• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Head of Ren Ci Hospital arrested

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Head of Ren Ci Hospital arrested

THE long-time head of Ren Ci Hospital, the Venerable Ming Yi, was arrested yesterday and stepped down from all his positions at the charity, according to a report by The Straits Times

He posted police bail of $200,000 last night and left the Commercial Affairs Department at the Police Cantonment Complex at about 11pm after giving his statement. He was wearing his monk robes.

The Straits Times said that the arrest comes five months after he went on long leave when the police were asked to probe the charity's finances.

The Health Ministry found 'possible irregularities' in Ren Ci's books after an audit.

At the heart of the issue were questionable loans made by the hospital, amounting to several million dollars. Some of these loans were allegedly given to companies with links to the Venerable Ming Yi.

There were also loans given to a helper with the charity as well as investments made over the years in his name.

As a result of the probe, Ren Ci lost the right to grant its supporters tax exemption for donations.

..... Wonder which charity org can we trust now...Haizz :(

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What to do??? once bitten twice shy... learned my lesson well.. I never donate a single cents after the NKF saga.... :wink:

Still got those flag seller going around neighbourhood EVERY weekend w/o fail, sticking the tin at you like every 5-10 steps... Think last time forbidden city security oso not so tight... Haizz.. :(:biggrin:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
What to do??? once bitten twice shy... learned my lesson well.. I never donate a single cents after the NKF saga.... :wink:

please do not think that way. There are definitely needy pple outside who need your help. if not giving to big organisations, how about small homes? dun abandon the poor because of a few black sheeps.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
please do not think that way. There are definitely needy pple outside who need your help. if not giving to big organisations, how about small homes? dun abandon the poor because of a few black sheeps.

Not tat we dun 1 2 help... The question is who to trust when come to handling the donation...

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
nbz...u say everything i want to say liao... then what else can i say..:mad:

Top post :biggrin:..not that we dont want to help, there are other ways to help than just donating money...:wink:

Not tat we dun 1 2 help... The question is who to trust when come to handling the donation...

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Top post :biggrin:..not that we dont want to help, there are other ways to help than just donating money...:wink:

Then again money donation is still the best and most practical form and because of the NKF saga now follow by RenCi, the other charity org now practically facing an uphill task collecting donations from the public.:o

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may like to consider doing what i do.

Every month i set aside a sum of money. When I see needy people, I am likely give to them.

Of course, it is not tax deductible. But it is worth it because the money goes 100% to the needy.

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may like to consider doing what i do.

Every month i set aside a sum of money. When I see needy people, I am likely give to them.

Of course, it is not tax deductible. But it is worth it because the money goes 100% to the needy.

Thats so kind of you bro.:wink: Tell me, which are the places you will most likely hang out in?:biggrin:

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
hulk.. we are not saying that we should not donate.....we are saying we dont know who to trust...like that how to donate???. take the burma incident for example.... dont u have any doubts whether the funds raised to help the burmese victim actually reached them? Bottom line is nobody wants to be taken as a fool.

talking about fools.... MS.. i very long time never see ah fool post liao...:where the fish is he???: D

Then again money donation is still the best and most practical form and because of the NKF saga now follow by RenCi, the other charity org now practically facing an uphill task collecting donations from the public.:o

maituleow

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has to change his title frm Venerable Ming Yi to vulnerable Ming yi now...:biggrin::biggrin:

bro,thats a good one.,long time no see u on the other forum.
sometimes you must realise that he is human after all. ..all that money rolling in and nowhere to spend ,its not like he can "indulge" hehehhehehehe

WOOHOO

Alfrescian
Loyal
me rhink the best way to realy help those needy is to go down yourself and understnd /feel/sympthise with those really in need and give them the cash. And it's not those beggars or those selling tissue paper I'm talking about^^

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bro,thats a good one.,long time no see u on the other forum.
sometimes you must realise that he is human after all. ..all that money rolling in and nowhere to spend ,its not like he can "indulge" hehehhehehehe

Dick getting micro and soft... so seldom kio kway leow. :biggrin:

U r rite... we dun reali noe the whole pict... maybe he jus helping a friend out short term but sway sway kena caught... Let's wait n c how the investigation goes lor...:smile:

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
me rhink the best way to realy help those needy is to go down yourself and understnd /feel/sympthise with those really in need and give them the cash. And it's not those beggars or those selling tissue paper I'm talking about^^

i would second this statement...

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
hulk.. we are not saying that we should not donate.....we are saying we dont know who to trust... Bottom line is nobody wants to be taken as a fool.

Point noted :wink:

He has to change his title frm Venerable Ming Yi to vulnerable Ming yi now...:biggrin::biggrin:

Wah piang like that you can also came out with bro. Now every time i see your nick appearing sure click see what kind of hilarious comments you will post.:biggrin:

Bro SammyHulk, for the needy he is referring to those 'ladies'. :biggrin:

Really ah?? Didn't know leh...Thanks for highlighting.:biggrin: