• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Push-Pocket In KL

birdie8819

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wondering have you guys comes across this which I just received an email from a friend .

I am sure you all have heard of 'pick pocket'. A new trend 'push pocket'. Read on.. for your own good

A few days ago a new type of crime has surfaced in town.

It goes something like this:-

Somebody slips a hand-phone into your pocket, sometimes it could be just a wallet with an identity card and a few ringgit.

A few minutes later, the 'owner' comes up and confronts you, the 'thief '. He makes a big commotion that you stole his stuff.

You, caught unaware, are then pulled aside by the 'owner' for a settlement. You are intimidated and threatened that if you do not pay up the police will be brought in. If you pay up, this 'owner' lets you go. If not, the police are brought in.

Another strange thing is that there always seems to be a 'witness' to your 'theft'.

I am told this often happens to foreigners at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) or even at LRT trains. Given that you're 'guilty until proven innocent' as far as the Malaysian police are concerned, I understand some poor people are in jail for these 'offences'.

At the KLIA, the 'owner' throws his hand-phone and wallet with the few ringgit notes into the luggage trolley of a just arrived passenger. The drama unfolds a few minutes later. The real culprit has easily convinced our Malaysian police to arrest the real victim (if he has not paid up the 'settlement' demand). This is a very serious matter.

This is another form of extortionists operating in broad daylight. They are disgusting criminals who will do anything to rob and steal. The sickening part of the whole scenario is that unless you pay the 'quoted settlement' money,
they will put you in real trouble by calling the police.

The real culprit gets back his hand-phone and wallet but the real victim ( i.e. could be any one of us) is thrown into the police lock up and charged in court.

So do be very careful, otherwise you may end up as a 'thief' as you have no way to prove your innocence.

Pass it on..... let more people be aware of such things around them.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Somebody slips a hand-phone into your pocket, sometimes it could be just a wallet with an identity card and a few ringgit.
slipping a wallet in2 another's pocket wifout dat fella being aware of it is nt e-z ...

... At the KLIA, the 'owner' throws his hand-phone and wallet with the few ringgit notes into the luggage trolley of a just arrived passenger. The drama unfolds a few minutes later ...
tiz nt new ... donkey ears ago oso hv oredi ...

if u c any bulging or nice wallet on ze ground, dun pick it up ... otherwise, sum gangsters wil cum 2 u ... tiz oso can happen in kl's chinatown ... nt oni klia ...

jw5

Loyal
birdie
There are conmen all over the world. I have literally met conmen in most of the cities I have visited.
Funnily enough, I encountered the most conmen and conwomen in one day in the magnificent city of Paris.
Over time, the most conmen I encountered was in China, specifically Shanghai and Shenzhen.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
we need to blend in with the crowd, and not stand out like a sore thumb..:biggrin:

as long as u dun behave and dress as if annoucing to the whole world that u r a tourist, u should be fine..:p

birdie8819

Alfrescian
Loyal
slipping a wallet in2 another's pocket wifout dat fella being aware of it is nt e-z ...

tiz nt new ... donkey ears ago oso hv oredi ...

if u c any bulging or nice wallet on ze ground, dun pick it up ... otherwise, sum gangsters wil cum 2 u ... tiz oso can happen in kl's chinatown ... nt oni klia ...

Oh izit !!! :eek: I didn't know and Thanks for the info bro !!! :wink:

birdie
There are conmen all over the world. I have literally met conmen in most of the cities I have visited.
Funnily enough, I encountered the most conmen and conwomen in one day in the magnificent city of Paris.
Over time, the most conmen I encountered was in China, specifically Shanghai and Shenzhen.

Well as for me I've been to China , Europe , USA and some Asian countries so far I've not encounter any problem . I still remember when I was at Paris airport .(many years back when there's a bombing at the subway remember and the security was tight) ... I went to the washroom to take a leak , I took out my pouch which contains my wallet/two passports and after I finished I forgot to take my pouch with me . I only realised after ten minutes and I quickly dash back to the washroom to check ..... LUCKILY it's still there even though alot of people coming in and out from the washroom (maybe they thought got bomb inside :p) .