• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My electricity bill spiked 13 times and sp services said it was due to an "under-esti

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]MY ELECTRICITY BILL SPIKED 13 TIMES AND SP SERVICES SAID IT WAS DUE TO AN "UNDER-ESTIMATION"[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
7 Dec 2014 - 2:07pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear The Real Singapore,

I would like to warn your followers to read their utilities bills carefully, especially those who pay via GIRO like me.

My electricity consumption in my Nov 2014 bill (for previous month's usage) according to SP Services was 13 times that of my average usage for the previous 2 months! Many of my neighbours also reported this abnormal spike in the month of Nov.

When I called SP to enquire, they tried to brush it off by explaining that as actual meter readings are taken only once every 2 months, the spike in Nov could be due to an "under-estimation" of the usage in the Oct bill. They also suggested that it could be due to the fact that I have just moved in as mine is a new HDB estate. Until I pointed out to them that I have already moved in for 4 months and my previous months' bills were far lower.

I also pointed out to them that the Nov bill was even higher than the national average even though my family of 3 (wife and baby) are only home at night and use only one air-conditioner when we sleep. My recent daily usage also confirmed that my monthly usage should be much lower! They proposed a joint meter reading so that their technician can ascertain whether the meters may be faulty.

I took leave today to be at home for the proposed joint meter reading. However, nobody showed up at the appointed time slot and when I called SP, they initially claimed that the technician has come and taken the reading and left. I am pretty sure that cannot be the case as I had the door open and asked to know what was the reading that was taken. Someone eventually came and took the reading quietly and sneaked away before I could get hold of him. A while later, SP called to inform that they have 'mis-communicated' earlier and that nobody had actually come to take the reading at the appointed time due to the rainy weather although they could not explain why I was not kept informed.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

I am still trying to sort out the discrepancy with my abnormal electricity usage as reported by SP. My experience suggests that actual readings are only taken randomly since even a joint meter reading appointment can be missed. Perhaps SP only uses national and precinct level averages to estimate the 'actual' readings taken and many unsuspecting users especially those who pay their bills via GIRO may have unwittingly paid more than they actually consumed!

TRS reader ET

Sammy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: My electricity bill spiked 13 times and sp services said it was due to an "under-

Who did ET Vote For ?

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: My electricity bill spiked 13 times and sp services said it was due to an "under-

Try using magnet it helps to lower down your bills :biggrin: