• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Out with the bugs, in with neighbours

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MY_20150708_BUG08_P1_1490155.jpg
[h=3][/h]IN BETTER SHAPE NOW: Mr Choo is very thankful to Ms Phua and the volunteers for cleaning up his home, which had been infested with bugs.

[h=2]MY_20150708_BUG08_P2_1490152.jpg[/h][h=3][/h]
MY_20150708_BUG08_P2_1490152.jpg
[h=3][/h]SPRUCED UP: The volunteers also disinfected the flat, painted the walls and gave the 77-year-old new furniture.

PHOTOS: LIANHE WANBAO

1 / 2PreviousNext
[h=2]Published on Jul 08, 2015[/h]

[h=2]Out with the bugs, in with neighbours[/h]

HIS home used to be a breeding ground for bugs, which would even crawl on his body.

But Choo Kim Guan's bug-infested home has now been cleaned up - and the elderly man is not quite used to it.

Last week, reports in Lianhe Wanbao and My Paper said that the unemployed 77-year-old had not bathed for more than 10 years and had bugs all over his body.

The condition of Mr Choo, who lives alone in a rental flat in Jalan Bukit Merah, was discovered by Fion Phua, founder of private volunteer group Keeping Hope Alive.

Ms Phua later led a group of 18 volunteers to clean up Mr Choo's home, including disinfecting the flat and giving the walls a fresh coat of paint.

They also gave him new furniture, including a folding bed, so he does not have to sleep on the floor, Wanbao reported yesterday.

Speaking to the Chinese evening daily, Mr Choo said: "The house hasn't been this clean in more than 10 years. There's not even one bug to be found. I can now stay at home comfortably. Of course, I'm very happy."

But according to The Straits Times, a few bugs were still seen weaving in and out of Mr Choo's clothes yesterday.

He was also not quite used to his new folding bed.

"I've been sleeping with my back against the wall for more than 10 years," he told Wanbao. "So I feel dizzy sometimes when I lie down and sleep now."

Still, Mr Choo is very thankful to Ms Phua and the volunteers for their help. They also advised him on the importance of maintaining good hygiene.

His neighbours are thankful, too. They are now visiting him, instead of keeping their distance.

[email protected]
For more reports on the go, check out the "MyPaper" iOS and Android apps.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If given a choice, the pappy would have culled these fucktards away long ago. They are pulling everyone down. just like their MRT going down.

To that, I agree.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have a question.. Why the hell this adult male dunno how to take care of himself?

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glad that action was taken! :smile:

Action taken by a 'PRIVATE VOLUNTEER GROUP' that means help was not from public funds.

What about the moto used during election.. "NO ONE IS LEFT BEHIND" or " ALWAYS HERE FOR YOU"? LoLoLoL

Attachments

• Always here for you.jpg
    Always here for you.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 332
Last edited: