• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ms Lee Disappointed With Ass Lee!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:eek:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Mistake to ignore stay-home mothers
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I WATCHED Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's National Day Rally speech and realised just how much the Government values the working mum and how little the stay-home mother.
I felt disappointed and discriminated against. The Government is simply not interested in persuading stay-home mothers to have more children, presumably because we are not contributing to the economy. Tertiary-educated homemakers like me have been chastised for wasting taxpayers' money on our education. We are constantly reminded that as it is our personal choice, we do not merit any incentives.
Stay-home mums willingly give up their financial independence and put their aspirations on hold because they believe that it is worth it.
They do so despite the disincentives, not because of any pro-creation benefits. They need no convincing about the joys of parenthood and do not fret about lost opportunities.
Doesn't that make them the perfect candidates to have more babies? And surely, they need less persuading.
Stay-home mothers are not asking for handouts, just equality. Give our husbands (the sole breadwinner in our household) the tax incentives you are dishing out to working mums.
With our burdens eased, we may consider having more children. It wouldn't cost the Government as much as the two-month extended maternity payout to the working mums, and may yield far greater results.
Stay-home mums are neither quitters nor parasites. They play an important role at home and are often active community volunteers. Educated homemakers want to stay active and return to the workforce when their children grow up.
The Government should respect a woman's decision to stay home to care for her children, and provide opportunities for her to re-enter the workforce later.
I am fortunate to have started my family early and have discovered other passions while staying home with the children. I am now pursuing a second degree part time in preparation for my re-entry to the workforce when my youngest child goes to secondary school. I shall be 45 years old then, and not too old to embark on a second career.
I urge the Government to consider a two-pronged approach to boost birth-rates. It is already bending over backwards for the working mums and should consider stay-home mothers too.
We are women, we can bear children and we are willing to do so.
Lee Sui Yi (Madam)

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP: Home makers are an economic burden.... just like old people and autistic children. They should be shipped to Batam to make space for New Citizens.

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I WATCHED Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's National Day Rally speech and realised just how much the Government values the working mum and how little the stay-home mother.

Now it's mom vs mom :biggrin:

wallace

Alfrescian
Loyal
I shall be 45 years old then, and not too old to embark on a second career.

45 years old is a little too late unless you won't complain about your entry level job in future.

Indignant

Ms Lee - what the gahmen wants is for Singaporean women to procreate and continue to contribute to the workforce. The gahmen does not want women to idle at home because they consider stay-at-home mums a liability and not contributing to the economy.

Likewise, there is no paternity leave for fathers because gahmen needs the men to run the economy.