Thread: 7 out of 10 foreigners who had plastic surgery in S.Korea last year were from China

My Reputation Points: 420 / Power: 0

Lightbulb 7 out of 10 foreigners who had plastic surgery in S.Korea last year were from China

‘Seven out of 10 foreigners’ who had plastic surgery in South Korea last year were from China

Mainlanders flocking to Seoul for procedures, according to newspaper report, despite cases of highly publicised botched operations

PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 19 May, 2015, 2:02pm
    UPDATED : Tuesday, 19 May, 2015, 3:31pm

Mandy Zuo
    [email protected]

Most plastic surgery clinics in Seoul actively welcome patients from China, according to the report. The authorities have cracked down on unlicensed clinics. Photo: SCMP Pictures

Seven out of every 10 foreigners who went to South Korea last year for cosmetic surgery came from China, according to a Chinese newspaper report.

Visitors from the mainland made 56,000 trips to South Korea for cosmetic procedures in 2014, the National Business Daily reported, citing figures from the Ministry of Health.

Dr Lee Chung Hun, an expert in hotel management and tourism at Sejong University in Seoul, was quoted as saying that each Chinese visitor spent on average over 10,000 yuan (HK$12,700) on cosmetic surgery in 2013.

The most popular procedure among Chinese visitors was injecting fillers into the skin to remove wrinkles, the report said.

There are several hundred clinics in Seoul and most have signs in Chinese welcoming visitors from the mainland.

South Korea received only 4,700 Chinese medical tourists in 2009, but that figure has since grown over ten fold, the report said.

The authorities launched a crackdown on unlicensed clinics in February after a 50-year-old woman from China was left in a coma the previous month after undergoing surgery.

The health ministry unveiled a raft of measures drafted in response to a growing number of complaints over botched jobs and exorbitant billing, many of them filed by Chinese who travel specifically to South Korea for cosmetic procedures.

“Because of inadequate information and the language barrier, there have been quite a few safety problems, which have affected the image of South Korea’s plastic surgery industry,” Dr Lee was quoted as saying in the newspaper report.

Another case to receive widespread publicity involved Jin Weikun, a young Chinese woman who took part in a television reality show in January to receive a facial and breast surgery in South Korea.

She said her face and nose had been disfigured and she is taking legal action.

Only fools place football bets with loser SG Pools... shitty odds and you can't even do real-time betting.

My Reputation Points: 1591 / Power: 2

Default Re: 7 out of 10 foreigners who had plastic surgery in S.Korea last year were from Chi

Good to see the Chinese acknowledging the fact that they are as ugly as shit.

Wanted : Sam Leong
    NRIC: S1599536-L
    DOB: 25 May 66
    Last known address:Rented Room in Bedok South
    Please note that this Moniker is no longer Persian
    I am now of Burmese descent

My Reputation Points: 416 / Power: 0

Default Re: 7 out of 10 foreigners who had plastic surgery in S.Korea last year were from Chi

Quote Originally Posted by Leongsam View Post
    Good to see the Chinese acknowledging the fact that they are as ugly as shit.
    3 decades ago Korean women are the ugliest creatures on Earth, they were wild and barbaric, also fat, so the
    smart Plastic Surgeon set clinic to harvest what they learned...today all Korean
    young girls who had Plastic Surgery all look alike Film Star, because they are from the same factory!!

Now China WuYah PRC bitch are flocking to Korea Back lane to have the Platic Surgery done!

But they still breed Ugly Siblings!! remember the guy who divorce his beautiful plastic wife
    to bred Ugly baby he kick her out when he realized she was once an Ugly Bitch !!
    Last edited by Kuailan; 20-05-2015 at 08:32 AM.

My Reputation Points: 1066 / Power: 4

those that gone through plastic surgery must always remain still and just keep smiling.
    they better dont talk or do anything. if they start talking and moving, people like me would know that they are pariah with sugar coated skins
    Quote Originally Posted by HK14K View Post
    No worries, the "Hero & Coward" thread will come but we should concentrate first on the nation hottest issue...
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerlyn View Post
    shameful and despicable scum PAP regime,
    a small island with millions of salary for PAP cronies from tax payers fund and yet have many hottest issues?

only people who receive some scum benefits from shameful and despicable PAP regime cronies would agree your statement

My Reputation Points: 367 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by gingerlyn View Post
    those that gone through plastic surgery must always remain still and just keep smiling.
    they better dont talk or do anything. if they start talking and moving, people like me would know that they are pariah with sugar coated skins
    Real Women need to be only gentle and be refine in their action to remain attractive even if you are very ordinary looking. Reason is a few proper make overs and a few good looking dress can save the day for a lot of ladies.

Beauty is always skin deep or rather after a few fucks you know what kind of date you have.

My Reputation Points: 2118 / Power: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Kuailan View Post
    3 decades ago Korean women are the ugliest creatures on Earth, so the
    smart Plastic Surgeon set clinic to harvest what they learned...today all Korean
    young girls who had Plastic Surgery all look alike because they are from the same factory!!

Now China WuYah PRC bitch are flocking to Korea Back lane to have the Platic Surgery done!

But they still breed Ugly Siblings!! remember the guy who divorce his beautiful plastic wife
    to bred Ugly baby he kick her out when he realized she was once an Ugly Bitch !!
    agree that originally Korean are the ugliest in Asia .
    Is there any offence committed if civil servants and MPs abuse their access to privileged government policy and profit from it??

Quote Originally Posted by congo9 View Post
    Real Women need to be only gentle and be refine in their action to remain attractive even if you are very ordinary looking. Reason is a few proper make overs and a few good looking dress can save the day for a lot of ladies.

Beauty is always skin deep or rather after a few fucks you know what kind of date you have.
    scientify studies have shown that attractive people have the upper hand then the less attractive people in terms of work or meeting new people ..ect . Because first impression always counts
    Is there any offence committed if civil servants and MPs abuse their access to privileged government policy and profit from it??

My Reputation Points: 6782 / Power: 0

Next time , we should ask, are you beautiful genetically?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuayapeh View Post
    scientify studies have shown that attractive people have the upper hand then the less attractive people in terms of work or meeting new people ..ect . Because first impression always counts
    Yes, attractive people has the upper hand.

That is if you do not mix being a pretty face is considered attractive.

My Reputation Points: 6782 / Power: 0

ugly people use plastic surgery to make them pretty,

what about those ball-less sinkies? can plastic surgery make them have balls?

My Reputation Points: 2736 / Power: 8

actually, when you switch off the light all holes are equal

My Reputation Points: 706 / Power: 9

Even some of those actress from Mediacorpse also went over to Korea for their plastic look.
    You can name some of them?

Quote Originally Posted by tonychat View Post
    ugly people use plastic surgery to make them pretty,

what about those ball-less sinkies? can plastic surgery make them have balls?
    Giving you extra set of balls, you still remain who u are. Hahahaha !

Quote Originally Posted by looneytan View Post
    actually, when you switch off the light all holes are equal
    It the sound they make and being able to engage you on bed make them worthwhile. It not being pretty that make one more attractive or worthwhile.

Six packs ??

My Reputation Points: 200 / Power: 0

u either date girls without makeup or u spend the night with them to see how they look like in the morning

My Reputation Points: 2820 / Power: 9

they can look much better with plastic surgery but their ugly genes remain inside them and will be passed on to their offsprings.

My Reputation Points: 200 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Sideswipe View Post
    they can look much better with plastic surgery but their ugly genes remain inside them and will be passed on to their offsprings.
    yes yes remember this one?

A man in China has sued his wife for bearing him ugly children.

My Reputation Points: 1847 / Power: 9

Let's put things in perspective. 56,000 Chinese visitors annually out of a population of 1.3 bil is miniscule. If there were more qualified Chinese plastic surgeons, most would choose to stay home. (You don't hear of Californians going to Korea for a nose job!)

On the other hand, it is estimated that 90% of Korean females and 50% of Korean males have had some kind of plastic surgery, most commonly on the nose and eyes. The most popular 18th birthday present for a girl in Korea from her parents is an eye job. This in a population of 50 million. Go figure.

Because of generations of inbreeding and marrying within their tribe in this northeastern corner of Asia, Koreans have ended up with uniformly prevalent features that are deemed 'unattractive' by Western standards – narrow slit eyes with single eyelids, broad faces with prominent cheekbones, strong jawlines for females, downturned nose tips.

The Chinese Han on the other hand are so mixed that some in the northwest have grey eyes and brown hair and some in the southwest look like Malays. When the gene pool is diverse, you get more extremes, but also higher percentage of better looking people and hardier strains.

Thread Information