• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Investing in Overseas Properties

darkdevil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone has experience or knowledge in investing in overseas properties? Care to share? Thinking of investing in one

firefly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investing in overseas properties is never easy but it does offer great value if you intend to diversify your investment portfolios.

That being said, you will need to do your in-depth research of the property that you are interested in and the regulations governing property ownership in that particular country since regulations may be different across different countries. What I can suggest is that, find yourself a reliable and experienced real estate agent who can offer first hand information of the property and guide you through the buying process.

Anyway, this is what I feel that is important when making the decision to invest in overseas properties;

1) Location of the Property - this will determine the future capital appreciation value and rental yield
2) Currency that the property is trading in - important if you are looking to leverage on FX
3) Surrounds Facilities and Amenities
4) Developer
5) Other costs such as capital gain tax when you sell which will affect your profits
6) Rules and Regulations governing the property in the country

There are some overseas properties in Australia, Cambodia and UK which is think in this moment offers great value.

Just my 2 cents worth of opinion;

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone has experience or knowledge in investing in overseas properties? Care to share? Thinking of investing in one

Which country ?
1. Know the regulations
2. Know the costs in purchase, in rental, in selling
3. Know and see the area
4.Who will manage your property?
5. How to finance ? Their interest can be very high.
6. Consider Reits.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which country ?
1. Know the regulations
2. Know the costs in purchase, in rental, in selling
3. Know and see the area
4.Who will manage your property?
5. How to finance ? Their interest can be very high.
6. Consider Reits.

Interest rates in overseas eg Australia and London very low just like in Spore, maybe 1.5 to 2% nia.
But prices very high also like Singapore psf.
There are letting agents there, normally their management fees is 10% of rentals. They oso can do furnishings for you.
Very very important is go there, feel the air, feel the neighbourhoods before you buy off plans. Agents tell you cock and bull stories, take 50% discount.
Absolutely extremely important is the EXIT strategy. Some can go in, cannot come out. Shake hard also cannot.
So before careful b4 you plomb.

And..one more thing...I bet 5 more posts, this thread would be deleted by moderators, if not my posts will be. Shh..they dun like me la.

firefly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interest rates in overseas eg Australia and London very low just like in Spore, maybe 1.5 to 2% nia.
There are letting agents there, normally their management fees is 10% of rentals. They oso can do furnishings for you.
Very very important is go there, feel the air, feel the neighbourhoods before you buy off plans. Agents tell you cock and bull stories, take 50% discount.
Absolutely extremely important is the EXIT strategy. Some can go in, cannot come out. Shake hard also cannot.

And..one more thing...I bet 5 more posts, this thread would be deleted by moderators, if not my posts will be. Shh..they dun like me la.

Investing in REITS can be an option, it will really depend how you are looking to build your investment portfolios. REITS offers a stable return over time compared to owning a property where you are looking at both the rental yield and the capital appreciation of the property.

Eventually it will fall back to the higher risk you take, the more returns you are expected to get back.

That being said, it is really important to have an exit strategy so it is better to invest in a property that is located in the prime location (near transport network, near the city area etc). I have a friend who recommended me a London Property - Royal Wharf London. If you interested, can just make a reference of it.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't worry tekkun. As long as you learn to behave yourself here and don't be rude, no one will delete your posting. You are doing well so far....:biggrin:

firefly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the advice will take into consideration.

Can I ask your views on Royal Wharf London. My friend highly recommended this London Property. And also this The Peak Cambodia, an upcoming Cambodia Launch, which he says it is worth a look.

Thank you

Royal Wharf London seems like a good investment given its location. It is located within major transport networks in London such as the tube stations and the upcoming Cross rail stations due to be in operation in 2017-2018 and the London City Airport. Property prices tend to appreciate more if they are located near to the major transport networks. Since everyone would prefer to have some means of transport expect the demand for such property to go up. It is interesting to read that it actually has an exclusive clubhouse within the development that offers gym facilities, swimming pool etc. As far as I know, it is quite rare to have such clubhouse in London. Another enticing aspect is the upcoming development of Asian Business Port. This should increase the tenant pool and make it easier for you to lease out your apartments. If you looking to invest in London, maybe you can consider this as one the potential choice of investment.

As for the Peak Cambodia, I believe the quantum should be much lower than Royal Wharf London. The location seems attractive as it located near to the upcoming Shangri-La development, Nagaworld Casio and the Aeon Mall. So tenant pool should not be an issue. The Developer - Oxley which is Singapore main-board listed should add some credential to development. Cant give much advice on other stuffs yet since it has not launched yet and some details are not revealed yet.
Suggest you register your interest to understand more on this launch - no harm going haha...

Just my view for your reference.

darkdevil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Royal Wharf London seems like a good investment given its location. It is located within major transport networks in London such as the tube stations and the upcoming Cross rail stations due to be in operation in 2017-2018 and the London City Airport. Property prices tend to appreciate more if they are located near to the major transport networks. Since everyone would prefer to have some means of transport expect the demand for such property to go up. It is interesting to read that it actually has an exclusive clubhouse within the development that offers gym facilities, swimming pool etc. As far as I know, it is quite rare to have such clubhouse in London. Another enticing aspect is the upcoming development of Asian Business Port. This should increase the tenant pool and make it easier for you to lease out your apartments. If you looking to invest in London, maybe you can consider this as one the potential choice of investment.

As for the Peak Cambodia, I believe the quantum should be much lower than Royal Wharf London. The location seems attractive as it located near to the upcoming Shangri-La development, Nagaworld Casio and the Aeon Mall. So tenant pool should not be an issue. The Developer - Oxley which is Singapore main-board listed should add some credential to development. Cant give much advice on other stuffs yet since it has not launched yet and some details are not revealed yet.
Suggest you register your interest to understand more on this launch - no harm going haha...

Just my view for your reference.

Thanks for your valuable insights. New to real estate investing but nevertheless believe it is a good way to build your wealth so likely to invest in one.
Will be going down to sales gallery before making the decision though Royal Wharf London seems really a good investment.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your valuable insights. New to real estate investing but nevertheless believe it is a good way to build your wealth so likely to invest in one.
Will be going down to sales gallery before making the decision though Royal Wharf London seems really a good investment.

Take a flight to London, take the DLR train towards London City Airport, Royal Wharf is near there.
See the place first if you like what you see.

darkdevil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take a flight to London, take the DLR train towards London City Airport, Royal Wharf is near there.
See the place first if you like what you see.

Planning to do that as well :smile: Will share what I see there after I come back from the trip!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry tekkun. As long as you learn to behave yourself here and don't be rude, no one will delete your posting. You are doing well so far....:biggrin:

Wah....damn lucky Moderator ASUSGUY no delete my post. I must be behaving good tolay.

huatgugu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish i am a moderator and taiko here but too bad i am not. However, nice that the forum now is really "moderated" to avoid some troublemakers turning it into their playground. :wink:
You are the ultimate hypocrite who defend RF when others mentioned negative facts about it, and yet have the bloody cheek to talk cork here. This forum is now manipulated by you. Bloody idiot cslong! Continue to delete my posts and I will continue to post. I urged all to avoid this forum totally and let it rot for cslong and his clones to infest. Hopeless idiot. Hahaha cheers :smile:

firefly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the advice will take into consideration.

Can I ask your views on Royal Wharf London. My friend highly recommended this London Property. And also this The Peak Cambodia, an upcoming Cambodia Launch, which he says it is worth a look.

Thank you

Just to share;

Happened to came across an article in the newspaper. Apparently, the Peak Cambodia is the second integrated development by Oxley Holdings and Cambodia Worldbridge following successful launch of the Bridge Cambodia (Residential tower were fully sold out). It will be located at the heart of the CBD area in Cambodia facing the Mekong river with major malls and embassies within walking distance away. And, Shangri-La Hotel will be joint with the Peak Cambodia by the shopping mall below.

Seems like The Peak Cambodia will be a big hit as well.

darkdevil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to share;

Happened to came across an article in the newspaper. Apparently, the Peak Cambodia is the second integrated development by Oxley Holdings and Cambodia Worldbridge following successful launch of the Bridge Cambodia (Residential tower were fully sold out). It will be located at the heart of the CBD area in Cambodia facing the Mekong river with major malls and embassies within walking distance away. And, Shangri-La Hotel will be joint with the Peak Cambodia by the shopping mall below.

Seems like The Peak Cambodia will be a big hit as well.

Location seems to be good. How is property market in Cambodia?
Any information that I can make reference to.

Thanks

darkdevil

Alfrescian
Loyal
May i know why you did not consider to invest in Johor Bahru?

The property market in Johor Bahru is too saturated at this point in time. Unless I see myself holding on the property for a long period of time, I would not see myself investing in one. Not just that, the quantum is much higher as compared to other ASEAN countries such as Thailand, Cambodia etc.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are smart. Do not be fooled by ISKANDAR tokok singsong. Buy a house and leave it there for your own use, and only with spare cash that you have lying around.

DO NOT BUY A HIGH RISE AT RNF PRINCESS COVE FOR INVESTMENT. It is fools' gold.

Look at China stock market. It is supported by borrowed money. Within 2 weeks, trillions (not billions) were wiped out. Cry also no use. Sibeh jialat. Be smart. Do not touch those potentially affected Chinese developers or Chinese contractors. Stay far far away from those listed companties in China Stock Exchange. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. With cash, you no need to be desperate. You have choice to buy with peace of mind.