• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Savings Bonds: 8 things you should know

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The low interest rates they are giving with these bonds can't even keep up with the inflation in Spore :(

The US are going to start raising their rates this year & I won't be surprise if the rates eventually exceed 3%. The PAP has traditionally kept the interest rates low in Spore. Don't expect them to change this policy. So Sporeans are screwed if they keep their $ in Spore banks.

US start to raise interest rates. No more cheap funding. Current CPF also dry liao. Mdm Ho needs gambling money, so issuing government bonds...lol

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
US start to raise interest rates. No more cheap funding. Current CPF also dry liao. Mdm Ho needs gambling money, so issuing government bonds...lol
According to a little bird from the West, Mdm Ho's issuing gabrament bonds is just the beginning of a series of scams to con Sinkies.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really wonder if they will do it in June or Sept? The USD is weaker lately, meaning rate hike is not around the corner?
A friend who is in such things, cancelled our planned trip in Oct saying he needs to be around. So I think sep is a better bet.

GG789

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really wonder if they will do it in June or Sept? The USD is weaker lately, meaning rate hike is not around the corner?

ok. last time i bought some usd share, i have sold the shares but i didn convert it to sgd yet.
i think that time the exchange rate was quite low, around last year June and Dec.

now i have earned little bit more money because of the usd strengthening.

hmm, shd i convert to sgd now or wait later...think usd will be more appreciate in the next 6 month.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
A friend who is in such things, cancelled our planned trip in Oct saying he needs to be around. So I think sep is a better bet.

Yahoo's latest news agree with you
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sf-fe...-hike-likely--later-this-year--143121592.html
However, I believe that he is cancelling his planned trip in Oct because of China, not due to US rate hike.

Financial Raiders have entered China through Hong Kong. I suppose they are pushing the market higher before offloading their counters during the period that you mentioned. You see, there is a flaw in Chinese markets. If a counter opened up 10% in the opening trade of a trading day, it will be suspended immediately. hahaha, You don't even have the chance to take profit. Likewise, investors don't even have a chance to cut-loss when a counter opened down 10% in opening trade and get suspended. This is the concept to raid Chinese market using their own rules.

The disgruntled HK people doing what they are best at (financial markets), engineering a super bubble in China, and harvest it. They want to challenge China to eventually suspend trading for a few days, like what happened to Singapore during the Pan-El crisis. Every developing country went through such headaches to finetune their system.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok. last time i bought some usd share, i have sold the shares but i didn convert it to sgd yet.
i think that time the exchange rate was quite low, around last year June and Dec.

now i have earned little bit more money because of the usd strengthening.

hmm, shd i convert to sgd now or wait later...think usd will be more appreciate in the next 6 month.

It is ok to keep some USD (limited downside). Just don't itchy fingers and switch them back to shares after you exit.

GG789

Alfrescian
Loyal
MORNING MINUTES: What will make headlines today, May 14, 2015
PUBLISHED ON MAY 14, 2015 7:00 AM 33 67 0 0
PRINT
EMAIL

ComfortDelGro taxis picking up passangers at a taxi stand. The transport giant will launch fundraising activities on Thursday to celebrate Singapore's 50th birthday. -- ST PHOTO: NG SOR LUAN

Good morning! Morning Minutes is a round-up of stories that will break today and which we think you'd be interested in.

It appears on weekdays, available by 7am.

ComfortDelGro to launch fundraising activities to celebrate SG50

Transport giant ComfortDelGro will launch its fundraising activities on Thursday to celebrate Singapore's 50th birthday. The company has produced 50,000 "red dots" which it hopes members of the public will buy and display on their vehicles. Proceeds from the sale will go to four charities here. A minimum sum of $180,000 has been pledged. - ADRIAN LIM

New initiative to help people with cancer overcome dietary challenges

A new nutrition-related initiative to help people with cancer overcome dietary challenges will be announced by the Singapore Cancer Society and Abbott Nutrition today. The society will also present the findings of a local survey it conducted. - LINETTE LAI

India's Narendra Modi to arrive in Xi'an as part of three-day visit to China

In this file photograph taken on Sep 18, 2014, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi (right) shakes hands with Chinese President Xi Jinping during a meeting in New Delhi. -- PHOTO: AFP

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrives in the ancient Silk Road city of Xi'an on Thursday as part of a three-day visit to China aimed at attracting investments and reducing trade deficit. He will interact with a cross section of the Chinese leadership, hold talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping in Xi'an on Thursday and Premier Li Keqiang in Beijing on Friday. Most analysts in India and China believe the key highlights of the visit would be on economy and culture, with Mr Modi looking to sign US$10 billion (S$13 billion) worth of agreements with Beijing. - KOR KIAN BENG

Singtel to release full-year results

A man passes a Singtel shop outside their head office in Singapore on April 8, 2015. -- PHOTO: REUTERS

Telco Singtel will release its full-year results on Thursday. - GRACE CHNG

SIA to release full-year results

Singapore Airlines will unveil its full-year results on Thursday. - KARAMJIT KAUR - See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...eadlines-today-may-14-20#sthash.s4uNV5dg.dpuf

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...eadlines-today-may-14-20#sthash.s4uNV5dg.dpuf

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore-Savings-Bonds-SSB.jpg

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good or bad? any comment?

another con job
the idea is to benefit govt in setting up another piggy bank ie CPF2............ just in case CPF1 forced to pay out @ 55 yrs............. it is election year song & dance. the main point is that it is done to benefit the govt and citizen is last in their mind!!! personally I think you are better off going interest shopping every now and then - you will beat the interests offered in CPF2