• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

renewal of dog licence leading to death.

vietcong44

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi... some of u may remember 2 months ago i had this major dispute wif AVA regarding paying a higher fee for a un-sterilised dog. well i tot my dog was sterialised, so to prove to ava tat it was sterlised, i brought it to a pet clinic in serangoon. vet said tat it was not sterilsed, but had in-grown balls and he advised us to have them removed cuz in-grown balls likely to develop cancer later in life(doggie is 8 yrs old). quote $250 for the simple ops and suggest while we are at it, might as well do dental scaling($150). we agreed. so ystr paid $300 deposit and brought it for the ops in morn and told to collect it evening.

2 hours into the ops, vet called and say some teeth were rotton, advised us to extract for $200. we agreed. few hours later the next call was that he couldnt make it! dying!!! shit. all of us rush down. saw that it was really fighting for life. we later understood that 8 bloody teeth was extracted and some painkiller were induced! vet suggest that maybe allegic to the painkiller cuz him to be dying! later really died! it was damn sad. mum-in-law, sis-in-law and wifey was crying like mad.

now the du-lan part coming..... here comes the clinic staff, showing us a biil of $1200!!! $250 for removing balls, $150 for dental scaling, $200 for extraction of 8 teeth and the rest for extras that were used to revive him, eg oxygen. wtf! i called my friend who is a vet immediately. he said he would like to have a look at the bill and tok to the vet to understand what went wrong during the ops. so we politely told them we will settle the bill in a couple of days. we had $300 deposit wif them and they had copied my mum-in-law's NRIC during registration. they refused and went on and on and on. in this very difficult time, they keep telling us to pay up citing example of people who disappear without paying etc.

in the end. they called the police. yes u heard right. they called the police! police came and big ho-ha and the owner toked to the police over the phone and ordered the police to stop us from leaving the clinic if we dun pay etc etc... police say they cant do that. now police has registered in their report that we didnt pay and police advised them to proceed with a civil so we are free to go. staff sacarstic ask do we need a box to carry the carcass cuz they refuse to lend us their cooling facility to keep the dog overnite. we refuse the bloody box and send him to mt pleasant to store to be cremated next day. incurring $100+ plus transport.

today we wanted to take up the case wif AVA so we went down to obtain his blood test and also his report but they refuse to give us. shit. and said this. ORGINAL PRICE IS 4K plus. 1200 is already very subsidised and very cheap. we ask them to sue us for not paying. please!!!! now the case is with AVA.

having said all these. i understand one thing. even if the dog died, we still have to pay. even for fees incurred to revive him. but what we cant take it is that instead of consoling the gals and advising us where to store, which dog transport company to call at late hour, where to arrange for cremation, they are only concerned with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all we ask for is to have some time to consolidate and when we are more calm, have a look at the bill and get independent advise from my friend or AVA. of course we have to look at the bill and seek some opinion. $400 bill become $1200! yet, they add more stress to us. in bereavement, the last thing i want is being

1)chased for money,
2) treated like crooks and
3)to see is a few blokes in blue approaching us. try asking men in blue to approach a wake or funeral procession!!!

my mum-in-law's NRIC was registered with them. what were they afraid of????

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
vietcong44,

when animal falls sick,the cost is much higher than human.
extraction of 8 tooths is really too much,the vet must be just graduated.
i know the feeling,before this rule was introduced,my family have about 5 dogs at one time,now left with one.

when they kick the bucket,must also pay a fee to the disposal company to dispose it and they will inform AVA on our behalf,so that we will not receive any renewal for the licence.

maybe you can also ask CASE about it.

vietcong44

Alfrescian
Loyal
vietcong44,

when animal falls sick,the cost is much higher than human.
extraction of 8 tooths is really too much,the vet must be just graduated.
i know the feeling,before this rule was introduced,my family have about 5 dogs at one time,now left with one.

when they kick the bucket,must also pay a fee to the disposal company to dispose it and they will inform AVA on our behalf,so that we will not receive any renewal for the licence.

maybe you can also ask CASE about it.

i understand the costs that comes with owning a pet. and i am willing to pay for it. even the cert to certify if he is sterilise or not. one word from the vet, ingrown balls will cause cancer, i opt for the ops without hesitation.

but what i cant take it is that they make the death very undignified. can u imagine my mum in law, sis in law n wifey crying over the body, and here i am toking to the staff and subsequently the police... and all these while nothing was done to the body. they refuse to let us store the body in their cooler, and refuse to let us leave to send it to mt pleasant to use their cooler cuz they insist we cant leave without paying. as stated in the contract, full payment muz be made upon discharge..... DISCHARGE??????!!!!!!!!!

DonJuanDemarco

Alfrescian
Loyal
i understand the costs that comes with owning a pet. and i am willing to pay for it. even the cert to certify if he is sterilise or not. one word from the vet, ingrown balls will cause cancer, i opt for the ops without hesitation.

but what i cant take it is that they make the death very undignified. can u imagine my mum in law, sis in law n wifey crying over the body, and here i am toking to the staff and subsequently the police... and all these while nothing was done to the body. they refuse to let us store the body in their cooler, and refuse to let us leave to send it to mt pleasant to use their cooler cuz they insist we cant leave without paying. as stated in the contract, full payment muz be made upon discharge..... DISCHARGE??????!!!!!!!!!

Dude, i seriously hope u can name the clinic, else just private msg me so i won't send my jack russell there in the future. :mad:

Kenshinng

Alfrescian
Loyal
and i tot they would be more humane and understanding towards the animals and the owners of the animals.. this is really bad service/unfeeling staff

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't be angry lah ... this lack of human kindness so common in s'pore nowadays is learned from PAP ...

wanna tell us which vet clinic is this ? there are A LOT OF BAD VETS out there, believe me ...

geez, shd have gone to australia to study vet science last time ... firstly i love animals, secondly the vet clinics nowadays are so packed i think the existing lot of vets can't cope with the crowd ... got $$ to be earned there ! :biggrin: ... worse, the animals (clients) are not given the best care ... cases of negligence are common ...

u can't bring back the dead, my ex-cat also died liao due to kidney degeneration but i think the medicine that stupid (ex) vet gave her also led to her rapid decline ... same for my friend's cat ... sick, but after treatment, got sicker ... :(

give your love to another doggie ... so many at SPCA or ASD waiting for a good home ... :smile: (don't forget to renew its licence though)

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
sad. only after the money, conducting operation after operation. just like doctors here, can't wait to operate on peasants.

vets should be pet lovers first before they can qualify as vets.

vietcong44

Alfrescian
Loyal
sad. only after the money, conducting operation after operation. just like doctors here, can't wait to operate on peasants.

vets should be pet lovers first before they can qualify as vets.

ya. you know what are some of the things they said today(day after death)? they say because of the complication of our dog yesterday, they had to reject all other dogs, plus staff all stay back OT... yesterday the clinic was running at a loss. think they trying to make us feel guilty to make us pay!

never ask how we settle the body or how our family is coping! still only about MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!!!!!!! i tot vets also suppose to help to manage pet owners' emotions as well, no?

DonJuanDemarco

Alfrescian
Loyal
never ask how we settle the body or how our family is coping! still only about MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!!!!!!! i tot vets also suppose to help to manage pet owners' emotions as well, no?

These days, it's tough to find any doctors/vets/private practioners that practice their craft with a tinge of emotion. It's more or less $$$ for them. I do empathise with you TS, but that's how Singapore has evolved :(