• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forest City

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
China tourists in recent years made more than hundred millions man trips and spent over usd 300b annually, a lot on shopping luxurious items that are cheaper overseas.

FC also target the prc needs to shop for cheaper luxurious items. FC just need to capture a small chunk of this market.

Mind you usd 300b is about Singapore's reported accumulated reserve over 50 years.

"In the last four quarters of data, tourism imports were around $320 billion. The corresponding deficit rose from $75 billion in 2013 to over $200 billion in the last four quarters of data according to China Customs and state administration of forex exchange."

This is what I found out at Forest City this afternoon.

1. Harbour Commercial Street is not just street but a 3 storey shopping complex. Stillrenovating but many shops had opened.
2. First phase of Forest City consisting of 14 blocks of condominium has been fully sold out. Now they are launching phase 2.
3. Shattuck St Mary International School had signed up.
4. The developer really do things on a mega scale. I think there are at least 50 sales personnel there.
5. I talked to some of the sales personnel and found out they are from China. So can assume PRC is their main target.
6. PRC bought mainly for the future of their children education. Ratiowise is 60% PRC and rest from other nationalities.
7. Average selling price is between RM1200 psf to 1600psf depending on level and facing direction.
8. There would be a Malaysian CIQ direct from Tuas to Forest City through a linkway as well as a Marine CIQ.
9. The Hotel is fully operational.
10. The showrooms are designed by a Singapore ID firm but all interior finishing are from China. Quite nice finishing.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Harbour Commercial Street is not just street but a 3 storey shopping complex. Stillrenovating but many shops had opened.
2. First phase of Forest City consisting of 14 blocks of condominium has been fully sold out. Now they are launching phase 2.
4. The developer really do things on a mega scale. I think there are at least 50 sales personnel there.
5. I talked to some of the sales personnel and found out they are from China. So can assume PRC is their main target.
6. PRC bought mainly for the future of their children education. Ratiowise is 60% PRC and rest from other nationalities.
7. Average selling price is between RM1200 psf to 1600psf depending on level and facing direction.
8. There would be a Malaysian CIQ direct from Tuas to Forest City through a linkway as well as a Marine CIQ.
10. The showrooms are designed by a Singapore ID firm but all interior finishing are from China. Quite nice finishing.

Thanks for the infor! It looks like a good start

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

This kind of price makes those who bought high end condo on real land at 700 RM psf feels like they had a good deal.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Itsn't it a miracle that the very ground you were standing on today was still the sea just a year or two ago?
It is the same speed over in the South China Sea whereby deep sea port, airport runway, light house, control tower, workers bunks, residential buildings, etc were all completed within 2,3 years!
At this speed, it seems like the Chinese are building everything in accordance to their own specifications and the local authorities probably don't even know a hotel is already operating there.
50 sales people from China, probably none of them has a valid work pass.
The Chinese surely has a way to get away from all the necessary approvals, inspections, checking, etc..

What they had done to FC is actually a repeat of what they had done to the CG Danga bay.
The shopping complex there was already in operation while heavy construction works is going on for the rest of the project.
But the shopping complex had flopped big time.
Many shops, mainly restaurants had opened and closed, most of the shops over there are already the 2nd or 3rd generation all within about 30 months.
And this is in the city area, easily accessible for the public.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Itsn't it a miracle that the very ground you were standing on today was still the sea just a year or two ago?
It is the same speed over in the South China Sea whereby deep sea port, airport runway, light house, control tower, workers bunks, residential buildings, etc were all completed within 2,3 years!
At this speed, it seems like the Chinese are building everything in accordance to their own specifications and the local authorities probably don't even know a hotel is already operating there.
The Chinese surely has a way to get away from all the necessary approvals, inspections, checking, etc..

What they had done to FC is actually a repeat of what they had done to the CG Danga bay.
The shopping complex there was already in operation while heavy construction works is going on for the rest of the project.
Many shops, mainly restaurants had opened and closed, most of the shops over there are already the 2nd or 3rd generation all within about 30 months.

To make real comments, one need to got here to see it with own eyes. No point talking from keyboards.

Actually the land is real. What they had launched now is 1st island and I won't even say that is reclaimed land as it is the land closest to mainland. Therefore land there is solid, maybe got filling up but minimal. There's some area which they are building semiD and bungalows. I suppose these are reclaimed land further out towards the sea and the price is something like RM5m for a 2500 sq ft cluster SemiD. These sold out condos will keep the developer very busy for the next 3 years.

The rest of reclaimed land,I dare not say. Even the very large scale model does not have any buildings on it. It is unlike what we see on pictures of it. Yes, I have to say that they are building at breakneck speed. I see highways being built replacing the present road.I see lorries going in and out into the sea filling up with sand. And the carparks are full. I drove around few times to find one.

As for the shopping complex, flop or no flop, time will tell. But I see a lot of PRCs there and it would be good to have something for them to do such as shopping. Whether they close down or not, doesn't matter as the main objective is to serve these initial buyers. Eateries are there. I myself took lunch at Paparrich. CIMB bank is also there. I see most of these PRCs are middle aged ones, so can say they are serious visitors. No yuppies.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To make real comments, one need to got here to see it with own eyes. No point talking from keyboards.

Actually the land is real. What they had launched now is 1st island and I won't even say that is reclaimed land as it is the land closest to mainland. Therefore land there is solid, maybe got filling up but minimal. There's some area which they are building semiD and bungalows. I suppose these are reclaimed land further out towards the sea and the price is something like RM5m for a 2500 sq ft cluster SemiD. These sold out condos will keep the developer very busy for the next 3 years.

The rest of reclaimed land,I dare not say. Even the very large scale model does not have any buildings on it. It is unlike what we see on pictures of it. Yes, I have to say that they are building at breakneck speed. I see highways being built replacing the present road.I see lorries going in and out into the sea filling up with sand. And the carparks are full. I drove around few times to find one.

As for the shopping complex, flop or no flop, time will tell. But I see a lot of PRCs there and it would be good to have something for them to do such as shopping. Whether they close down or not, doesn't matter as the main objective is to serve these initial buyers. Eateries are there. I myself took lunch at Paparrich. CIMB bank is also there. I see most of these PRCs are middle aged ones, so can say they are serious visitors. No yuppies.

all it takes is either a major quake or volcanic eruption in sumatra to bring down buildings and infrastructure at "breakneck" speed (no pun intended). tiongs have no concept of seismic-tolerant designs, or they just don't care until thousands perish.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forest City is on the way to Success! Its going to be more successful from Country Garden in Danga Bay. Sultan brand name helps.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very very impressive I must say, if they had told you the truth. You know salesmen lah.......and especially Tiongs in this case......

Singapore, being a Chinese majority race, have been resenting too many Tiongs and now it seems that Johor is taking over this task. I don't know if it'll be for good or bad in the long term, especially considering the current majority race in Johor.

It's a real pity that Medini (just about 12km away) pales horribly in comparison to FC.

Last edited:

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
This kind of price makes those who bought high end condo on real land at 700 RM psf feels like they had a good deal.

I feel "high end" is an overused term started by the authorities. Truth be told, it's more like "overpriced". It's a foreigners' enclave which Johor locals won't touch. There's usually nothing high end about the fittings they are giving. The same homo tiles, laminate flooring, etc. Not granite, marble or real timber flooring.

FC is a territory of its own dominated by the China people. So that kind of price (RM1300-1600 psf) cannot be compared to the RM750psf condos elsewhere. Most likely, these Cheena people won't consider the latter even though they are cheaper.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_6594.JPGIMG_6596.JPGIMG_6603.JPGIMG_6610.JPG

All those red ones are fully sold.
I am not marketing nor am I interested to buy one.
Just reporting as I saw it.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 483
Last edited:

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a real pity that Medini (just about 12km away) pales horribly in comparison to FC.

Yes I feel the same too. Is it because there's water so that attracts the China people? Even CG Danga is also "overpriced" at RM1200psf and above? My friend told me when a China participant saw a beach, she became very excited. Apparently she hardly saw the sea or lake in China!

Medini is where the more "practical" stuffs are... like government offices, industries, retail shops, schools, hospital, etc. But after more than 3 years, it is still quiet and slow in progress. Medini is significantly dwarfed by Danga Bay and now Forest City. Amazing how fast the China developers work....

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forest City is on the way to Success! Its going to be more successful from Country Garden in Danga Bay. Sultan brand name helps.

It is true in that sense as it is a greenfield development. Just look at the highways they are now building as well as monorail system. I have never seen such marketing efforts before in a property showroom. They even had live bands on a Monday!!!

Comparing Puteri harbour and this place, PH wins hands down. Totally different class and atmosphere. I am biased. :smile:

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Got any good quality Massage and Spa open there ? This weekend must find some time to go there :biggrin:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is free hold or leasehold. No 1m restrictions for foreigners ?

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal

From what i heard, there arent many ideal investment option for mainlanders, stock, derivatives, commodity futures etc all kena burn when they flock in massively. Even they conspiracy said that china gov purposely create stock bubble that they knew will eventually burst, to give much needed cash to china many startup. The problem is ppty market, they dont want to deflate which can cause more problem. Rather stagnant or grow at more stable slow pace. On the other hand, they need to direct those money to somewhere else, FC got government support also bcoz of this, they need to direct the rich to spend on something else rather on 1st 2nd tier city ppty.

Aiyah, malaysia can allow so many bangla without approval, ah tiong come here shud be more legit because they are xenophobia to many one fairer than them. Although keep on saying oversupplied, authority cant stop them on this reason ground bcoz they are really selling their product out, only those that cant sell kena stop, many no finance to even start.

A construction site got shops, consider good ady. I do not even expect got shops to begin with, even by singaporean standard, also unique, sg construction site got shops open de meh? Only ah tiong can make it happen. What flops? Shopping mall open ady?? I thought only ground floor few restaurants only? Really open ady? I thought still building, not accessible yet?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what i heard, there arent many ideal investment option for mainlanders, stock, derivatives, commodity futures etc all kena burn when they flock in massively. Even they conspiracy said that china gov purposely create stock bubble that they knew will eventually burst, to give much needed cash to china many startup. The problem is ppty market, they dont want to deflate which can cause more problem. Rather stagnant or grow at more stable slow pace. On the other hand, they need to direct those money to somewhere else, FC got government support also bcoz of this, they need to direct the rich to spend on something else rather on 1st 2nd tier city ppty.

Aiyah, malaysia can allow so many bangla without approval, ah tiong come here shud be more legit because they are xenophobia to many one fairer than them. Although keep on saying oversupplied, authority cant stop them on this reason ground bcoz they are really selling their product out, only those that cant sell kena stop, many no finance to even start.

A construction site got shops, consider good ady. I do not even expect got shops to begin with, even by singaporean standard, also unique, sg construction site got shops open de meh? Only ah tiong can make it happen. What flops? Shopping mall open ady?? I thought only ground floor few restaurants only? Really open ady? I thought still building, not accessible yet?

All located at upstairs 1st floor. Got supermarket, the SECOO, Getha Matress, Kopitiam, H&M, Monkl outlets, Birdnest also got.