• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are these SAF Generals?

Apunehneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are we sending our ememies the wrong message?

esmin0.jpg

feb.Par.0011.Image.gif

Ernie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Generals? Paper generals you mean. Have they seen action on the battlefield? Have they killed anyone in war? Have they experience war? Fark! Even the lowest private in the US army fighting insurgents in Iran could garner more respect.

Laters...

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Generals? Paper generals you mean. Have they seen action on the battlefield? Have they killed anyone in war? Have they experience war? Fark! Even the lowest private in the US army fighting insurgents in Iran could garner more respect.

Laters...

More like toy soldiers to me, look at the BG Chan, first look more like a young man rather then a general to be respected.

Singapore's so call top echlon in the military does have the leadership factor to lead or to be respected. In other countries, the top are usually really senior officers whom are respected by all ranks.

Respect in the SAF is by intimdation or coercion. How many who have served really in their hearts respect their rank on the shoulder board.:mad:

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
More like toy soldiers to me, look at the BG Chan, first look more like a young man rather then a general to be respected.

Singapore's so call top echlon in the military does have the leadership factor to lead or to be respected. In other countries, the top are usually really senior officers whom are respected by all ranks.

Respect in the SAF is by intimdation or coercion. How many who have served really in their hearts respect their rank on the shoulder board.

Well said!

I remember a USA general storming out of war game planning room screaming "you singapore have a general who knows nothing about war!"

No price for guessing the general he referring too...

He is up there very high now as...

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinky Loong was one of them. I heard that when he was a trainee, he fainted during one of his trg runs and the company program was cancelled that day.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinky Loong was one of them. I heard that when he was a trainee, he fainted during one of his trg runs and the company program was cancelled that day.

He was a softy who brings his own can of Yeo Hiap Seng curry chicken to the OCS dining room and never even offer anyone.
Also could not climb the 6 ft wall at the SAFTI obstacle.

Would we folllow him to war?

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
General Ray Odierno: Petraeus's Iraq Replacement

| April 23, 2008 10:49 AM
Read More: General David Petraeus Replacement, General Ray Odierno, Warwire, Breaking Politics News
facebook
Share this with friends on Facebook.com!

* Comments

Who will replace General Petraeus as the Senior Commander in Iraq? Lt. Gen. Ray Odierno, a familiar face in the media and the man who has been serving as Petraeus's Deputy, is expected to take on the job. Defense Secretary Robert Gates, who announced General Odierno's nomination at a press conference today, thanked him for accepting a move back to Iraq only two months after he had returned from a tour. Gates said that Petraeus will most likely leave Iraq in the late summer or early fall.

More on General Odierno from his official bio page:

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
the correct term for those gundus r not called generals lah. they're uniformed general workers. all who sign their lives to the army r good for nothing idiots who're escaping from the real world. inside the uniform, they think they very big, can eat until fat like a pig, yet expect the guys on the ground to maintain IPPT gold.

those gundus get promoted to 3* general, bt have zero war experience. i can bet they're so happy enjoying their SFI/NTUC cookhouse food + cheap DF tiger beer, until they now also forget how to maintain rifle, dun care is M16 or "sars"21