• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MND Brings AHPETC To Court! Aljunied Residents Can Sleep Better Now!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ministry of National Development (MND) has commenced legal proceding against Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC) through the Attorney General Chambers (AGC) to seek to impose conditions onto grants disbursed to the town council and to have the court to appoint independent auditors to the town council.

In its originating summons, MND declared that it has a legal or equitable interest in the grants-in-aid disbursed or to be disbursed by MND to AHPETC or its predecessor, AHTC to ensure that to recover payment that are not properly authorised or lawfully made and to take appropriate action against any person action for AHPETC if there has been any breach of duty or unlawful conduct.

The proposed independent auditors by MND will co-authorise and co-sign all payments in excess of S$20,000 from segregated bank accounts established by AHPETC and grants payable for financial years 2014/15 and 2015/16 from MND and to oversee the payments to ensure all proposed payments out of the special accounts are correctly made and properly authorised.

Apart from the above, the independent auditors will also identify whether the payments made by AHPETC have been correctly made. With the leave of court, the independent auditors will demand and collect for the recovery of town council money which are incorrectly paid out and also take appropriate actions in the event if breach(es) of duties or unlawful conduct by individuals are found.

AHPETC chairman Sylvia Lim earlier said to media, “As the case is now before the courts, I do not think it is appropriate for me to make any comments … We will be mounting a vigorous defence and doing this in the interest of the residents. We believe this court case is wholly unnecessary,” .

In the hearing, AGC repeated the findings on the APHETC’s financial report produced by the Attorney General Officer (AGO) in February 2015. AGC pointed out that although AGO did not highlight any but argues that the AGO’s report was not meant to find contraventions or wrong doing in the town council’s financial processes and items set out in the originating summons filed by MND are sought to do that.

Towards assertion by AHPETC that this legal proceeding is one of a political nature, AGC stated that the proceeding by MND is not of a political dispute as all town councils are required to fulfill their statutory obligations through the town council act and not a matter between People’s Action Party and Worker’s Party in contrast

During the hearing, the presiding judge, Justice Quentin Loh asked AGC if there was any preceding case where the court appoints an independent auditor into a company to oversee the operations of the company.

In response to the judge’s question, AGC presented a case where the court appointed independent auditors to a company which had been proven to have issues in the business, to ensure that the operations are proper.

The judge also asked if the appointment of the independent auditors to the town council would mean that the auditors would be able to gain access to information from third party, such as FM Solution and Services (FMSS) and FM Solutions and Integrated Services (FMSI) through the court. The AGC said yes.

The hearing will continue in the afternoon and carry on to Tuesday at the Supreme Court. Members of public can attend the public hearing.

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...appoint-independent-auditors-to-town-council/

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
shameful LTK. wanted to work as co driver to slap main driver.
they cannot even manage AHPETC fund correctly.

nevertherless i will still vote for opposition party because I have no choice as I dont want to pay 10% gst and I also dont want to get my cpf fund after I die

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
shameful LTK. wanted to work as co driver to slap main driver.
they cannot even manage AHPETC fund correctly.

nevertherless i will still vote for opposition party because I have no choice as I dont want to pay 10% gst and I also dont want to get my cpf fund after I die

& I dun want my children with genuine degrees to compete with F Trashes with fake Masters degree......... & my govt to play dumb

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP wants to harass WP until the latter can't focus on election preparation. WP should beg for help from objective sinkees like us to help with the election campaign.

WP should insist that the MND pay for the cost of the supervisor. You can bet that the supervisor will do the PAP's bidding and share information of the WPTC to the PAP.

WP should start disseminate information to that effect.

WP is too passive ...it is time they step up or ship out.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nay, WP should do nothing and allow the law through. It's another 12 months max to the next election. Beat the PAP and this thing will come back and bite them so hard they'll cry mother. The PAP MPs are stupid, even the corrupted Qing officials know that you must always 留条后路 and not 赶尽杀绝.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yawn.
Yawn.
Yawn.

The MYR$8 Cow as PAP Chairman is leading the charge, telling the other slack dogs to get their butts off the ground.

LOL2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
JohnTan

lS7cz.gif

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
WP to go kaput by June 2015!!

At the High Court hearing today (4 May) to decide whether independent accountants should be appointed to oversee Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC) so as to safeguard Govt grants to AHPETC, MND said AHPETC only has sufficient funds to last until June 2015.

MND applied to the court on 20 March to appoint independent accountants after the AGO audit in Feb. AHPETC is mounting a vigorous defence against this.

Just before entering the court house, WP chairman and MP for Aljunied GRC, Sylvia Lim, told reporters that while it would be inappropriate for her to make any comments to the case, “suffice to say that we’ll be mounting a vigorous defence”.

“We’re doing this in the interest of our residents. We believe that this court case is wholly unnecessary,” she said.

In court today, MND indicated that AHPETC has missed two transfers to the Sinking Fund, which is meant for long-term maintenance of the estate.

MND cited 4 concerns why the need to appoint independent accountants for AHPETC:

MND also argued that its action is not a move as part of a “political dispute”. AGC Deputy chief counsel for litigation Aurill Kam, who is acting for MND, said that AHPETC has “mischaracterised” the MND actions by saying that it is one between PAP and WP. Ms Kam said that it is an action between MND and AHPETC. Under the Town Council Act, MND has regulatory oversight over town councils, she said.

Ms Kam also said that the steps taken by AHPETC to date following the report have been “inadequate”. “There is no evidence that the town council has sought help from professionals with good track records,” she added.

“The position of the town council’s finances is a matter that remains shrouded in uncertainty even till today.”

She also pointed out that AHPETC was evasive and inconsistent in its correspondences with the ministry, as well as in Parliament, when the AGO’s report was debated in February.

With regard to missing the transfers to the Sinking Fund, Ms Kam said, “It is important to recognise that the requirement to make the Sinking Fund transfers is not a mere technical requirement but a substantive requirement.”

“There is the temptation when financially-strapped, to postpone savings and to put one’s hand into a cookie jar to draw on savings to satisfy the immediate need. It sounds appealing but it would simply be drawing on reserves and mortgaging the future of residents away,” she added.

MND withholds giving grants to AHPETC

Reader, “Win battles lose war”, wrote to TRE noting that in a letter dated April 28 last year, MND told AHPETC that it was considering withholding its grant, which would have amounted to $7 million.

The reader asked, “Does this mean that the AHPETC’s cashflow problems started because of the Ministry’s withholding of the grants in the first place – even whilst the process of the audit team was on-going and not completed yet?”

“Isn’t this kind of like punishing you even before the audit is complete – to the detriment of the residents?” he further questioned.

The reader also noted that the current Singapore legislation dictates that when a town council is won by a different party in an election, such as in the case of Aljunied GRC, 100% of the accumulated past surplus has to be transferred to the sinking fund.

The reader asked, “Wouldn’t this cause the current AHPETC’s cashflow problem?”

The hearing continues.

http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/05/04/mnd-ahpetc-only-has-funds-to-last-until-june/

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP to go kaput by June 2015!!

MND withheld funds more than a year ago. Why did the ministars only raised the issue in Parliament this year?????

Goes to show that the PAP government has been targetting WP TC year back.

WP TC should go on a grassroot offensive to finger the PAP government. It is time to go on the offensive, WP. You can't fight a fascist government by playing by their rules.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hope enough sinkies can see beyond the smokescreen.
Then all these antics will backfire big time on vile pappies

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope enough sinkies can see beyond the smokescreen.
Then all these antics will backfire big time on vile pappies

I believe residents in Opposition wards are more concerned with issues no the ground level - whether the estate is clean and the fees they are paying compared to PAP wards.

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe residents in Opposition wards are more concerned with issues no the ground level - whether the estate is clean and the fees they are paying compared to PAP wards.

SO papigs forcing the residents there to vote PAP to avoid fould estate?
Isn't it blackmail of the dirtiest kind???????????? Use taxpayers' money to whack taxpayers??

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Thanks to the PAP all Aljunied residents do not have to worry about rubbish not being cleared after June. Do you repent?