• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singtel Masti Miss Starlet 2015 winner's title revoked due to her tweets

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would be interesting to know whether this ah neh woman is a local born kek leng who is too immature to hold the title or she is a foreign trash ah neh who became arrogant and boorish after getting her shitizenship or SPR from the pappies.

If she belongs to the latter category, it is time for pappies to re-think seriously what kind of FT would be acceptable. Would the pappies take action to implement rules to put all FTs on probation who applied for shitizenship or SPRs?

Weed out the undesirables and grant shitizenships or SPRs to those FTs who deserve to get it. The ah neh woman in IDA who used fake academic qualification should be put on the plane out of SG.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Kenna wacked for being honest - Guess the race?

beautyqueentitlerevoked_main.jpg

The freshly-crowned Singtel Masti Miss Starlet 2015 has been dethroned after the offensive tweets she made came to the contest organisers' and netizens' attention on Sunday.

A reader had informed online citizen journalism site Stomp of the offensive posts made by Ms Yasmeen Munira on her personal Twitter account on Saturday and Nov 26 last year.

In a screenshot of the tweets, she said: "Singaporeans are so ugly..." and also said that fat people should not take or occupy the seats on public transport.
Following Singtel's announcement of her revoked title, Ms Munira posted a detailed apology on her Facebook page, saying: "There really is no excuse for anyone, myself included, for slamming people because the things one says will come back to haunt you eventually."

She added that she has learnt that it was "a terrible thing to do" and has since deactivated her social media accounts where "(she) chose to rant and put (her) ugly and horrible thoughts."

The post ended with Ms Munira saying: "I want to start on a clean slate I suppose and make sure that I think twice, three times even, before I say or do something."
Event organiser Masti 96.3FM addressed the incident in a statement posted on its Facebook account:

"To All Concerned: This is an important statement. The Singtel Masti Miss Starlet 2015 winner, Yasmeen Munira's title has been revoked with immediate effect. This is due to some irresponsible statements made by her recently which reflect very negative on her as an individual.

"Neither Singtel TV nor Radio Masti were aware of the same and as soon as the statements were brought to our attention earlier today, this action has been taken. The title
has since been moved on to Ms Vijayalakshmi, the first runner up.

"We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

"Signed off: Singtel Masti Miss Starlet 2015 organising committee."

Ms Munira's apology is also reproduced here in full:

"Dear Sir, I was crowned the title of Miss Starlet Singapore 2015 yesterday and due to irresponsible behaviour on Twitter, my title has been revoked as of today.
"I do wish to apologise to anyone I have offended and there is really no excuse for my behaviour. I will bear the brunt of my behaviour and will certainly bear the consequences.

"I want to thank Radio Masti and Singtel for giving me the opportunity and I respect their decision to revoke the title. Have a great week ahead."

The Stomp contributor explained why he wanted to highlight this issue in an email:

"Yasmeen Munira has been named as the 'Face Of Singtel TV' as well as 'Miss Starlet Singapore 2015' by Masti 96.3FM. This wouldn't be a problem until people found out how downright mean spirited and rude she was.

"A simple twitter search got me in a state of deep disbelief and anger that this is the girl who would represent Singapore. Attached are screenshots from her public twitter account. How can someone who is representing Singapore be the same person who uses such rude and derogatory slang?

"She also proceeds to mention numerous times how Singaporeans are 'ugly' and even believes that chubby people shouldn't be allowed in the same train as her. Such public postings of extremely disgusting, barbaric and rude behaviour needs to be shamed.

"I am sure Singaporean netizens and fellow Stomp readers would be outraged by her tweets. How can such a self indulgent and arrogant person be the face of anything, let alone represent Singapore?"

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Kenna wacked for being honest - Guess the race?

She said those things?

I am stunned like vegetable.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ah pui shd not take mrt...chiu agree?

20150420_ln_beau-02.jpg

“新加坡人丑陋”、“胖子不该搭地铁”,在网络上大放厥词的新电信和电台Masti美姐,前天刚夺下后冠,昨天就因“不负责任的言论”被撤销衔头,只当了一天美后。
21岁大学生雅诗敏(Yasmeen Munira)前天夺下由新电信和电台Masti联合举办的选美活动“Miss Starlet”冠军。
选美活动开放给18岁以上的单身女生,雅诗敏今年21岁。据了解,她目前就读于南洋理工大学学黄金辉传播与信息学院二年级。
不过,她刚夺冠12小时,就被网民揪出在推特发了一些“不负责任的言论”推文,指她“自我放纵和傲慢”,不能代表新加坡,还把推文公开在Stomp网站。
其中包括她去年11月所发的“为什么肥胖的人不能明白,他们不应该搭地铁,占用座位?”
她也讽刺说,肥胖的人应坐德士,反正就像两个人坐德士一样,德士费很划算。

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Ah pui shd not take mrt...chiu agree?

As long they dont stand inbetween the door ok liao :biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Ah pui shd not take mrt...chiu agree?

If chiu agree, moi will also agree. :biggrin:

moi bery chin Cai huan...agree onot neber mind. ..moi oni noe...with her look...quite safe to walk de street of Mumbai...eng gain bo taichi huat seng huan...:biggrin::biggrin: