• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Investing in Overseas Properties

Highflyer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at China stock market. It is supported by borrowed money. Within 2 weeks, trillions (not billions) were wiped out. Cry also no use. Sibeh jialat. Be smart. Do not touch those potentially affected Chinese developers or Chinese contractors. Stay far far away from those listed companties in China Stock Exchange. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. With cash, you no need to be desperate. You have choice to buy with peace of mind.

Hi Vohkster aka Tekkun aka huatgugu aka ctsbh... Why you slagging Chinese Developer? I though you said we shouldn't be slagging other project? ai yo yo.... you didn't practice what you preach ..... really sibeh jialat ooooo.... :biggrin:

Highflyer

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are smart. Do not be fooled by ISKANDAR tokok singsong. Buy a house and leave it there for your own use, and only with spare cash that you have lying around.

DO NOT BUY A HIGH RISE AT RNF PRINCESS COVE FOR INVESTMENT. It is fools' gold.

Wah.... our infamous hypocrite finally show it all. This is the malpaso i knew all this while. It take a while before you show your true colour after your gang one by one abandoned you. If you so bo song, just retire yourself from this forum. No need kow beh kow bu here.... why so thick skin?

huatgugu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Vohkster aka Tekkun aka huatgugu aka ctsbh... Why you slagging Chinese Developer? I though you said we shouldn't be slagging other project? ai yo yo.... you didn't practice what you preach ..... really sibeh jialat ooooo.... :biggrin:

You LONG time never kena fcuk by me already huh? Finally decided to use back your vulgar nick now? Come come, idiot! I'm always right here waiting for you, loser! Wahaha cheers :smile:

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
The property market in Johor Bahru is too saturated at this point in time. Unless I see myself holding on the property for a long period of time, I would not see myself investing in one. Not just that, the quantum is much higher as compared to other ASEAN countries such as Thailand, Cambodia etc.

May I suggest you another possible option...if you are cash rich, why not wait until bubble burst baru go in? As you know, during booming period, PRC ppl go everywhere to buy properties...from Australia to Malaysia to US UK etc, a lot of smart developers from oversea flock in to build build build new apartment to suit those demand, to fulfill people investment needs. Which is why you see China developer, Malaysia developer everywhere. I do not know whether these excess supply will eventually digest by the market but it seem places like Melbourne, Iskandar, London, Vancouver etc property quantity is still increasing, property price not cheap and some point in time, somewhere (hopefully is your favourite city) will have better bargain. Of course, if you are buying for your own use....scare of price get even higher, then buy no matter what. If for purely investment purpose... can wait until bargain come, rule apply to every investment assets.

darkdevil

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do agree with you on this. But sometimes when the opportunity comes, its hard to ignore. Australia and UK Property Market seems to be quite stable and most apartments command a decent rental yield return which is one of the reason I am looking at these places.

Just the other day, my real estate friend was sharing with me the property market in Cambodia. Yes, I know he is trying to advertise haha as he was frank with me but at the same time, he was sharing with me that the property market in Cambodia is blooming. More and More foreign investors are looking to invest in Cambodia, and their GDP growth is decent over the past few years.

For people who are interested, here is the link - The Peak Cambodia, for those who are not please ignore.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do agree with you on this. But sometimes when the opportunity comes, its hard to ignore. Australia and UK Property Market seems to be quite stable and most apartments command a decent rental yield return which is one of the reason I am looking at these places.

Just the other day, my real estate friend was sharing with me the property market in Cambodia. Yes, I know he is trying to advertise haha as he was frank with me but at the same time, he was sharing with me that the property market in Cambodia is blooming. More and More foreign investors are looking to invest in Cambodia, and their GDP growth is decent over the past few years.

For people who are interested, here is the link - The Peak Cambodia, for those who are not please ignore.

Referencing on past rental yield and stability over the past is what those real estate agents normally do...but may not reflect the potential threat in the future. Myself is quite a contrarian, surrounding me those well to do ppl all say UK ppty good to invest...and when that last for a few years and starting to etch into people subconscious, that means the price will not be cheap, and one day they will be getting wrong...hopefully ppl get out just before it get wrong, but timing always hard to do.

hemohemo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was trying to search for info about foreign property investment on IRAS. IRAS only gives examples of property in Singapore. Anyone has any info on foreign property investment in terms of personal income tax and expense deduction etc.

Thanks and hope you enjoy the upcoming long weekend as the country celebrated SG50.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was trying to search for info about foreign property investment on IRAS. IRAS only gives examples of property in Singapore. Anyone has any info on foreign property investment in terms of personal income tax and expense deduction etc.

Thanks and hope you enjoy the upcoming long weekend as the country celebrated SG50.

Usually for foreign sourced income such as rental from foreign properties, there is no corresponding tax deductions as the income is not sourced in SG. The taxable income and deductions should all be done at the foreign country's level.

Eg rental from Malaysian properties. The net tax payable to MY tax authorities should be the MY rental income, less MY bank interest and maintenance charges etc. If you take up a SG loan, usually you cant offset the SG loan interest against the MY rental income.

Theoretically, if you remit the MY rental income back to SG, you are liable for SG taxes but you can claim a double tax deduction from IRAS accordingly, because of the taxes you pay in MY liao. But in reality, no 1 cares unless you are bringing hundreds of thousands of income back.

firefly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property tax will depend on the source of income. If you are earning rental income from an overseas property, you will be taxed at the foreign country's level. Either you do not declare the rental income if not I believe there should be some way you can claim tax deduction since the income has already been taxed at the foreign country's level.

P.S came across another launch in UK - Oxygen Tower Manchester, only for those who are interested.

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ad_Shang_invite1.jpg Got this via email... Anyone going for The Peak official launch at Shangri-La Hotel this weekend?