• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie education confirms failure as angmor is appointed to head NUS Chinese Studies

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sinkie education confirms failure as angmor is appointed to head NUS Chinese Stud

I bet none of you has ever studied at NUS or taken a module in the Department of Chinese Studies. :rolleyes:

It has nothing to do with the Chinese language. The study of languages belong to the Centre for Language Studies, another department.

Chinese Studies is about social sciences regarding China: history, literature, politics, culture etc

I know very well it is not a language course. I knew seniors who had majored Chinese Studies in Australia (and I suspect they are here in SBF).

The issue is not just about who they appointed but also what the NUS course centers on. And to a major extent, the latter defines our identity as Singaporean Chinese.

The only noteworthy legacy our forefathers left behind are temples???

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sinkie education confirms failure as angmor is appointed to head NUS Chinese Stud

this Christian Crusader angmoh face look like cannot be trusted.

A white is always a white, only some Chines banana Sinkies think like white and cannot tell Whiteman cannot be part of Chinese people.

新加坡无人?

Chinese studies learn simi sai? see temple can pass liao?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I know very well it is not a language course. I knew seniors who had majored Chinese Studies in Australia (and I suspect they are here in SBF).

The issue is not just about who they appointed but also what the NUS course centers on. And to a major extent, the latter defines our identity as Singaporean Chinese.

The only noteworthy legacy our forefathers left behind are temples???

It is all very academic stuff... perhaps a more appropriate name would be China studies. It has nothing related to the identity of Singaporean Chinese.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is all very academic stuff... perhaps a more appropriate name would be China studies.

It is called Chinese Studies and not limited to Mainland China.

It has nothing related to the identity of Singaporean Chinese.

Really? When out of so many topics, it chooses to center around Singapore's dangkee temples?