• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Talk So Much Cock But No $ to Help Local SMEs! Fark The Familee Traitors!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>March 11, 2009
SME CLINIC: sme spotlight
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Help for electronics SMEs
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
sme.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Electronics SMEs can look to the Centre of Innovation for Electronics, which provides access to cutting-edge technology and marketing support, among other things. -- PHOTO: BLOOMBERG
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->Are there any schemes that can help electronics SMEs upgrade their capabilities to boost their competitive edge?

THE Centre of Innovation for Electronics (COIE) was launched recently by Spring Singapore and Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP) to help local companies, especially SMEs, build up new electronics capabilities for long-term growth.
The $7 million one-stop technology centre located at NYP aims to help electronics companies develop new and innovative products, systems, services and processes by providing ready access to cutting-edge technology, knowledge, R&D infrastructure and business and marketing support.
Through the COIE, SMEs can also tap the extensive expertise and resources available at NYP's technology, innovation and business centres.
The COIE is the newest centre to be funded under Spring's $150 million Technology Innovation Programme, which encourages SMEs to grow their businesses by leveraging innovation to create high-value products and services that compete effectively in the global market.
Four other COIs have been set up for the food, marine and offshore, precision engineering and environmental technology industries.
What kind of support can SMEs receive with the Electronics COI?
THE COIE offers a full range of services in four critical areas that will benefit electronics companies:
Product, system and process innovation;
Test and measurement;
Business and marketing support; and
Training and manpower development.
SMEs can apply to Spring Singapore for grant support to cover up to 70 per cent of their technology projects' qualifying costs, which include manpower, equipment, materials and professional services.
Electronics SMEs interested in finding out more about the COIE may call the EnterpriseOne hotline, 6898-1800. E-mail your questions to [email protected]

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think I share the sentiments of entrpreneurs and SMEs when I say this to them: Show me the money!

All this talk about helping startups and SMEs really don't help much.

Micro Loan? 5%? A reduction of 1% doesn't motivate me to start up or continue my fledgling business.

Grants and seed money have so many conditions and limits it's hard to get unless you already have a backer. They look tailored for ex-stat board executives who already got their colleagues still in the boards to back them.

And how many of these are discounts or co-payments if you use THEIR appointed consultants or agencies? Looks like they just double their costs, make you pay the actual cost, and claimed the exaggerated balance as their contribution.

I had some experience with these appointed consultants who will try to get you to apply for some of these grants with the intent of earning the money themselves... and, the "nice" thing is.. they'll let you have a cut of their earnings for your collaboration :mad:

For all aspiring and current entrepreneurs and SME owners, your best bet is yourselves.