• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vase Jo Talk Cock again when clarifying her remarks on NS pay

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The #SAF has an important place in our society. Boyfriends, husbands and sons serve alongside brave women who choose to be in the SAF and protect us, watch over us, so that we may sleep better…

My recent comments on National Service appear to have caused a stir. Let me clarify what was said.

At a REACHSingapore post-Budget dialogue, a participant had commented that “it’s rubbish” for house-husbands with no recorded income to be paid a NSman service pay (allowance) of the same level as a working NSman. Many in the audience shook their heads in disagreement.

Later on, another participant in his late 40s voiced a different perspective. Having served NS himself, he is proud to be involved in the defense of his home country. He also noted the “service pay (allowance) has increased over time and is much more than when he served as a NSF.”

Sensing the disquiet in the room, I shared my view that the contributions of NSmen cannot be valued in monetary terms. What the SAF provides by way of the allowance cannot be used to measure the high levels of their contribution – it cannot be measured in dollars and cents.

… I still recall the time my late grandma cried, when my uncle Peter started serving NS. Then, it became my turn when my then-boyfriend (now husband) went to train overseas. We missed them of course. But it was also the realisation that it’s no easy task to keep our homeland safe. This Singapore50 (#SAF50) and any other time, the sacrifices of our NSmen and the support of their families are well-appreciated.

I hope this clarifies.

Jo Teo

Source: FaceBook

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since she is saying that what NSmen contribute cannot be measured by the allowance, given in dollars and cents by SAF, likewise, a Minister’s contribution to the country shouldn’t be measured in dollars and cents either.

So why benchmark a Minister’s pay to the top 1000 earners in Singapore?

Just pay a Minister an allowance as a token of gesture, like what the SAF is paying NSman now.

Stop thinking your value ought to be the same as that of top 1000 CEOs. After all, your contribution as leaders of the country should be thought of as “priceless” and way above what “dollars and cents” can measure, shouldn’t it?

I think the more Josephine Teo tries to explain, the murkier the Minister pay issue becomes.

She should just shut up and enjoy her million dollar pay while she can.

Time is running out on her and her gang.

VTO!

Sibeh Tulan

* Contributed by TRE reader
http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/03/11/jo-then-stop-pegging-your-pay-to-top-1k-earners/

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
The #SAF has an important place in our society. Boyfriends, husbands and sons serve alongside brave women who choose to be in the SAF and protect us, watch over us, so that we may sleep better…

My recent comments on National Service appear to have caused a stir. Let me clarify what was said.

At a REACHSingapore post-Budget dialogue, a participant had commented that “it’s rubbish” for house-husbands with no recorded income to be paid a NSman service pay (allowance) of the same level as a working NSman. Many in the audience shook their heads in disagreement.

Later on, another participant in his late 40s voiced a different perspective. Having served NS himself, he is proud to be involved in the defense of his home country. He also noted the “service pay (allowance) has increased over time and is much more than when he served as a NSF.”

Sensing the disquiet in the room, I shared my view that the contributions of NSmen cannot be valued in monetary terms. What the SAF provides by way of the allowance cannot be used to measure the high levels of their contribution – it cannot be measured in dollars and cents.

… I still recall the time my late grandma cried, when my uncle Peter started serving NS. Then, it became my turn when my then-boyfriend (now husband) went to train overseas. We missed them of course. But it was also the realisation that it’s no easy task to keep our homeland safe. This Singapore50 (#SAF50) and any other time, the sacrifices of our NSmen and the support of their families are well-appreciated.

I hope this clarifies.

Jo Teo

Source: FaceBook

It did not clarify at all. Instead it shows how slimely and shifty a female viper can be. The issue is she said NSmen does not deserve more allowance as they are doing a service to the nation. She was unable to defend, if so, why papigs ministers and cronies are paid so much doing the nation a service?????????? Surely what is good for the goose is also good for the gander!! CCB!!

Question is:can this bitch be trusted? I still recall how she tried to score points by poking holes at WP papig instigated crisis................

Last edited:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now the cock and bull story comes complete with the supporting cast of grandmothers and husband.
Tan Chuan Jin said he missed precious times with his father.
Tin Pei Ling's biggest regret was no time to bring parents to Disney Land.
Grace Fu said no time to spend with children.
Don't these clowns know that they do have a choice?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
An excellent explanation. I am proud of her and the PAP as a whole. They have done wonders for the country.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
An excellent explanation. I am proud of her and the PAP as a whole. They have done wonders for the country.

11043227_725789987539092_4617094837359194542_n.jpg

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now the cock and bull story comes complete with the supporting cast of grandmothers and husband.

the common thread is money is too good to give it a miss!! $68 million bucks paid for doing national service courtesy of PAP

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Both NS men and Ministers make great sacrifices in order to serve the country so I don't know what the fuss is about.

Ministers could easily get cushy, high paying jobs which did not involve public scrutiny. Instead they sacrifice their privacy, their time, and a substantial amount of money to make Singapore a better place for all of us.

For that I am eternally grateful. If it were not for Lee and his ministers, the country would have to be handed over to the opposition clowns who would destroy everything that has been built up over the last 50 years in less than one electoral term.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They don't spend much time in parliament.
They don't have to bother answering questions from the opposition since.
They have many grass looters & assistants to assist them in running a small kampong like Spore.
They are allowed to do sideline biznesses on top of theiir gov't job.

They may be skiving rather than being over worked.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
NS men earn $3 day...... she earns $3000 a day.....both make great sacrifices in order to serve the country...
if you can't even see the difference....how the fuck you know what the fuss is ?? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Both NS men and Ministers make great sacrifices in order to serve the country so I don't know what the fuss is about.

do something more meaningful..... vote the PAP out !!!!!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
NS men earn $3 day...... she earns $3000 a day.....both make great sacrifices in order to serve the country...
if you can't even see the difference....how the fuck you know what the fuss is ?? :biggrin: :biggrin:

It has nothing to do with the absolute numbers. NS men may be paid $3 but they're doing bugger all most of the time. I should know because I went through NS.

A PAP minister, on the other hand, is running a multi billion dollar economy.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
u talk like that er, die lah.... sabo your prime minister, dy PM and those *, **, general ministers...
then why our SAF wasted so much billions, trillions of tax payers $$$$$$ ????
then why spore (in per capital terms); is the world's Number ONE on defence budget ???
knn... meaning our cheng hoo wasted all our tax payers' $$$$ all these years ???

It has nothing to do with the absolute numbers. NS men may be paid $3 but they're doing bugger all most of the time. I should know because I went through NS.

A PAP minister, on the other hand, is running a multi billion dollar economy.

do something more meaningful.....join the 40%.... Vote Out the PAP !!!!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
u talk like that er, die lah.... sabo your prime minister, dy PM and those *, **, general ministers...
then why our SAF wasted so much billions, trillions of tax payers $$$$$$ ????
then why spore (in per capital terms); is the world's Number ONE on defence budget ???
knn... meaning our cheng hoo wasted all our tax payers' $$$$ all these years ???

The fact that the PAP prioritizes defence spending above all other expenditure shows just how far sighted they are.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
knn you said..."NS men..... are doing bugger all most of the time. I should know because I went through NS."

.... so it's "priority defence spending" going down the drain at tax payers' expense :biggrin:

The fact that the PAP prioritizes defence spending above all other expenditure shows just how far sighted they are.

do something more meaningful than JT.... VOTE OUT the PAP :biggrin: :biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
knn you said..."NS men..... are doing bugger all most of the time. I should know because I went through NS."

.... so it's "priority defence spending" going down the drain at tax payers' expense :biggrin:

do something more meaningful than JT.... VOTE OUT the PAP :biggrin: :biggrin:

The idle soldiers can be dealt with but in the meantime, the defense hardware and infrastructure still needs massive investment to maintain the country's operational readiness.