• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB charging RM20 for foreign car visiting ? Is it confirm ?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many tickets you bought? At TGV Tebrau I bought 2 tickets for RM17 to watch Dr Strange using Citibank credit card 1 for 1 offer, only on Fridays. Parking RM1.

Yah I should have gone to Tebrau to watch, I bought two tickets, think it was rm21and plus some more for popcorn, wife wanted to go to the pasar malam that's why I watched at KSL, besides it was nearer Singapore to drive back.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why SIngaporean like to loiter around Taman Pelangi ? JB is so damn big and fun. Why stick to there ?

Near Singapore lah, don't want to drive so far in, later going home tired because have to face massive jams when returning. Hope it will change now.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah I should have gone to Tebrau to watch, I bought two tickets, think it was rm21and plus some more for popcorn, wife wanted to go to the pasar malam that's why I watched at KSL, besides it was nearer Singapore to drive back.

If you watch movies in JB on Wednesdays you get them at RM9 each (but still won't beat TGV Friday offer of 1 for 1 using Citibank card:p). Popcorn not cheap, about RM13. But if you use their movie member card you can accumulate points and exchange then for free popcorn and drinks.:biggrin:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Near Singapore lah, don't want to drive so far in, later going home tired because have to face massive jams when returning. Hope it will change now.

when you drive back from Tebrau, you drive partially along the old Tebarau highway. Then you exit to EDL link back, once you hit the high way it will be smooth and damn fast.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you watch movies in JB on Wednesdays you get them at RM9 each (but still won't beat TGV Friday offer of 1 for 1 using Citibank card:p). Popcorn not cheap, about RM13. But if you use their movie member card you can accumulate points and exchange then for free popcorn and drinks.:biggrin:

POP corn is a standard con job. But i still enjoy eating it. hahaha.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah but we usually top up before returning.

On the way back, you bound to hit a petrol station or 2. You top up before the exit link to EDL.

I think I like malaysia if not for some reason. I would have move my base there . Singapore can be suffocating

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just checked causewayjam.com and the traffic back to JB at this time (5.00pm on Thurs) is still so jammed over at Causeway. I guess the RM20 has not had the impact on traffic movement as some (including myself) had anticipated.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just checked causewayjam.com and the traffic back to JB at this time (5.00pm on Thurs) is still so jammed over at Causeway. I guess the RM20 has not had the impact on traffic movement as some (including myself) had anticipated.

The traffic at the 2nd link is not any better.

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
from what i know, if u watch movies that start before 12pm everyday (weekends included) , u pay only RM9 per tix.. however, u can't choose seats that are several rows from the rear..

yeah, citibank got promotion for clear card holders only..

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Those are Malaysians or SPRs returning home from work!
And they have no choice but to pay, thanks to their smart policy makers.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jam doesn't go away, i pity those in the jam, maybe they should introduce a erp type of system, e.g. 5-8pm surcharge sgd 20, then progressively reduce towards midnight then 0 surcharge.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jam doesn't go away, i pity those in the jam, maybe they should introduce a erp type of system, e.g. 5-8pm surcharge sgd 20, then progressively reduce towards midnight then 0 surcharge.

Judging by the Sg experience, it may not help much. Quite often, the expressway with high ERP is more congested that other trunk roads.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
So not true it is traffic free leh. Maybe only during lunch time earlier lah.:p

Working day peak time what do you expect?
Many of the 300,000 people coming into SG are driving leh, including some Singaporeans who chose to live in JB but work in SG joining in the massive jam.
But off peak, its really traffic free since 01 Nov!

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
really smart move by the Malaysian govt. They know that Sinkies save S$200,000 ( RM 600,000 ) by just staying in JB. RM 20 per day and RM 400 per month and RM 48000 over 10 years is peanut.