• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forest City

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The real bargains, if you check out some developers, are those who paid zero downpayments and YET get back cash upon TOP. There are really buyers who do this. Short term gain, long term pain.. My friend recently got back some RM 200k by buying 3 units. Wont go into details here though.

Perhaps you are right about the bargain price if it will indeed come to fruition. Makes me wonder how salesmen here can shamelessly keep telling everyone the other china projects sky high price is a good bargain. Based on pricing alone this project is so much more worth it than the other one

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The real bargains, if you check out some developers, are those who paid zero downpayments and YET get back cash upon TOP. There are really buyers who do this. Short term gain, long term pain.. My friend recently got back some RM 200k by buying 3 units. Wont go into details here though.

Yes I am aware Of such shady practices. It's a matter of packaging the product actually. Ends up when you calculate the final payment figure you will know who took who for a ride. LOL

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
forest%20city.jpg

forestcity20.jpg

The earlier illustrations were only CGI showing lots of closely constructed high and low rise buildings on the islands.
The latest plan actually show the proposed land use for the 4 islands in Forest City.
The triangular island will be the first phase of the development known as the International Waterfront and even Free Trade Zone on one smaller island.
Although the islands were created somewhat latitudinally but from the plan, Phase 1 is kind of being surrounded.
So, for Phase 1, the view on the east will be another island and Tuas Industrial Estate and the west will be the Pelepas Port, while the south will be blocked Phase 2 on the larger island and the north is the jungle part of Johor, not exactly a great view for Phase 1.
However, looking at the whole proposed development, it look like a mini Singapore!

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
forest%20city.jpg

forestcity20.jpg

The earlier illustrations were only CGI showing lots of closely constructed high and low rise buildings on the islands.
The latest plan actually show the proposed land use for the 4 islands in Forest City.
The triangular island will be the first phase of the development known as the International Waterfront and even Free Trade Zone on one smaller island.
Although the islands were created somewhat latitudinally but from the plan, Phase 1 is kind of being surrounded.
So, for Phase 1, the view on the east will be another island and Tuas Industrial Estate and the west will be the Pelepas Port, while the south will be blocked Phase 2 on the larger island and the north is the jungle part of Johor, not exactly a great view for Phase 1.
However, looking at the whole proposed development, it look like a mini Singapore!

Any updates? I am sure that there are many Singaporeans who would love to live in a mini-Singapore built by Chinese developers next to petrochemical plants than to live in Singapore...

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean MPs trying to discourage their people to invest in JB. Nothing to be worried about.

Exactly, im johorean and i welcome you all to come and come and come like god of wealth...and we will build and build and build until gao gao...until getting cheaper and cheaper and cheaper

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any updates? I am sure that there are many Singaporeans who would love to live in a mini-Singapore built by Chinese developers next to petrochemical plants than to live in Singapore...

With the PM being accused of embezzlement in billions, there is going to be some political uncertainties for a while.
Until this mega scandal storm blows over, large projects and development in the country may be put on hold, including the HSR.

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the PM being accused of embezzlement in billions, there is going to be some political uncertainties for a while.
Until this mega scandal storm blows over, large projects and development in the country may be put on hold, including the HSR.

I believe this is Johor sultan's project?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
But this is in Malaysia!
Any political upheaval affects the whole country.

Malaysia politics is centered in UMNO. If Najib and Mahathir fight, UMNO will burn.
State sponsored projects will be affected. The gravy train will stop.
HSR definitely is off, Singapore Malaysia relationship will be affected, Investors will not come in until things are settled.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately true.
Hopefully this will not happen. But Johor is in a unique position.
The only thing that throw a hammer into the works is the federal govt messing around with policies that will trip it up.
I believe that Johor state govt is pro investors from Singapore.
They're seeing the benefits of the money flowing into the state. They're using it to clean up the city and improve the infrastructure.
The improvements over the years have been pretty astounding. And it's still ongoing.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately true.
Hopefully this will not happen. But Johor is in a unique position.
The only thing that throw a hammer into the works is the federal govt messing around with policies that will trip it up.
I believe that Johor state govt is pro investors from Singapore.
They're seeing the benefits of the money flowing into the state. They're using it to clean up the city and improve the infrastructure.
The improvements over the years have been pretty astounding. And it's still ongoing.

Not only just political uncertainty currently.
The recent Low Yat Paza in KL incident is a good example of racial fragility in MY where a simple incident can escalate into a near riot situation within a short time.
Worse or most feared, the racial card maybe played out ruthlessly by irresponsible politicians during this current embezzlement scandal to mess things up and put the country in state of emergency!

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. It's a big concern that under currents of tension is there just waiting for unscrupulous people to exploit without consequence.
The govt have to be seen to be fair and just in adjudicating justice. Else this will further ferment unrest

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only just political uncertainty currently.
The recent Low Yat Paza in KL incident is a good example of racial fragility in MY where a simple incident can escalate into a near riot situation within a short time.
Worse or most feared, the racial card maybe played out ruthlessly by irresponsible politicians during this current embezzlement scandal to mess things up and put the country in state of emergency!

SG wont be spared from political and racial upheavals in Malaysia. Tourism will be the 1st to experience the fallout. Luckily the riot cases thus far are quite isolated ones, like the Little India incident.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG wont be spared from political and racial upheavals in Malaysia. Tourism will be the 1st to experience the fallout. Luckily the riot cases thus far are quite isolated ones, like the Little India incident.

You cannot compare the Little India incident here, it was indeed and isolated case involving foreign workers.
Racial fragility and tension has always been a ticking time bomb in MY due to decades of race based politics.
In MY, if it is unrest tension by design, one can even rent a mob in tens of hundreds easily to stir unrest country wide.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
You cannot compare the Little India incident here, it was indeed and isolated case involving foreign workers.
Racial fragility and tension has always been a ticking time bomb in MY due to decades of race based politics.
In MY, if it is unrest tension by design, one can even rent a mob in tens of hundreds easily to stir unrest country wide.

Well if it is a ticking time bomb, I would say it has been ticking for a v long time. In fact, more than 40 years? Personally, I wont be overly alarmist, as I know how the media works.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investing in JB is always safer than KL. If anybody try to be funny in JB, our beloved Sultan will hammer the MB 1st. Proud to be a Johorean!

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mentri Besar making some weird comments about the implementation of the 20 ringgit VEP in Aug.
He seems not to realize that the cut in will result in people having to pay about 5 toll charges just to cross 1 km of the causeway.
I really hope the Sultan will step in to remove this additional charge.
It just doesn't help matters.
Already the jams have been largely reduced unless there's some police operation of some public holidays.
They should instead of implementing punitive measures but start to look at measures to improve the transport links. The rail link is a good start but obviously more needs to be done

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mentri Besar making some weird comments about the implementation of the 20 ringgit VEP in Aug.
He seems not to realize that the cut in will result in people having to pay about 5 toll charges just to cross 1 km of the causeway.
I really hope the Sultan will step in to remove this additional charge.
It just doesn't help matters.
Already the jams have been largely reduced unless there's some police operation of some public holidays.
They should instead of implementing punitive measures but start to look at measures to improve the transport links. The rail link is a good start but obviously more needs to be done

I think the VEP is done to increase state fund. No turning back for MB bcos Sultan already stop johor state gov to collect gst from the people in JB.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the VEP is done to increase state fund. No turning back for MB bcos Sultan already stop johor state gov to collect gst from the people in JB.

VEP collection is NOT for the state but for the Federal!!!!!
So are all the toll collections all over the country, the collection goes to the Toll operator PLUS Malaysia Berhad (PMB), which owns all the concessions!!!!
Keep quiet if you know so little about Malaysia!