• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Even in prison, foreigners are treated better than locals!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]DO YOU KNOW THAT EVEN IN PRISON, FOREIGNERS ARE TREATED BETTER THAN LOCALS?[/h]
Post date:
7 Feb 2015 - 6:01pm

Dear TRS,
Do you know that even in prison, foreigner are being treated better than our local Singaporean?

Yes you heard it right.

A little bit of myself: I am a true blue Singaporean who committed a crime back in 2011 for some unlicensed Moneylending. I was 21 back then and was foolish for doing a crime. I paid my due, and now wanted to let everyone know how our government treat our foreign criminal. AND how our taxpayer money are truly used.

As many people will know, once we are being sentenced. We will be sent to Singapore Changi Prison. This is a norm. But do you know the once a foreigner are sentenced, they won't be sent to Singapore Changi Prison. But rather, they will be sent to Admiralty West Prison.

Inside Admiralty West Prison, they have a set of TV in their cell, Newspaper for them to read 24 hours, board games for them to play 24 hours, and a shower area( just like those swimming pools shower area). AND it's open space cell, Yes it's open space, just like how you see those western prison on TV. But in Changi Prison, Your are not able to watch TV, no newspaper, no board game for you to play inside the cell and no shower area. Basically you are trapped inside the a 4 walls for most of your time.

I am one of the lucky few, or should i say 5%? of the Singaporean that are being transferred to from Changi Prison to Admiralty Prison during my 6 month prison time. The environment is so much different, most of these foreigner are laughing happily and enjoying their time while most of the local Singaporean are suffering inside Changi prison. Basically, most of our taxpayer money(or should i say 90% of the money) are used to fund these foreigner while our poor sinkies are stuck inside changi prison without the luxury of TV, and a shower area.

So i urge all Singaporean to vote wisely, don't let your taxpayer money to be use unknowingly. Even in places like prison, we Singaporean are being treated as 2nd grade than these foreigner.

Singaporean
TRS Contributor

Editor's Note:
This article is based on the views of the writer, there are also liekly to be many other factors on top of simply local vs foreign prisoners such as different severities in the crimes committed by the inmates or even good behaviour while in prison.