• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gay Loong asks young sinkies to "chase that rainbow", he think they r Gays like him?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
PM Lee urges young Singaporeans to take heart in their future

'I hope young people - who are worried about the future, who are sometimes beset by angst, who are anxious that life has become harder - take heart. Chase that rainbow,' says Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Thursday (Jul 16) urged young Singaporeans to take heart in their future and chase their own rainbows.

He was speaking at the launch of the English edition of the book "Chasing Rainbows”, originally written in Chinese by veteran TV producer Choo Lian Liang.

Mr Lee said the book showed how earlier generations chased their dreams and left something lasting and valuable for their children, their country and the future.

He said he hopes that many more Singaporeans, especially the young, will read the English translation and be inspired to find out more about their family histories, and the efforts of earlier generations in building the Singapore of today.

Mr Lee said: "Knowing what our parents and grandparents went through puts our own lives in perspective. Young people I meet today sometimes tell me that they're anxious about their future. I find this worrying. Because if we look at Singapore today, we are at a much higher level than before.

“We have so much more than what our parents and grandparents had. So, I hope young people - who are worried about the future, who are sometimes beset by angst, who are anxious that life has become harder - take heart. Chase that rainbow. Be inspired by this book. Do well, and do us all proud."

The book begins with Mdm Choo’s great-grandfather in China in the late 1890s. It tells of the family's fortunes as they sought a better life in then-Malaya and Singapore.

It was translated by Mdm Choo's daughter, Minister of State for Education and Communications and Information, Sim Ann, to reach a wider audience.

Ms Sim said: "This is a story that would have resonance with many Singaporean families, because they may have experienced something similar, or heard of something similar. But I think it is a story that is seldom told in this form, and I hope that readers will enjoy it and find something familiar in it.

"The translation I did is actually more of a retelling of the original story in English because I feel that to appeal to English readers - in terms of pacing and clarity - quite a number of adjustments need to be made. I am very glad that my mother, who also happens to be the author of the original version, gave me full rein to make adjustments as I saw fit.”

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Gay Loong asks young sinkies to "chase that rainbow", he think they r Gays like h

they all can chase the rainbow in castro, gay district of sf. it has its own flag and pink building.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Gay Loong asks young sinkies to "chase that rainbow", he think they r Gays like h

even crosswalks at castro are in rainbow colors.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

and they have pretty much taken over city hall in sf. rainbow everywhere. cum cum.

image.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

You say chase dream still ok knnbccb Hsien Loong want to chase an illusive rainbow like you telling someone there's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Stupid useless PM.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

You say chase dream still ok knnbccb Hsien Loong want to chase an illusive rainbow like you telling someone there's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Stupid useless PM.

Ya! We fill the pot of gold that now belongs to the FAMILEE.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

yeah rite...early generation build the cuntry so tat pappies can draw millions...and our generation get to see de rainbow our early generation build r filled up with ft...:oIo:

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rainbow means God's covenant and promise to mankind as in book of Genesis!

It actually means hope!

Only Gays and Buddhists change it to suit their own purposes!

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal

halo jas join pee eh pee si boh

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lee Hsien Loong, you've been making these feel-good, future-oriented visionary motherhood statements since 2004.

Nothing has changed. I hope no one is taken in by your hollow rhetoric. :rolleyes:

gemnftposter.jpg

jw5

Loyal

Sometimes he wishes he had chased his rainbow and is a mathematician married to a chiobu. :o:biggrin:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sometimes he wishes he had chased his rainbow and is a mathematician married to a chiobu. :o:biggrin:

What chiobu? It's married to a macho Mary.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

as if, he has had never chased his own rainbow before , why listen to a hypocrite like him. Who will believe this double headed snake jiak leow bee person?

Tell him to show us he has had chased his own rainbow before to prove he is capable of winning his own election standing in a smc ward than given to lead from a sliver plate and take instructions from his old fart.

We are just waiting for him to do this one simple Thing to prove he can fight a good GE himself by standing in a smc ward.

Pinky, don't hide behind GRC please, learn from Wooden Goh. At least Wooden Goh are smart enough to know he has to do it for his own name sake.

When a leopard dies it leave behind its skin. When a man dies he leave behind his name.

PM Lee urges young Singaporeans to take heart in their future

'I hope young people - who are worried about the future, who are sometimes beset by angst, who are anxious that life has become harder - take heart. Chase that rainbow,' says Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Thursday (Jul 16) urged young Singaporeans to take heart in their future and chase their own rainbows.

"The translation I did is actually more of a retelling of the original story in English because I feel that to appeal to English readers - in terms of pacing and clarity - quite a number of adjustments need to be made. I am very glad that my mother, who also happens to be the author of the original version, gave me full rein to make adjustments as I saw fit.”

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Limpeh been chasing that rainbow since a kid in sinkie land without success; it is still far away. Now, the chasing is getting more difficult as foreigners imported into the island as new shitizens are given help by pappies to chase it too.

LHL did not know hardship about chasing that rainbow; the rainbow was brought down to his hands, and if he wanted, he could have more than one rainbow.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

agree, Pinky is hollow when come to inspiration talk.

He is never chased his own rainbow but he was the tool for his father to chase his (father) own rainbow. The final nail in the coffin for old fart is to glory himself to die like a king and he had nailed it.

A BG in the army for 1 year only? come to think of it I worry for myself if there is a war back then and you have an inexperienced BG is in command to lead the battle? Chey! si leow loh 死了啊。

Limpeh been chasing that rainbow since a kid in sinkie land without success; it is still far away. Now, the chasing is getting more difficult as foreigners imported into the island as new shitizens are given help by pappies to chase it too.

LHL did not know hardship about chasing that rainbow; the rainbow was brought down to his hands, and if he wanted, he could have more than one rainbow.

Last edited:

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mr Lee said the book showed how earlier generations chased their dreams and left something lasting and valuable for their children, their country and the future.

What they left behind is now being destroyed through mass immigration of foreigners who parachuted into the country, no sweat, no tears or any efforts made to build up the island.

They just walked in, got the Ass-Pee-R and then shitizenship, and worst of all, some foreigners got their Ass-Pee-R and shitzenship by using bogus academic qualifications, fake degrees, toilet degrees, and false CV.

The sinkies' forefathers who built up the country with their sweat and tears would be turning in their graves or their urns if they had known how their descendants are also now facing stiff competition from foreign "invaders" for jobs, Govt housing and a host of other services in the country. And yet, LHL could still ask youngsters to chase that rainbow. Is he a dreamer?

If the pappies had made life easier for sinkies without stressing them out with allowing millions of foreigners into the island, then by looking at the rainbow, not chasing it, would be enough for local born sinkies.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mr Lee said: "....Young people I meet today sometimes tell me that they're anxious about their future. I find this worrying. Because if we look at Singapore today, we are at a much higher level than before.

Higher level than before...how? Materialistically, infra-structurally and more crowded with foreigners, certainly yes. But are local sinkies happy?

If those sinkies were happy in the country which had ascended to a much higher level than before, the WP would not have had that chance to topple Georgie Yeo in Aljunied GRC. Come to think of it, LHL did not want to accept the truth....which is sinkies are fed up with the pappies.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pinky, don't hide behind GRC please, learn from Wooden Goh. At least Wooden Goh are smart enough to know he has to do it for his own name sake.

Pappies created GRC to perpetuate their hold on power...no Minister would dare to stand in any SMC...don't believe? Just watch next GE. Now all current Cabinet ministers will still hide in GRC...united they stand, divided they fall.

Georgie Boy anticipated that he could makan Aljunied GRC when the last GE was first called. When he saw the mammoth crowd at WP rallies, he knew his balls would be roasted. To make his balls extra crispy, LKY said the residents would have to repent if they voted in the WP. The end result? Georgie Boy's ball not only crispy, but became chow tar.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal

What Does the Rainbow Mean for Gays?
by Dieudonne Tamfu
Desiring GodToday, 2:25 AM
What Does the Rainbow Mean for Gays?
What do you think of when you see the rainbow flag?

Most likely, you think of homosexuality or of the wider LGBT movement. Gilbert Baker, the man credited with pioneering the celebratory rainbow flag flying over the gay movement, recently lauded his craft, noting that it’s something beautiful. He answers those who think it’s not, saying, “The rainbow’s in the Bible. It’s a covenant between God and all living creatures.” According to Baker, the God of the Bible knows the struggle of gays and lesbians, and that is where he finds hope.

God does indeed know the internal and social battles of gays and lesbians, but the question is, does he approve of their practice? Would God approve of their use of the rainbow to symbolize this movement?

The Supreme Court’s decision on gay “marriage” has made the rainbow symbol ubiquitous. Those who celebrate so-called same sex marriage are painting social media with rainbow colors. Even the White House was lit up the with red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.

God designed the rainbow to symbolize something far greater and far more glorious than homosexuality, and if homosexuals truly understood the symbol they are waving in their hands they would experience true freedom and peace.

What the Bible Says About Rainbows

Throughout Scripture, the rainbow symbolizes God’s glory — the radiance of his beauty, holiness, and perfection.

Like the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud on the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness all around. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell on my face.” (Ezekiel 1:28)

And he who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian, and around the throne was a rainbow that had the appearance of an emerald.” (Revelation 4:3)

Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven, wrapped in a cloud, with a rainbow over his head, and his face was like the sun, and his legs like pillars of fire.” (Revelation 10:1)

None of us have beheld God’s glory with our eyes. The rainbow gives us a picture of the beauty believers will will see when God comes again to live on the earth and to fill it with his glory (Habakkuk 2:14). In that day the lofty pride of all men, including gay pride, will be brought low, and the Lord alone will be gloriously exalted.

In Scripture, the rainbow also displays God’s grace towards all humanity. When God enters into covenant with Noah, after destroying the sinful world with the flood, he vows that he will never again destroy the world in that way.

God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh. And the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant that I have established between me and all flesh that is on the earth.” (Genesis 9:12–17)

To this day, the rainbow symbolizes that promise. According to Genesis 9, as long as the rainbow hangs in the sky, God will mercifully and graciously restrain his anger towards humanity.

What the Rainbow Says to Homosexuals — and Everyone Else

God is patient. The fact that he has refrained from sending another flood to destroy the world does not mean that he accepts homosexual practices, or any other kind of sin. God’s covenant with creatures and the rainbow in our sky do not mean that sinners have nothing to fear. Rather, this kind of mercy shows us that God is patiently waiting for all, including homosexuals, to believe. God’s gracious display of patience is meant to lead to repentance from sin (Romans 2:4), not celebration of sin.

Let us not be deceived. If God put a rainbow in the sky to symbolize the constraint of his anger, then he is still angry, and justly so because men are still sinners, as they were before the flood. One day, his anger will be restrained no more. The sky with its rainbows will be rolled up as a scroll, and our King Jesus will come from heaven in vengeance to defeat all of his enemies. And who are Christ’s enemies but those who oppose the gospel and live lawless lives, scorning their Maker?

Let us, therefore, pray that the rainbow would point the gay community to God’s grace, glory, and patience, and that God would bring them to repentance. Let us pray that homosexuals would look past the rainbow to the final solution for God’s anger towards sin. Christ’s atoning death on the cross appeases God’s anger forever, so that everyone who believes in Jesus is holy and blameless in God’s sight.

The next time you see a rainbow flag, think of this. One day soon, God’s glory, now seen dimly in the rainbow, will be fully revealed and draw everyone to worship. God’s glory will fill the earth. The glory of the LGBT movement will soon fade, but God’s glory and love toward those forgiven by faith in Jesus will last forever.