• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex Manure hard man Roy Keane admits his "self destructive" trait in new autobiography

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Roy Keane admits his ‘mid-life crisis has been going on for years’

Keane says he lives with a ‘self-destruct’ button
’I might be in the right but I know I will be the loser’

Daniel Taylor

The Guardian, <time itemprop="datePublished" datetime="2014-10-07T11:23BST" pubdate="" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border-collapse: collapse;">Tuesday 7 October 2014 11.23 BST
</time>

<figure class="element element-image" data-media-id="gu-fc-3efd8aaa-7ee2-45b9-ac9c-ba86f70bef20" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; border-collapse: collapse;">
Roy-Keane-009.jpg
<figcaption style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; border-collapse: collapse; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); font-size: 0.858em; line-height: 1.25;">Roy Keane says he is living with a 'self-destruct' button, citing his 2002 World Cup walkout as an example. Photograph: Kirsty Wigglesworth/PA</figcaption></figure>Roy Keane has described himself as living with a “self-destruct button” as he looked back over his tempestuous career and tried to explain his old drinking habits and how difficult he had found it to adjust to life after playing football. Keane, opening up in his new autobiography, admits he “used to go missing for a few days” before giving up alcohol and paints the picture of someone who has struggled to cope at times. “My mid-life crisis has been going on for years,” he says.

Keane uses his book, The Second Half, to be heavily critical in passages about Sir Alex Ferguson and some of his other former colleagues at Manchester United but the person he is hardest on is himself, questioning whether his issues stem from low self-esteem and admitting that his former team-mates used to be wary of going out with him because he was “a time-bomb”.

“Anger is a useful trait. But when I’m backed into a corner, when I get into situations, professional or personal, I know deep down that when I lose my rag, and I might be in the right – it doesn’t matter – I know I’m going to be the loser,” he says.

“I will lose out. Saipan and the World Cup – ultimately I lost. Or when I left United, when I could have stayed a bit longer if it had been handled differently. I was the one who lost; I know that. That’s the madness of me. When I’m going off on one, even when I might be right, there’s a voice in my head going: ‘You’ll pay for this.’

“That’s the self-destruct button. I don’t know if it’s low self-esteem. Things might be going really well, and I don’t trust it: ‘It’s not going to last,’ or ‘Why am I getting this? Why are things going so well? I’ll fuck things up a little bit, then feel better myself.’ I might be buying a car: ‘Who do you think you are buying a new car?’ And I’ll fuck it up. I’ll drag things down around me.

<figure class="element element-image" data-media-id="cdf5eca7b99c84c4b625852dbc9ac79f59a46f97" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; border-collapse: collapse;">
110cba1c-7d6d-4e42-9e31-9dc8af6a8cfd-460x276.jpeg
<figcaption style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; border-collapse: collapse; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); font-size: 0.858em; line-height: 1.25;">Roy Keane has been critical of Sir Alex Ferguson and some of his other former colleagues at Manchester United in his book. Photograph: BPI/BPI/REX/BPI/BPI/REX</figcaption></figure>“The self-destruct button is definitely there. And I suffer for it. With my drinking, I used to go missing for a few days. I think it was my way of switching off, never mind the consequences. It was my time. It was self-destructive, I can see that, but I’m still drawn to it. Not the drink – but the madness, the irresponsibility. I can be sitting at home, the most contented man on the planet. An hour later I go: ‘Jesus – it’s hard work, this.’

“Maybe ‘self-destruct’ is too strong a phrase. Maybe I play games with myself. I have great stability in my life. But then, that worries me. I like home comforts, but then I want to be this hell-raiser – but I want my porridge in the morning. I want my wife and kids around me. I’ve dipped into this madness, and I don’t like it that much. Maybe I’m like every man on the planet – I don’t know; I want a bit more than what’s on offer.

“My midlife crisis has been going for years. Someone once said to me – an ex-player and it’s going back to my drinking days – that going out with me was like going out with a time-bomb.”

Keane says there were days at the end of his playing career when “self-pity kicked in” and opens up on his struggles sometimes to contain his rage. “When I have been angry that’s been me defending myself. There is a difference between anger and rage. With anger – when I’ve been angry – somebody with me, or even myself, can pull it back. But with rage, I’ve gone beyond all that; it’s beyond anger. It’s rare – even more so now that I’m not playing football. There’s no control with rage. It’s not good – especially the aftermath. You’re coming down and it’s a long way to go. The comedown can be shocking in terms of feeling down or embarrassed by my behaviour, even if I feel that I wasn’t in the wrong.”

Keane also accepts that his reputation means strangers are naturally wary in his company but argues that he is not the person many think. “I don’t get as angry as people might think. But it might help me. As soon as I walk into a room, I know people are apprehensive; I know they are. They are expecting some kind of skinhead thug. So I’ve a good way of disappointing them. I think I treat people pretty well. I’ve got friends I’ve known for 30 years. If I was some impatient thug, I think they’d keep their distance from me.”

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Ex Manure hard man Roy Keane admits his "self destructive" trait in new autobiogr

Roy Keane reveals details behind his explosive Manchester United exit

Midfielder had bust-up with Ferguson and Carlos Queiroz
Keane says Ferguson told him ‘we’re tearing up your contract’
Keane warned Sir Alex Ferguson over Rock Of Gibraltar

Daniel Taylor

The Guardian, <time itemprop="datePublished" datetime="2014-10-06T16:17BST" pubdate="" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border-collapse: collapse; background-repeat: no-repeat;">Monday 6 October 2014 16.17 BST

</time>

<figure class="element element-image" data-media-id="gu-fc-90bee48e-d23b-4911-bf8f-072ff07051aa" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; border-collapse: collapse; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Roy-Keane-009.jpg
<figcaption style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; border-collapse: collapse; font-size: 0.858em; line-height: 1.25; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-repeat: no-repeat;">Roy Keane has revealed the details behind his departure from Manchester United in his latest book. Photograph: John Giles/PA</figcaption></figure>Roy Keane has revealed he warned Sir Alex Ferguson against taking on the Irish racehorse owners John Magnier and JP McManus in the Rock Of Gibraltar dispute that backfired on Manchester United and put in place the chain of events that led to the Glazer family’s takeover.

Keane, now assistant manager at Aston Villa and with the Republic of Ireland, is heavily critical of Ferguson for pursuing the legal case and says he went to see the United manager to tell him he was taking on the wrong men and that it would have serious repercussions for the club.

Yet Ferguson ignored him and the dispute over stud fees for Rock Of Gibraltar, the retired racehorse, started to have damaging ramifications at Old Trafford, with Magnier and McManus using their position as major shareholders to submit their infamous 99 Questions document, predominantly looking at 13 transfers from the Ferguson era.

“Somebody I met in Ireland had told me to tell him [Ferguson]: ‘You are not going to win this,’ Keane writes in his new autobiography, The Second Half. “I mentioned it to him. And I told him that I didn’t think it was good for the club, the manager in a legal dispute with shareholders.

“I felt I was entitled to say that. He was just a mascot for them. Walking around with this Rock Of Gibraltar – ‘Look at me, how big I am,’ – and he didn’t even own the bloody thing.”

Keane recounts the details of his explosive departure from United in 2005, claiming a training ground bust-up with Ferguson and the assistant Carlos Queiroz made his Old Trafford exit inevitable. The former midfielder also records an incident where he head-butted Peter Schmeichel, leaving the goalkeeper with a black eye.

An interview with MUTV in which Keane criticised a number of his team-mates following a lacklustre performance in a 4-1 defeat by Middlesbrough had weakened the midfielder’s position at the club but he writes that a fierce falling out with Queiroz on a pre-season training camp on the Algarve was the final straw.

“He was just on my right shoulder; how I didn’t fucking hit him again – I was thinking, ‘The villa in Portugal, not treating me well in training – and he just used the word “loyalty” to me,’” said Keane.

“I said, ‘Don’t you fucking talk to me about loyalty, Carlos. You left this club after 12 months a few years ago for the Real Madrid job. Don’t you dare question my loyalty. I had opportunities to go to Juventus and Bayern Munich.’ And while we’re at it we spoke about training downstairs. And were just on about mixing things up in training a bit.”

Keane went on to reveal that Ferguson soon stepped in, saying: “That’s enough. I’ve had enough of all this,” which prompted the midfielder to round on his manager, replying: “You as well gaffer. We need fucking more from you. We need a bit more, gaffer. We’re slipping behind other teams.”

Manchester United fined Keane £5,000 for the MUTV interview but when Ferguson dropped him from a reserve game in which he was supposed to continue his rehabilitation from a broken foot, the Irishman knew the writing was on the wall. Keane claims that Ferguson and David Gill had prepared a written statement to confirm his departure and further angered him by getting the length of his service at Old Trafford wrong.

Keane continued: “I said to Ferguson, ‘Can I play for somebody else?’ And he said, ‘Yeah you can, cos we’re tearing up your contract.’ So I thought, ‘All right – I’ll get fixed up.’ I knew there’d be clubs in for me when the news got out. I said, ‘Yeah – I think we have come to the end.’ I just thought, ‘Fucking prick’ – and I stood up and went ‘Yeah. I’m off.’”

Keane also said he regrets attempting to reconcile with Ferguson and Queiroz a few days later. “Now I kind of wish I hadn’t. Afterwards I was thinking, ‘I’m not sure why I fucking apologised.’ I just wanted to do the right thing. I was apologising for what had happened – that it had happened. But I wasn’t apologising for my behaviour or stance. There’s a difference – I had nothing to apologise for.”

<figure class="element element-image" data-media-id="246a90c3ec50a69086959a2d1e3992ec3097ecf6" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; border-collapse: collapse; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
23620416-5c41-44c8-b2f5-79c127ec587e-460x276.jpeg
<figcaption style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; border-collapse: collapse; font-size: 0.858em; line-height: 1.25; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-repeat: no-repeat;">Roy Keane head-butted Peter Schmeichel on a 1998 pre-season tour in Asia.Photograph: Andrew Couldridge/Action Images

Keane’s bust-up with Schmeichel came much earlier in his Manchester United career, on their pre-season tour to Asia in 1998, with the midfielder adding: “I had a bust-up with Peter when we were on a pre-season tour of Asia in 1998, just after I came back from my cruciate injury. I think we were in Hong Kong. There was drink involved.

“He said, ‘I’ve had enough of you, It’s time we sorted this out.’ So I said ‘OK’ and we had a fight. It felt like 10 minutes. There was a lot of noise – Peter’s a big lad. I woke up the next morning. I kind of vaguely remembered the fight. My hand was really sore and one of my fingers was bent backwards.

“The manager had a go at us as we were getting on the bus, and people were going on about a fight in the hotel the night before. It started coming back to me – the fight between me and Peter.

“In the meantime Nicky Butt had been filling me in on what had happened the night before. Butty had refereed the fight. Anyway, Peter had grabbed me, I’d head-butted him – we’d been fighting for ages. At the press conference, Peter took his sunglasses off. He had a black eye. The questions came at him: ‘Peter, what happened to your eye?’”

Roy Keane: The Second Half, is published by Weidenfeld & Nicolson, £20, orionbooks.co.uk</figcaption></figure>

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Ex Manure hard man Roy Keane admits his "self destructive" trait in new autobiogr

Roy Keane: I didn’t mean to deliberately injure Alf Inge Haaland

• Keane’s new book denies he targeted City midfielder
• ‘He was an absolute prick to play against. Niggling, sneaky’

Daniel Taylor

theguardian.com, <time itemprop="datePublished" datetime="2014-10-06T19:44BST" pubdate="" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border-collapse: collapse; background-repeat: no-repeat;">Monday 6 October 2014 19.44 BST</time>

<figure class="element element-image" data-media-id="gu-fc-ec86f9d2-3d75-4e53-a869-8f5e0c6ee1ea" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; border-collapse: collapse; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Roy-Keane-Alf-Inge-Haalan-011.jpg
<figcaption style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; border-collapse: collapse; font-size: 0.858em; line-height: 1.25; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-repeat: no-repeat;">Roy Keane has insisted he did not mean to injure Manchester City's Alf Inge Haaland in 2001. Photograph: GARY, M, PRIOR/ALLSPORT</figcaption></figure>
Roy Keane has attempted to put the record straight over his infamous clash with Alf Inge Haaland by admitting he had deliberately wanted to hurt “the absolute prick” – but that he had never wanted to injure the Norwegian and it was not revenge for the challenge, four years earlier, that left him with a serious knee injury.

The allegation, Keane said, “hurt me … the idea that I’d almost bragged about deliberately injuring a player, in the hope of selling some extra books”.

However, Keane also goes on to say in his new book, The Second Half, that he has never regretted slamming his studs into the knee of the Manchester City player. Haaland, he says, “pissed me off, shooting his mouth off. He was an absolute prick to play against. Niggling, sneaky. I did want to nail him and let him know what was happening. I wanted to hurt him and stand over him and go: ‘Take that, you cunt.’ I don’t regret that. But I had no wish to injure him.

“It was action; it was football. It was dog eats dog. I’ve kicked lots of players and I know the difference between hurting somebody and injuring somebody. I didn’t go to injure Haaland. When you play sport, you know how to injure somebody.

“There was no premeditation. I’d played against Haaland three or four times between the game against Leeds, in 1997, when I injured my cruciate and the game when I tackled him, in 2001, when he was playing for Manchester City. If I’d been this madman out for revenge, why would I have waited years for an opportunity to injure him?

“Was I going around for years thinking: ’I’m going to get him, I’m going to get him.’? No. Was he at the back of my mind? Of course he was. Like Rob Lee was, like David Batty was, like Alan Shearer was, like Patrick Vieira was. All these players were in the back of my mind: ‘If I get a chance I’m going to fucking hit you, of course I am.’

“Haaland finished the game and played four days later, for Norway. A couple of years later he tried to claim that he’d had to retire because of the tackle. He was going to sue me. It was a bad tackle but he was still able to play four days later.”

Keane was banned for five matches and fined £150,000 after his first book made it appear as though it was a premeditated assault, and he says the case was bound to go against him as soon as his biographer, Eamon Dunphy, was asked whether the United captain had intentionally tried to injure a fellow professional.

“Eamon’s three words back were: ‘without a doubt’. That was the case, my defence, out the window,” Keane says. “Looking back at it now, I’m disappointed in the other Manchester City players. They didn’t jump in to defend their team-mate. I know that if someone had done that to a United player, I’d have been right in there. They probably thought he was a prick, too.”

FunnyAhmad

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good player but a weird guy .

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Culchie pikey is lucky he blessed with footballing skills else an uneducated uncouth like him will have become an IRA foot solider.
Am interested to know if he reveal whos' wives kena fucked by cantona....his included.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

saw Keane when he was at Nottingham Forest....................potentially very good attacking midfielder..............

the cheebye Ferguson made him into a destroyer....................wasted.............