• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

German university rejects Ah Neh student application over fear of "rape problem"

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
UNIVERSITIES

India's 'rape problem' a problem for Leipzig University

letter1_story-650_030915113914.jpg

letter2_mos-650_030915113915.jpg

An Indian student who applied for an internship at Leipzig University claims that a professor rejected him because she didn't want Indian men on her project - for fear of rapists. The professor rejects the accusation.

The rejection of an Indian student's application to study at a German university has gone viral, with Germany's ambassador even sending a missive from Delhi to Leipzig.

The man, who remains anonymous for now, had applied for a position in the biochemistry lab of Professor Annette Beck-Sickinger. Her reply was originally posted on The original post on Quora, a website where individuals can ask the Internet community for advice. From there, it quickly blew up on social media.

Hundreds of tweets with the hashtag #GermanProfessor have called Beck-Sickinger a racist. According to the screenshots originally posted, the professor wrote the applicant that she did not accept any male students from India for internships. "We hear a lot about the rape problem in India which I cannot support," the screenshot reads. "I have many female students in my group, so I think this attitude is something I cannot support."

'Almost unbelievable'

When the student replied complaining about the generalization, Beck-Sickinger admitted that the accusations did not apply to every individual. But, she added, "it is also unbelievable that the Indian society is not able to solve this problem ..." The professor referred to reports about rape and sexual violence in India that reach Germany "on a weekly basis." German media have reported on such assaults in India more frequently since the gang rape of a young woman on a bus in Delhi in December 2012.

Even Germany's ambassador to India, Michael Steiner, has become involved. In an open letter to Beck-Sickinger, Steiner found strong words for his disapproval of the professor's behavior, calling it an "oversimplifying and discriminating generalization:"

Beck-Sickinger, who finds herself at the center of this outrage, claims she never rejected the applicant because he was an Indian man. "I never wrote the mail in this way," she is quoted as saying in anofficial statement from Leipzig University. "It has been put together from individual segments taken from different mails." According to the university's release, the student wasn't accepted into the laboratory simply because there were no more spots. "I am by no means racist or xenophobic in any way," Beck-Sickinger said in the statement.

In the the university statement Beck-Sickinger apologizes to anyone whose feelings she had hurt. This apology, however, was not received well on Twitter. Users mostly seem to believe the applicant's version of events and see the professor as dishonest. "If India is a country [of] rapists then Germany is a country of racists," a user named Devil's Advocate tweeted.

The News Minute, an online magazine, even published the story of a second student, who also wishes to remain anonymous. He claims to have received a similar email from the biochemistry professor when he applied for a PhD position with her in March 2014. According to a screenshot of that email, Beck-Sickinger rejected this student because of India's "rape problem" as well. She allegedly wrote: "I cannot support a society which is not able to respect females in any aspect. I think cultured people cannot close their eyes."

Another Indian student, Vishal, who asked that only his first name be used, is doing a PhD in chemical informatics in Berlin. He came to Germany from India in 2011 to do his master's at Bonn University and said he was shocked when he heard about how the professor in Leipzig had allegedly treated another Indian man. "I was awestruck," he told DW. "It's really, really sad to hear something like that from a German professor."

Vishal said that he himself had never encountered racism in Germany. He was actually surprised by the warm welcome his institute gave him when he first arrived and said that no one had ever considered him a rapist just because he was from India.

The experience of his friend Priyanka has been equally positive. She came to Germany in October 2010 and is now also working on her PhD in Berlin. She has been part of an international internship program in Heidelberg and highly values the cooperation with fellow PhD candidates from different backgrounds.

When Priyanka read that Professor Beck-Sickinger had allegedly rejected a student because he was male and Indian, she was outraged. "I couldn't believe this could actually happen in science," she told DW. "We don't do science to advance a particular country. Our goal is broader. Science connects us beyond our geographical barriers."

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the Frau Dr Prof did the right thing unless she is itching for free rams ala India...... but then chances are indian pecker is too small for her Scheide.........

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
UNIVERSITIES
s.

When Priyanka read that Professor Beck-Sickinger had allegedly rejected a student because he was male and Indian, she was outraged. "I couldn't believe this could actually happen in science," she told DW. "We don't do science to advance a particular country. Our goal is broader. Science connects us beyond our geographical barriers."

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Evidently Priya needs to take more bus rides in Nude Delhi or Calcutta where she can become a black hole..

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The German professor did the right thing. No country should allow rapists to come in just because they fear being labelled as 'racists'.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The rejection of an Indian student's application to study at a German university has gone viral, with Germany's ambassador even sending a missive from Delhi to Leipzig.

The man, who remains anonymous for now, had applied for a position in the biochemistry lab of Professor Annette Beck-Sickinger. Her reply was originally posted on The original post on Quora, a website where individuals can ask the Internet community for advice. From there, it quickly blew up on social media.

Hundreds of tweets with the hashtag #GermanProfessor have called Beck-Sickinger a racist. According to the screenshots originally posted, the professor wrote the applicant that she did not accept any male students from India for internships. "We hear a lot about the rape problem in India which I cannot support," the screenshot reads. "I have many female students in my group, so I think this attitude is something I cannot support."

Universities have been known to reject applicants for far more egregious reasons.

i don't see what's wrong with rejection based on nationality. If anything, the university is protecting its students. That's a good thing.

Brahmadachod

Alfrescian
Loyal
The german professor did the right thing to reject the pervert indians. Morale of story? Do not give any reasons when you reject Indians. You do not owe Indians any explanation.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The other anticipated problem is their ba wu. No students will want to sit next to an Ah Neh. It is worse than toilet smelling of sai.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Really proud of this professor this is the correct thing to do. These bloody shit skins are the fucking worst and show 0 sign of remorse despite all the fucking disgusting things they do.

Only in singapore would they welcome them. Well let the chinese dogs get raped by them.