• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ambulance hits car after going out of lane and travelling against traffic

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 05 November 2014 | 7,909 views | 27 comments

More Sharing Services

An ambulance hit a Stomper's car after going out of lane and travelling against the flow of traffic at Ubi Ave 4 on Oct 28.

Stomper Lim said that she was on a bi-directional road and was turning left when the ambulance hit her car.

She said:

"The ambulance had to attend to the call but they should also obey the traffic rules and keep to their lane.

"You should have let the vehicle ahead of you give way to you rather than you over take another vehicle which could potentially endanger other road users."

The Stomper added that the Ubi area is filled with "L" Plate drivers and that the ambulance should have been more careful.

She also mentioned that her workshop, Cycle & Carriage got feedback from the ambulance's insurance company stating that Lim will only get 50 percent of the claim as she did not give way to ambulance.

Lim feels that this is not justified.

She said:

"How can I give way when I’m on the right lane and about to turn left?

"I have ensured that there was no incoming car from the right.

"If your siren was on, then why didn’t the L plate learner give you way since you were on the right lane?"

She added that traffic rules set are for all road users and that everyone should obey them.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...ng-out-of-lane-and-travelling-against-traffic

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally reckless the ambulance that is.

But on a serious note, this comes about becos of the 'dare' sinkie has given to all these Pappy run organizations.

They dare to do it And they dare you to challenge them legally and to win against them.

Which in any case, leaves balless Sinkie with neithier a dare to challenge or a chance to even win even if they are 100% right.

Song bo, Sinkie? LoL

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ambulance should have all the right of way.

ALL cars must siam!

In Angmo country I learned to give way to any emergency vehicles regardless if they are coming towards or going away from you.

If any ambulance hit you, because you are blocking their way!

yourlaubu

Alfrescian
Loyal

ALL cars must siam!

In Angmo country I learned to give way to any emergency vehicles regardless if they are coming towards or going away from you.

dont talk cock lah motherfucker. fuck your mother cheebye understand?

ontheA1

Alfrescian
Loyal

ALL cars must siam!

All cars mee siam mai hum.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
IN USA, when you see the police siren or fire engine, you will move to the side and stop your ride and let them pass.

but fark. that's USA. nevermind, SG got money... just need someone to sign some papers and the CO make sure the NSF kena greased.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Her license should be suspended for failing her Highway Code. How can the front vehicles give way to ambulance if there is only one lane in each direction? The only way is for the ambulance to use the lane in the opp direction and cars in the opp direction to stop in order to give way. (while the front cars to slow down). Yet she still thought that she has the right of way.

Even if there are more than one lane the ambulance can use the opp lane to overtake if it is the easiest way. They will always sound their siren before doing so.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have no idea what right of way is but if I was playing need for speed Porsche unleashed I would probably do a clutch spin drift and give way to the ambulance.

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Her license should be suspended for failing her Highway Code. How can the front vehicles give way to ambulance if there is only one lane in each direction? The only way is for the ambulance to use the lane in the opp direction and cars in the opp direction to stop in order to give way. (while the front cars to slow down). Yet she still thought that she has the right of way.

Even if there are more than one lane the ambulance can use the opp lane to overtake if it is the easiest way. They will always sound their siren before doing so.
You dun overtake at a T junction, even ambulance got the priority, they still cannot overtake so recklessly.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
learn from advanced societies my friends!

[video=youtube;5hV2IeAwaS0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hV2IeAwaS0[/video]

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
learn from advanced societies my friends!

[video=youtube;5hV2IeAwaS0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hV2IeAwaS0[/video]

Sinkie are already doing so....but only if it is a convoy of white cars usually Volvos leading and ending and flashing BLUE lights..

They turn balless when such vehicles want to come thru!!LoLoLoLoL

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You dun overtake at a T junction, even ambulance got the priority, they still cannot overtake so recklessly.
Trust me ambulance drivers are very skilful, not reckless. It is the other party who insist in her right of way; not understanding the meaning of giving way to emergency vehicle.

I had the chance to follow in an ambulance for someone who had a heart attack. The ambulance didn't just overtake using the opposite lane. It even beat all the red lights but not recklessly. It will sound its siren and move forward slowly to indicate its intention. Once the other cars had slowed down to give way, off it go. No mishap all the way because majority of drivers know what is giving way. The family of the patient was most thankful to the skill of the driver and the patience of the drivers that had given way.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PxP Government is right & always RIGHT when they are WrONG....they have the RIGHT OF WAY..in everything..you better siam!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If this retard bitch was in the ambulance in dire emergency, she would be complaining about why the ambulance did not drive on the wrong side of the road in order to get her to the hospital faster.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is very common overseas when on one lane bi directional roads, on coming vehicles will slow down and let you zoom back into your lane after you overtake....very exciting. stomper is a sheep and frog hybrid....the 60.1%.

Posted on 05 November 2014 | 7,909 views | 27 comments

More Sharing Services

An ambulance hit a Stomper's car after going out of lane and travelling against the flow of traffic at Ubi Ave 4 on Oct 28.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She never look right when going from minor road to major road or she would have seen and avoided the ambulance.

In any case, if she spotted the ambulance, she must give way. The issue is she did not see the ambulance because she
was not observing the road properly by looking to her right when she turn out to the major road from the minor road.