany international Lothar Matthaus says Mario Gotze and Julian Draxler do not have the "character of champions" to replace Andrea Pirlo, Carlos Tevez and Arturo Vidal at Juventus.

The Serie A champions face the prospect of replacing three of their best players after Tevez joined Boca, Pirlo went to MLS and Vidal joined Bayern Munich this summer.

Schalke star Draxler and Bayern forward Gotze are top of the Old Lady’s shopping list, but Matthaus believes the pair would prove less than adequate replacements in Turin.

"They're good, young, technical. But they do not have the character of champions,” the former Germany international told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“They are always missing something to reach 100 per cent. If you are Gotze and you are not playing, you go up to the coach and impose yourself. But that does not happen. They are not like Tevez, Pirlo and Vidal.”

The 1990 World Cup-winner went on to warn coach Massimiliano Allegri that he will have to alter his team’s style of play given the type of players they have brought in.

“Juve will have to change the style of play considerably. They were looking for a director of play in place of Pirlo, but got Khedira, who is already injured, and not that kind of player anyway.

“Mario Mandzukic is not Tevez and Vidal is a great loss. I like him a lot, he will make a difference for Bayern. He is a leader, he attacks and defends. He is intelligent and also knows how to manage himself.

“In the final in Berlin [against Barcelona] he seemed destined to be sent off immediately, but he made it to the end of the game.”

Former Bayern and Inter star Matthaus also added his belief that the only reason Khedira joined the club was because he was cast off by Real Madrid.

“Khedira came to Turin because Real Madrid do not want him anymore. Otherwise you would not have ever seen him in Serie A.”

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Leno hints at Leverkusen exit

4 August 2015 09:54

887951header.jpg

Bernd Leno is eager to play for a top international club outside the Bundesliga but maintains he is happy at Bayer Leverkusen for the time being.

The 23-year-old goalkeeper has impressed at the BayArena since moving from Stuttgart in 2011 and was linked with a move to Spanish giants Real Madrid last season.

Leverkusen extended Leno's deal in 2013, ensuring he remains under contract until 2018.

However, Leno maintains he would welcome a move to one of Europe's top clubs at some stage in his career.

"I have big goals. I would also like to win titles," he told Sport Bild.

"Leverkusen are a top club in Germany, I feel very comfortable here and I have a contract until 2018.

"But of course there is the desire of every player during his career to play for a top international club."

Alaba

Alfrescian
Loyal

Klopp suited to Bayern job - Watzke

4 August 2015 17:26

888127header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund's CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke believes former coach Jurgen Klopp would make an ideal appointment for Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.

Klopp departed Signal iduna Park at the end of last term following seven successful years in which Dortmund regularly battled Bayern at the top of the German game.

Dortmund got the better of Bayern to clinch back-to-back titles in 2011 and 2012 before the Bavarian giants scooped three successive German crowns.

With Guardiola rumoured to be a target for Manchester City when his contract expires in 2016, Watzke told the Rheinische Post: "Jurgen Klopp is a candidate for every top club.

"Klopp and Bayern would be 100 per cent suitable. You can't do much wrong at Bayern anyway - they win the Bundesliga whatever happens.

"Our friendship would not suffer."

The relationship between the clubs has been fractious over recent seasons on and off the field - with Bayern's signings of former Dortmund pair Robert Lewandowski and Mario Gotze fuelling their rivalry.

The clubs also clashed over the future of Marco Reus but Watzke claims there is a mutual respect between him and former Bayern president Uli Hoeness - currently serving a prison sentence for tax evasion.

"Basically I have always been good at arguing the point with him," Watzke added.

"That was probably very entertaining for many but when we met, it was always with respect and a clear understanding."

Sahin

Alfrescian
Loyal

'Buy Bayern kit or go to jail' - German judge's unique sentence to assaulters

1741582_heroa.jpg

By Miles Chambers
Aug 5, 2015 15:35:00

Faced with the possibility of 15 months imprisoned for attacking a rival fan, two football fans did the unthinkable

Diehard Real Madrid fans buying Barcelona kits, Liverpool supporters shopping in Manchester United's superstore, Roma ultras spending their hard-earned cash on a Lazio shirt... it's all very hard to imagine.

But a judge in Germany told two 1860 Munich fans to do just that by telling them that they must either buy the Bayern Munich supporter they attacked new club memorabilia or face up to 15 months in jail!

Munich district court house Judge Karin Jung was adjudicating on a case in which three 1860 supporters (two of whom were being charged) were alleged to have assaulted a Bayern fan by tearing off his jacket, shirt and straw hat, leaving him half naked.

"The two accused appeared very confident the trial would end in their favour," Jung, who is an 1860 Munich supporter, told Bild. "They showed no remorse, cast aside a confession chance and would not name the other perpetrators.

"It was like a highway robbery from the Middle Ages. I wanted to give a judgement that football is football, it's not a battlefield.

"I was thinking, 'what would really hurt a football fan?'. And these measures were what I came up with."

The lawyer defending the two unnamed 1860 supporters stressed that his clients had given a total of €1,000 to the victim in addition to fully kitting out the Bayern fan they attacked as they did not want to be imprisoned for 15 months without parole.

"My clients have already apologised to the Bayern fan and paid him €500 each for his pain and suffering," Gunter Reisinger said. "They even bought him the full Bayern jersey, a scarf and a new hat, all of which cost up to €100.

"There are not two hardcore football fans who would prefer to go to jail than buy kit from the Bayern shop. For my clients it was that or face the maximum penalty."

The unique decision was only possible because the victim consented to the judgement and, on Tuesday, he was handed his brand new Bayern clothing by the newly convicted criminals in court.

Ibisevic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Beware of Leverkusen, says Kiessling

5 August 2015

888402header.jpg

Bayer Leverkusen striker Stefan Kiessling is convinced his team will be a force in Bundesliga this coming season, despite a number of departures.

The likes of Gonzalo Castro, Josip Drmic, Stefan Reinartz and Simon Rolfes have left the club since the end of 2014-15, raising doubts over Leverkusen's hopes for another top-four finish.

But Germany international Kiessling has warned against underestimating Leverkusen, who have recruited Admir Mehmedi, Jonathan Tah and Andre Ramalho, while Kyriakos Papadopoulos signed a permanent deal after spending last season on loan at the BayArena from Schalke.

"It's definitely a big loss, not only sporting but also on a human level because they are three top characters," Kiessling told Bundesliga.com, when asked about Castro, Reinartz and Rolfes.

"But football's like this, people come and people go. What's more important is that those brought in fit in.

"We've got many very young players who have an incredible amount of potential. If they succeed in proving their potential, then I'm convinced we're going to have a competitive squad."

While Kiessling is bullish about Leverkusen's chances this term, the 31-year-old knows reigning champions Bayern Munich remain the team to beat.

"There are going to be plenty of sides jostling for the sought-after Champions League slots," he added.

"I think Borussia Monchengladbach will have another good season, Schalke have strengthened and [Borussia] Dortmund are going to come back too. Then there's Wolfsburg, of course, and we're there still too.

"But let's not beat about the bush – a heck of a lot has got to go wrong for Bayern, and conversely so much has got to go right for their rivals, for the title not to end up in Munich.

"We'll definitely give it our best shot, and I'm convinced we'll be up there among the leading sides again."

Philipp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bremen complete Johannsson swoop

5 August 2015

888589header.jpg

Werder Bremen have completed the signing of United States international Aron Johannsson from AZ.

Johannsson moved to the Eredivisie in January 2013 and has scored 29 goals in 60 league appearances for the club.

The 24-year-old striker, who has scored four goals in 17 appearances for USA, will now continue his career in the Bundesliga after signing a four-year deal with Bremen.

"This is the right step to move forward in my development," Johannsson told Bremen's official website.

"Werder Bremen is a great club where I will do my utmost to develop myself and to make my contribution to the team's success."

Muller

Alfrescian
Loyal

Image rights scupper Boateng´s Sporting move

5 August 2015

888652header.jpg

Kevin-Prince Boateng's proposed move from Schalke to Sporting Lisbon has broken down because of a disagreement over the player's image rights.

The Ghana international was suspended indefinitely by his club, alongside Sidney Sam, following a Bundesliga defeat to Cologne in May.

Sam has since been welcomed back into the squad, but Boateng looked certain to join the 18-time Portuguese champions following negotiations this week.

However, Sporting confirmed on Wednesday that talks had fallen through due to failing to agree personal terms.

"Sporting Clube de Portugal, Futebol, SAD, announces that after negotiations with Kevin-Prince Boateng, it was not possible to agree on his image rights," read a statement.

"Sporting SAD wishes Boateng both personal and professional happiness."

Ibisevic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wolfsburg: De Bruyne won't see out deal

hdp-kevin-de-bruyne-wolfsburg_woxagkh46ino1mo6mbz5riq6a.jpg

By Peter McVitie
Aug 7, 2015 08:59:37

The club's sporting director admits it will be tough for them to keep their star man until his contract runs out in 2019

Wolfsburg sporting director Klaus Allofs has admitted it is unlikely Kevin de Bruyne will still be at the club when his contract ends in 2019.

After an impressive campaign in the Bundesliga, the Belgium international has been linked with a move to Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain this summer.

Allofs has already said De Bruyne is "99.9 per cent" likely to stay, but is realistic over his long-term future.

"If the contract would run only until 2017 - then it would be decisive," he admitted to WAZ. "But we are honest: it is rather unlikely that he will stay with us until 2019.

"So the length of the deal does not play any major role. Of course I hope that we develop internationally so that elsewhere there are not many better opportunities for a player to improve."

The midfielder has said he will not force Wolfsburg to sell him and Allofs doesn't expect him to hand in a transfer request.

"Kevin has not yet come to me and I'm also assuming that he will not come."