• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is she a loyal sinkie trying to sell out sinkieland?

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is an article which should set locals thinking about how the island is now heading for disaster when the writer, certainly an imported sinkie, proposed allowing imported sinkies to hold dual or even triple shitizenship.... Read on and if your blood does not boil, you are not a true local sinkie....

The two faces of a Singaporean.....

JULY 19 — There are currently over 540,000 Permanent Residents (PRs) in Singapore.
Over the past 20 years or so, somewhere in the range of 150,000 to 300,000 foreign citizens have been naturalised as Singaporeans.

Given this island has a total full-time resident population of about 3.8 million, about 25 per cent of us are — or were until quite recently — foreigners.

This is not to include the over 1.5 million non-permanent-resident foreigners who are also domiciled here — students, domestic workers, foreigners employed locally — who make up the rest of the island’s total 5.3 million population.

What this all means is that at a very rough guess, natural-born Singaporeans comprise about 2.5 to 3 million of the population and foreign-born residents about the same — so it’s broadly 50/50 (again, this is my estimate).

Immigration is deep-rooted in this country’s DNA so what we must do is manage it so it contributes to the nation without diluting and destroying our basic identity.

This, of course, is much easier said than done — but a good start I believe would be a reassessment of the government’s attitude towards dual citizenship.

There are no exceptions. Now this isn’t entirely unusual as many countries do not permit dual citizenship. However, given Singapore’s position as an open economy, and entrepot it is somewhat at odds with our reputation for pragmatism.

With a large foreign-born population, an economy dependent on foreign labour and the simple fact that one in four Singaporeans now marries a foreigner, more flexibility with citizenship is beginning to look like a good option.

On the other hand, natural-born Singaporeans who emigrate or marry foreigners should be allowed to retain their citizenship on acquiring foreign nationality. This would allow the increasing number of Singaporeans who leave for any number of reasons to maintain their connection with the land of their birth and also extend that option to their children.

Personally, I am married to foreigner who is a citizen of two countries and any future children (hypothetical offspring for now) will in theory have a choice of three citizenships. I would like one of these to be Singaporean. To me, being Singaporean is an authentic, unique and deep identity — one my children and hopefully their children will choose to retain...

The writer is clearly championing for foreigners to hold dual/triple shitizenship when they are granted imported shitizenship. Where is their loyalty to the island?

If the pappies do not take action to revoke the shitizneship of this imported rubbish, there is no future for the country.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are not called new shitizens for no reason. See what happens as more and more of them infiltrate into the various machinery of civil service, GLC and PA.:biggrin: Jiuhu kias, piny, prc, abnn and all:o

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good what.............so i can be triple citizen of S'pore..............Zimbabwe............and Bangladesh..........

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Farking PApig is hesitating to allow dual citizenship becos of NSF. These jiak leow bee $million ministers cannot or dare not bring up or change the system for better becos of Leeigme threat and intimidation when challenged.

Only when incompetence Pinky is either sack by voters or ask to resign by his party Singapore will see changes to NSF and dual citizenship.

All thing point to the voters to decide what they want for Singapore, it is either status quo Singapore must replace PAP.

This is an article which should set locals thinking about how the island is now heading for disaster when the writer, certainly an imported sinkie, proposed allowing imported sinkies to hold dual or even triple shitizenship.... Read on and if your blood does not boil, you are not a true local sinkie....

The writer is clearly championing for foreigners to hold dual/triple shitizenship when they are granted imported shitizenship. Where is their loyalty to the island?

If the pappies do not take action to revoke the shitizneship of this imported rubbish, there is no future for the country.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok, my blood is boiling, im going to f*ck a Pinoy pro and follow that up with a PRC pro... Helloo Monday!!!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this sinkie red passport is a useless piece of shit,i want to lelong it away for five thousand dollars any takers?